Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20th Season

This sounds like an incredible ride!

WATCH THE UNDERTAKER VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xpFfWk9z4

CHARLESTON - Prepare to fly... feet first in 1998 as Six Flags South Carolina debuts Undertaker, the world's first floorless roller coaster.

Riders will begin their adventure by boarding 4-abreast carriages... with nothing below them but track. Riders will climb to a staggering height of 120 feet before making a turn into a plunge towards the earth below. Riders will speed through various twists and turns, including four mind-bending inversions. The coaster will also utilize the park's hillside terrain.

Undertaker will sport an orange and teal color scheme, quickly grabbing onlookers' attention. The ride will take the place of the former Viper rollercoaster, which closed last year to make way for the new coaster. The ride will be manufactured by Bolliger and Mabillard, the makers of Batman: The Ride at Six Flags South Carolina.

"Undertaker will take the top spots of coaster enthusiasts' favorites list," said park president Joseph Reynolds. "It's like no other coaster on the planet."

Undertaker joins other thrill rides such as Batman: The Ride, Vulture, and Derecho at Six Flags South Carolina for its 20th season of operation.

Undertaker will dominate the park's skyline.

Undertaker... the world's first floorless coaster.

Undertaker's twisted layout.

WATCH THE UNDERTAKER VIDEO: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2xpFfWk9z4

Wow, this is really taking some heat over at NE!

I really enjoy the layout, and I love the name. The only problem I have is the colors. They don't really fit the theme of something named Undertaker.

Undertaker would fit a "darker" theme better, with maybe black/dark purple colors.

But this is your park, and you can do what you want with it

Keep up the great work!

This ride is perfect for the park. While it's a little tiny, it fits into the terrain great and looks cool too! While the name is so dark, the track or cars really don't give the feeling of "Undertaker". It's more like a Goliath look. Anyways, still good.

You said that you originally had put in a Mr. Freeze clone, but took it out. Why? If you have any shots of that or what it looked like before you took it out that'd be cool to see.

Nice work...keep it up.

WHt also makes me curious about this coaster is the fact that it is 'different' it will make this park even more interesting. Parks are never popular through just success (though I am not calling this a failure.) I like the fact this is not a cookie cutter B&M.

Question though: Are those overbanks counted as inversions? If so then this is a 4 inversion coaster, if not... only 2...

Still cool.

The only issue I have with this coaster is the name is... unsettling... I'm suprised the staff of SFSC and SFI decided to continue with the original name instead of opting for a less biased, controversial name... (Banshee would had been awesome!

What video effect was at 1:57? That looks like a real video shot by a bystander!

Overall cool ride. I like the Six Flags vibe that's being produced by this park. After following this park since Page 1, it turns out I'm sort of liking this Six Flags South Carolina more than Charleston Gardens! Good job from keeping this from being a "cookie-cutter Six Flags RCT park".

20th Season

If you haven't heard by now, Six Flags has been bought by a group called Premier Parks. This will surely make things interesting in the future. But more importantly, Undertaker will open next weekend! The park has already opened for the season, so I was able to get some great shots of the ride.

You can definitely tell the skyline has changed at Six Flags South Carolina!

Most of Undertaker's twisted layout is located next to Thunder River.

The ride's bright color scheme really makes it stand out.

Riders will experience one final pop of airtime on this hill before returning to the station.

The train is running in the opposite direction this season to give riders a better view of Undertaker.

The path which runs from the lower level of the park to the upper level has been widened.

I can't wait to ride it! I'll see you next weekend!

- Joe

^ Agreed.

I think if the beginning had dropped towards the raft ride, and had a turnaround element back, that would have been cool.

I do like the color scheme, as it's very Six Flags/B&M during that time frame.

Still one of the best park threads. Especially since it's always being updated!

20th Season

Undertaker opened today, and after waiting an hour to ride, I can say it was well worth the ride!

The ride begins with a straight climb to the 120 foot mark. It's only 5 feet shorter than Derecho! You quickly gain some speed as you make a 270 degree turn after the lift. The first drop is only about 75 feet - you don't drop all the way to the ground... yet. The train speeds into the first immelman turn, and the train then drops 100 feet as it exits that loop. You gotta love terrain coasters!

The train speeds through a short section of straight track as it speeds through a vertical loop. The train then heads into somewhat of a rollover element. The train then passes through the vertical loop before plunging to the left. Once again you're hugging the ground for a split second before you glide over the midway towards the MCBR. Sitting in the back provides some great air on the drop immediately following. The train is sent through a corkscrew element before heading through the final turnaround segment, which includes a pop of airtime!

Before you know it, the ride is over! It's a short ride, but a lot of fun as well.

Arriving at the park later in the day did help - I heard the line was 3-4 hours long at opening!

The ride has a perfect lakeside setting.

It's true - there isn't a floor!

The first drop isn't the biggest!

The immelman turn gives a unique sensation!

Now this is the biggest drop!

The now smaller former Gully Gulch Grill patio gives a great view of Undertaker.

More twists and turns - a lot is packed into this small area!

I'll have some more photos of Undertaker tomorrow!

- Joe

20th Season

The park's been open for a couple of weeks now and the guests seem to be liking Undertaker!

I see Undertaker!

Roadrunner Express is still the smallest coaster in the park! I don't know if that will ever change.

That's a tight turn!

First drop.

Let's not forget about Batman!

- Joe