TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Custom models of Sheikra, TTD, Insane and now Manta!

I'm not trying to sound stupid or nothing saying this, but it was probably some stupid teenager who thinks there all cool and tough and smashed it because they saw it in the car and thought, "Hmm, I want to smash something oh look theres something."

I hate my generation.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not trying to sound stupid or nothing saying this, but it was probably some stupid teenager who thinks there all cool and tough and smashed it because they saw it in the car and thought, "Hmm, I want to smash something oh look theres something."

I hate my generation.

Doubt it, Probably some older thug that wanted to jack into his car and get some free crap. Not many 15 year olds have the balls to do that.

At this point only the tapes will tell, and I hope that I parked within the cameras view so that we can see what happened. Anyways, thanks for keeping up with this project, I guess this minor detour will only allow me to make the project better. I have reassembled most of the supports and have the track hanging in place to be mounted tomorrow. Over four hours to replace the damage, but now I have the supports more accurate! Prior to the break, the supports ran completely vertical and now they will run at a slight angle inwards, more characteristic of the real coaster. Expect an update with incomplete paint on everything, but a completed model soon. Thanks again!

That sucks someone broke into your car, but it's good to know your still working on it. You would be good for the job, and you seem persistent and ambitious, so you will be going up the chain in no time. I cant wait to see insane when its finished, happy building.

This is awful.

I had something similar happen to me not too long ago, but it involved my parents and brochures.

I wish you the best of luck trying to get your model back together. I can't wait to see the repaired Insane model and your new one soon.

The time has come and it is one of my favorite times, the official release of my model!

This model was started approximately in the middle of March and took until just now to complete, keep in mind I took a month or so off for finals and summer classes. This model is by far my best IMO and I think it is the most accurate one I have made to date.

The model stands about 14 inches in height and close to 18 inches in length, has 1500 sticks (Intamin 4 rail style), 80 feet in solid copper wiring and almost a full poster board to create the train, buildings etc.

A couple errors I know I made are that the track is not that close between the MCBR and the final break run and also that the buildings are not 100% accurate. In regards to the closeness of the track, it is an accident I did not mean to happen and tried my best to avoid happening, sorry. In regards to the buildings, there really was no pictures for me to base my buildings off of so I kind of just "guessed" what I thought they would look like based on what I saw, but you didn't hear me say that. Also, the buildings opposite the loading side connect to a much larger building that I can not and could not create, again I am sorry.

I want to thank everyone for following this project in addition to all the other ones I am working (worked) on. Thanks for all the comments, critiques and ideas, I cannot wait to start my next......B&M....project. Excuse me, the future projects should be cool and if I can figure it out, working.

So please, without further a due, I present to you my hand made model of TELE2 INSANE!!!

100_0159.JPG.8132bb3872644d66b27aad6b5090050d.JPG

VIOLA! The view from the front! The windows are crooked, the doors are funny and the coaster looks sweet! Thanks for following this project!

100_0158.JPG.2945c59bd7f0a0bcba470d772fbd9e65.JPG

The view from the back? I am not sure that it has a back, but this is the side with NO pictures that connects to a building. I made up my buildings

100_0155.JPG.467938bdb0cc0c134550af775efacb6d.JPG

The train minus restraints, I don't really know what to do for them.

100_0154.JPG.7677920ce3f8f244abdecd1b67c37e3e.JPG

I couldn't make the body of water it actually lies on, but I did my best. I think in real life that first drop would be crazy over the water.

100_0153.JPG.d126a9b991db06eb9f8232ec8003c74b.JPG

Glare...lame. But it shows off the layout, the lift and the train at the end! Watch out!

100_0152.JPG.3d427c53f88930fa55e72239bb9eb87f.JPG

I think it is pretty accurate, what do you think?

100_0151.JPG.6b4f67f62436639b927c9df13aa31958.JPG

I am quite proud of my work.

• 3 weeks later...

I am now working on TTD and I have a question to ask. I have it all painted, built and ready to rock, it is now just decor that I have to build. The catwalks on the main tower, on each of the 8 levels, in addition to the elevator system, how necessary are they to build on my model? I don't really know how to make them look nice without making the model cluttered looking.

The elevator system is made of tiny pipes, of which I don't know how to get that detailed, and then the catwalks have similarly tiny pipes as railings. Moral of the story, I do not know what to do and am favoring just omitting them from the model. I would put the catwalk on top of the tower but that would be the only one.

What do you guys think?

I don't know if you have lost interest in these or not, but I need some help here in deciding whats next. I have already pretty much decided in my mind that this will be a B&M invert, but there are so many to chose from!

I am looking for one with a smaller footprint, preferably where I can fit the base out of a door way haha. I am also looking for one that is thrilling, has nice aesthetics and would be fun to build. So far I have glanced at Talon at Dorney, Afterburn at Carowinds and the standard Batman coaster. Each have pros and cons to them, but I would like everyones opinion on what they think I should do.

