TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags South Carolina 1975-Today [RCT3]

15th Season

We're approaching the hot months of July. This is usually the time that the park is at its peak... the lines are long as are the days. Unfortunately that's no longer the case.

- Joseph Reynolds

16405715851_e9f1bafdf7_o.jpg

Gardenhill Pass and Derecho.

16221558237_605c1f3399_o.jpg

The "steel skyline" of Charleston Gardens Amusement Park.

16405715791_6de1f2ce69_o.jpg

Millipede, the park's newest coaster.

16221558217_eab7e4753d_o.jpg

To me, the Emerald Bay area represents the potential the park has... now it's just time someone take advantage of it.

16221558197_e40024ab8d_o.jpg

Have a nice day.

Edited by coasterdude5

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't want to see Derecho go at all, but if depending on guest interest in the ride, it may sadly benefit the park to have it removed. I have no clue how profitable the ride is. If it is the most profitable ride, by all means, it should stay. If not, well, its destiny is up the the park's creator.

First, been watching the entire time and I love the park. I want to see it go on and I really hope that it does.

A large attraction is needed in this park becuase the last "big" coaster was Vulture and that was how long ago? I would have to say that an Arrow along the lines of Orient Express or Loch Ness Monster would help the park. Something with a "first" for that time. (Interlocled loops with the two above). A hyper would help but I think that since you only have one inversion in the park (Heatwave) you need more.

That's my two cents (eventhough it is probable worthless).

Something like loch ness I'd see work perfectly in this park tbh, its just if the park is in a financial troublesome time its a very large investement to commit to not knowing the park is still popular enough to keep it going even with the coaster. If you'd build an arrow looper in these lines I suggest giving it a very specific theme like an asian or medieval theme that only includes the coaster and can be added on later with a flat or 2 and maybe a restaurant...

For the waterpark I'd say wait a few years because I think the really cool waterslides are just invented recently so I'd wait for the really awesome toilet bowls and giga tubes and all those cool things...

15th Season

It's August 1st and before you know it the schools will be in session once again. The deadline is quickly approaching for the park to be sold and so far we have not heard of any serious developments. The park is running out of time.

- Joseph Reynolds

15784993824_3551c5dcd1_o.jpg

I'm hoping that an owner is waiting for the park to close before making a formal announcement.

16221253329_64b7421ceb_o.jpg

A tremendous amount of hard work and dedication has gone into establishing this park. I would hate to see it all go to waste.

16407473065_00c31a8032_o.jpg

But I suppose all good things must eventually come to an end.

Only time will tell...

Edited by coasterdude5

^ Really? A woodie is the same as a Arrow looper?

Not at all. Read my post again...

(To save you the time, I said an early Arrow hyper would provide pretty much the same experience that Derecho does.)

I really don't want this park to close but hopefully it will be sold to Premier or Paramount. Six Flags would butcher it.

Premier WAS Six Flags...

I'm still sticking by having the park bought out by either Herschend or Busch as both companies are perfect for a park like this. Eitehr that or another fictional company.

So really what is going on with this park? Are you "selling" it because you are wanting to move on or is it just a plot twist? I agree with ^^, thank you for the aerial picture. Nice to see the whole thing without being able to play RCT3 it is much appreciated.

15th Season

Today is September 15th, 1989. Our problems with the park have taken a backseat to the development of Hurricane Hugo, a newly-formed category 4 hurricane. While there is still some uncertainty with the storm, as of right now South Carolina could take a direct hit in a worst case scenario.

Please keep up in your thoughts. The park will still open this weekend.

- Joseph Reynolds

16221558007_7233b6115f_o.jpg

The birds are flying in from the west... not a good sign.

Edited by coasterdude5

15th Season

Today is September 18th, 1989. It seems unlikely that the South Carolina coast will miss a hit from Hurricane Hugo. Residents are now beginning to evacuate the area. My family has luckily already moved to Ohio, I was to remain here until the park until the park closed for the season, but I am clearing my office out now and taking a flight to Ohio tonight.

Funtime Parks, Inc. has done little to protect the park's structures from the Category 4 storm. FPI has not told us whether or not the park has invested in hurricane insurance. There's no telling how this will end.

If you are in Hugo's path, I pray you move inland. It has been an honor to work in the area for so long and I have grown attached to the people and the culture here. I wish this area all the best in the future. Hopefully I will be able to return someday to a prospering Charleston Gardens Amusement Park.

Goodbye my friends.

- Joseph Reynolds

16381489476_1e01dfb162_o.jpg

One last overview of Charleston Gardens Amusement Park...

Edited by coasterdude5