TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Custom computers?

Rct3man777

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know where you are, but here in Camarillo CA we have All-City Computers. That's where I got mine in July 2007. Their computers have a local reputation of lasting for many years beyond what an "off-the-shelf" system does. Check 'em out here.

I've been happy with my computer. Basically, it has an Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 2GB of RAM, 160GB hard drive, a bunch of USB ports, a high end video card (for CAD applications), one CD/DVD read/write drive (all that in one drive!), and a mouse and keyboard. We didn't get a new monitor because our previous 17" CRT worked just fine, though we're looking at a 20-24" wide screen flat panel to replace it.

My system cost about $1400. Hope I've helped.

Eric

Build your own? Honestly it's quite easy and maximizes the potential of the computer for your needs. But I would suggest that you have some knowledge of computers because if you cause a problem, you have to fix it. Or take it into Geek Squad.

There was PC Club but they closed.

When All City built my computer, they installed Windows XP Professional. Odd, I thought, since Vista had been out awhile even at that time. But I figured they weren't exactly fans of Vista, so they stuck with the tried and true. That's OK with me. Windows XP works just fine and I have no complaints.

Eric