Do I do Talon because it is well colored and relatively easier, or do I do Afterburn because it has a better layout? Batmans would be fun, but I don't know if I would have as much fun with those as I would another custom invert.

There are so many inverts out there, let me know what you want to see! I promise there is a concluding TTD update coming up soon too.

I dont know if this is too hard, but what about Mirabilandia's Katun? The tunnels do not really need to be added, but the layout is somewhat similar to batmans(same inversions in besides the cobra roll.) The coaster is fairly unique, but could be pulled off pretty well. It will also allow you to try a helix and a cobra roll.

Anyway, just my opinion of a cool looking coaster to recreate.

Here is a pov from youtube

I would agree that that is an awesome coaster, but then my concern with Katun is its massive footprint. From looking at google earth on mirabilandia, I just remember it being a very drawn out coaster and not very compact. Again my primary concern is the doorway I will have to remove it from eventually. I kind of put Katun in the larger invert category along with Montu, Alpey and Raptor whereas I am looking for the smaller (MCBR-less) inverts like Silver Bullet, Talon and Afterburn.

True, I found a larger image and it does look very drawn out. I would say go with afterburn. Just out of pure curiosity, how would you make a zero g roll look correctly in a model, it seems considerably more complicated than a loop or corkscrew.

Ghost- I will be trying something new with this model and instead of using sheets of balsa wood like I did for SheiKra, I will be using styrene. Matt (mcjaco) turned me on to it and I actually got a sample from the company to see if it is what I am looking for. I will use a heat gun to bend the plastic into the shape I want it to be, which should let me get a pretty accurate zgr. Why would you say go with afterburn?

Belgian- The would be awesome, but there are a couple issues I would have with that coaster. For one, its half above ground and half beneath ground meaning I would need a HUGE base board of styrofoam to carve out all the tunnels. For two, I just don't think there is the digital media needed to build it. All the other models I have hundreds of thousands of pictures of the track along with POV's, off rides and other videos. If I could figure out how to do it, it would be an awesome coaster but realistically I don't see that one happening.

rckrazy- Patriot is definitely one I am considering. Again though it is built on a hill so I would have to use styrofoam as a base and shape it as needed, but it wouldn't be anything too substantial. A positive though, I have ridden it and have my own pictures which would significantly help in the building. I haven't looked into Great Bear that much but from the pictures I have seen it seems fairly long and to run in and out of other rides and coasters. Flight deck, relatively small layout? I am not sure.

• 3 weeks later...

Top Thrill Dragster... is COMPLETE! This model was started over a year ago after I completed SheiKra, and I ran out of time to finish it after departing for freshman year, exactly one year ago. It sat dormant until about a month ago when I decided to knock it out, once and for all.

The model stands about three feet tall and is a about four and a half feet long. I know that it isn't the exact dimensions of the ride, but it was a rather quick project and it still gets the point across. Like Insane, there is about 6000 sticks and about 80 feet of wiring.

It didn't take un godly long to make it but it still took awhile, and though it is not my favorite model by any means, I am still very proud of my work and hope you enjoy it as well. No one really said much about Insane, so I hope you still are enjoying this as much as I am.

So, now that I have closed the deal on all three of the projects it is time to begin my next project. I know that I spoke earlier about doing a beemer inverted coaster, but after visiting Freestyle and riding Time Machine, I realized that I would rather build a model of a coaster that I have ridden. SO---If you have any form of NL file, CADD file or any official Time Machine (Led Zeppelin more than likely), please please please send them to me!

Without further adue, I present to you TOP THRILL DRAGSTER!

1.jpg.2a28dda5542c12a51d01c32cde403991.jpg

No it is a truly happy family! There are so many hours put into those three things, but it was worth it all.

2.jpg.ef47ccdcadfca8508bf4f39a2a042675.jpg

One big happy family. er wait, there was a bitter divorice wasn't there?

8.jpg.38234162289fbf55136a5c06acb9a855.jpg

Such an exciting layout!

7.jpg.0cfba6056e9d190edb53295ba4b4f548.jpg

Cool shot from the base of the tower

6.jpg.f30c3c00ccf774f89732361f65a1d85e.jpg

I also bailed on the queue in favor of the much easier and less time consuming logo.

5.jpg.4abe7c63c4f30f814d5c50ab7c18d412.jpg

The Station. Though it is not the exact thing and I didn't build the unload, I still think it gets the point across.

4.jpg.b2dbd9d5694484cd97cf74230a98fa61.jpg

From the top looking all the long way back to the station.

3.jpg.19851662e443633b912100d514f45a4d.jpg

Top thrill dragster in all its 3 foot glory.

All three of those models are astounding. I'm glad you finished these first few, and I can't wait to see what all coasters you continue to recreate in the future.

Great work, and thanks for sharing, Jordan!

• 1 month later...