TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coney Island Cincinnati

I am planning to go on a small trip to the midwest this year. We will be going to KI and then some other stuff west of that, so Coney Island is really close. I like small old parks a lot, and was wondering if it was worth going to. I know a lot of TPR members went there in 2007, and I think a few TPR members work there.

On their website here it says all day ride braclets are $11.95 and parking is $7. Does anyone know if you can just buy individual ride tickets? I would like to just ride the Pinfari P.O.S. and run, so if anyone knows, thanks. Also, is there anything else there worth riding that would make the 12 bucks worthwhile?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris - I went there on my own and found the $12 a reasonable price. They have some well run flats (Tempest, an Round-Up, Scrambler, Rock-o-Plane, a powerful Drop Tower). Ride all those and the Pinfari twice and it is about $1.00 per ride when averaged out. A good deal if you enjoy spinning rides.

It sure beats the hell of paying $5 at some places just to ride a kiddie coaster.

If you are a "Credit Whore" and you plan it right, you could schedule your trip to include not only Kings Island, but add an extra day where you can Hit Wonderland Park in one of the malls down there, Stricker's Grove (open 3 times a year to the public) and Coney Island. Those 3 parks I would say are built within a 1.5 hour radius.

If you come in August, theres also the Ohio State Fair and "Zoombezi Bay" at the Columbus Zoo which has a classic wood coaster.

After working at Coney for 3 years (and loving it), I can say that it's a great park for the $12 value (and I'm not just saying that to bait you there). Our Pinfari POS has some great airtime in the 3rd row (far back as you can sit since we don't let anyone in the last one). We also have a bunch of cool flats like a variety of spinning rides, a small but fun Moser Drop ride, and the a viking ship that we got last year from Wild West World. Not to mention we have awesome bumper cars.

So yeah, come to Coney. For a little unpopular park, its pretty cool.

If you are a "Credit Whore" and you plan it right, you could schedule your trip to include not only Kings Island, but add an extra day where you can Hit Wonderland Park in one of the malls down there, Stricker's Grove (open 3 times a year to the public) and Coney Island. Those 3 parks I would say are built within a 1.5 hour radius.

If you come in August, theres also the Ohio State Fair and "Zoombezi Bay" at the Columbus Zoo which has a classic wood coaster.

Wonderpark is no longer open.

Thanks a lot for the advice everyone. It sounds like it's a place worth stoping by, hopefully we will have the $$ to spend when the time comes.

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand this sentence. What has a classic wood coaster? The state fair, the Columbus Zoo, or Zoombezi Bay? I'm very interested in riding it wherever it is. And we are going in August, so the fair is a possibility.

Thanks again for the advice!

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand this sentence. What has a classic wood coaster? The state fair, the Columbus Zoo, or Zoombezi Bay? I'm very interested in riding it wherever it is. And we are going in August, so the fair is a possibility.

to confuse you even more, here's the coaster on the RCDB which says it's at “Jungle Jack's Landing” — but Jungle Jack's Landing, Zoombezi Bay, and The Colombus Zoo are all apparently sort of basically the same thing!

to confuse you even more, here's the coaster on the RCDB which says it's at “Jungle Jack's Landing” — but Jungle Jack's Landing, Zoombezi Bay, and The Colombus Zoo are all apparently sort of basically the same thing!

Not exactly the same thing.

Jungle Jack's is the ride area

Columbus Zoo is the animal area/zoo

Zoombezi Bay is the water park

Although there are all at the same location and use the same parking lot, I believe they have different entrance fees.

LOL! Sorry about my problems with advice there! I guess I was trying to hurry.

I had no Idea that Wonderpark closed

Yes, the "Sea Dragon" is a 1950's John Allen Wood Coaster, and sadly the "oldest" running wood coaster in the state of Ohio now. It is in the "Jungle Jack's Landing" area of the Columbus Zoo which is also open to the waterpark known as Zoombezi Bay. The waterpark and Jungle Jacks Landing is owned by the Columbus Zoo and was formally known as Wyandot Lake prior to a heavy refurbishment.

