TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Saw - The Ride (Media Day) 12-03-2009

Here's an email I've received from Thorpe Park that might be of interest to those who were left disappointed on the 12th.

Hi Coaster Enthusiast,

On behalf of THORPE PARK I would like to apologise for any disappointment that you may have experienced on Thursday 12th March when you were invited to the Park for a Coaster Club preview of SAW – The Ride.

Unfortunately the rollercoaster was experiencing teething problems, as can happen with new rides, and the Park have had Gerstlauer on site to rectify the problems that have incurred since they installed the ride. As a result we did not open SAW – The Ride that day and also cancelled our media event in the morning.

As an official spokesperson for THORPE PARK for the launch of SAW – The Ride, Andy Hine was present to explain the situation to you and to let you know that Colossus and Rush would open for you to enjoy.

Everything was being done at the time to get SAW – The Ride up and running for you and due to the efforts of the Park staff to reopen the rollercoaster, the area around it had to be closed.

If you could please pass this email and our apologies on to the fellow enthusiasts that you invited to the event from your coaster club, I would be very grateful.

Sarah Morris

PR Executive

THORPE PARK

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally getting round to becoming 'poster' rather than 'lurker' here!!

I didn't register that was Andy Hine is the sparkly jacket either. It was quite...erm...interesting.

Great pics by the way, shame the ride wasn't working on the day, but I have managed about 6 rides since then and am very impressed.