The Ohio State Fair usually has 2 major coasters: a Crazy Mouse and Avalanche: a Pinfari Zyklon (which once ran at both Geauga Lake and Holiday World)

Sea Dragon is fun. I got it last October. They never clearly advertise Jungle Jack's Landing but the property does consist of the Columbus Zoo, Zoombezi Bay Water Park and Jungle Jack's Landing, the Ride Area all together.

Does Jungle Jack's have free admission? I was considering stopping there if I go to King's Island this summer.

There looks to be a new entry plaza with the Zoo straight ahead and you could walk to your left to Jungle Jack's Landing and Zoombezi Bay. That seems free access. In this new entry plaza I think you could buy tickets but I bought a wristband for riding. I think it was $16. It was a good deal since I got at least 3 cycles on Sea Dragon and rode about 3-4 other flats. It was tough to decipher the 2008 operating schedule for the dry rides since they talked about/advertise the water park so much. It's an issue of website navigation for all the Columbus Zoo's properties. They have it three tiered with Columbus Zoo or Zoombezi Bay or their golf complex. They should have it in four tiers to include Jungle Jack's Landing. I did eventually find they operated up to Halloween for the dry rides when I was in town late October to see my sister and attend a Penn State Ohio State football game.

It looks like it's supposed to be a tucked in/integrated section of the zoo though it's entry is just outside the main gate of the zoo. Under guest information at the Columbus Zoo site you can find JLL info. Looks like in 2009 ride cards will be suspended. Wristbands will only be sold at $6 each.

Last year, they charged you zoo admission to even get through the gate which was $10. Then you could go over to the ride section and buy a wristband or buy individual tickets. (The main zoo area also has a Carousel, a River ride *not to be mistaken by the flume up front*, and a Train)

Your full $29.99 Zoombezi Bay admission covers the zoo as well.

I haven't looked at how the pricing structure will be set up this year, but I would expect some changes.

It was also $5 to park.

Don't forget to check Strickers Grove schedule. They have 2 built-in-house wood coasters.

Last year, they charged you zoo admission to even get through the gate which was $10. Then you could go over to the ride section and buy a wristband or buy individual tickets. (The main zoo area also has a Carousel, a River ride *not to be mistaken by the flume up front*, and a Train)

Your full $29.99 Zoombezi Bay admission covers the zoo as well.

I haven't looked at how the pricing structure will be set up this year, but I would expect some changes.

It was also $5 to park.

Don't forget to check Strickers Grove schedule. They have 2 built-in-house wood coasters.

Speaking of Strikers Grove, what's the deal with that place? Can you somehow get in on days it's not open to the public?

Here is their August Date directly from their website:

Sunday, August 9th 2009

Family Day, OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!

$12 per person

Kids 2 and under are free

Includes: All rides, roller coasters, free parking and soft drinks

Park Hours: 1pm - 9pm

Ride Hours: 2pm - 5pm and 6pm - 9pm (Rides close 1 hour for dinner)

Wood dragon, what is your itinerary looking like?

• 2 months later...

This is a really good topic and I need some info on these parks.

What I've found out so far is that Jungle Jack's is $6 for an all day wristband and if you go to the waterpark, it's $29.99 which includes rides and zoo. It's $5 to park. When I called up the park they said that they're waiting on parts for Sea Dragon, so right now it's not operating. I asked if it would be open in two weeks and they transfered me to the head of maintenance and he wasn't there.

I'm trying to figure out a two day trip to the King's Island area. The second day of our trip would be at King's Island with a lunch break outside of the park and a quick run to Coney Island. The first day is up in the air. My two options are:

1) Jungle Jack's (and waterpark) and Camden Park

2) Fun Fore All, Wisp Resort, and Camden Park

If anyone knows about buying ride tickets at Coney Island, that would be great. Worst case I'm stuck paying $12 for two rides on the coaster. Lastly, if anybody who lives near Jungle Jack's has any information about Sea Dragon that would help a lot.