TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's 2009 Trips Update Thread!

Hey everyone!

This is a thread I've wanted to do for the last couple of years' TPR trips, but I just never got around to doing it. Basically, the point of this thread is to keep you updated on what's happening with this year's round of TPR Trips.

We will keep you informed on:

- How many spots open for each trip (based on recent drops/adds/etc)

- When ERT is announced

- Any special perks we will be getting at parks, etc.

- Any additional information to share with you.

The only thing I ask is please do not ask questions like "What are you getting at park X?" or "Is it possible to join you guys at Park X?"

Please keep in mind that these perks are for TRIP PARTICIPANTS ONLY!

There is always a possibility we will open up one or two days on a trip to other TPR members, but PLEASE, wait for that announcement to happen!

Ok, here is the breakdown -

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spots Remaining on TPR's 2009 Trips:

Scandinavia - 4 Spots Open

Deep South - 1 Spot Open

Texas - 12 Spots Open

West Coast - 6 Spots Open

Un-official Shanghai (email us about this trip)

All trip flyers can be downloaded HERE!

If you would like to join a TPR trip that has spots open, please EMAIL Elissa or myself immediately! And remember, we can make payment arrangements to help you out. Elissa: emeridithw2@aol.com Robb: robbalvey@aol.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ERT and other cool stuff -

Scandinavia -

- Power Park - 1 hour of evening ERT on Thunderbird

- Faarup Sommerland - 1 hour of ERT on Falken & Lynet

Deep South -

- Alabama Adventure - 1 hour of night ERT on Rampage

Texas - To be announced soon!

West Coast - To be announced soon!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ERT on Thunderbird at Power Park!

For those of you on the Scandi trip, you can look forward to an hour of GCI goodness on Thunderbird! For those of you NOT on the trip...sign up now! Email Elissa or I if you are interested.

Check out Thunderbird -

Can't wait!

--Robb

Yay for Thunderbird ERT!! I'm sure looking forward to this one. Thanks for sharing the good news Robb.

How are any spots left open for Scandinavia?! Wow, I know the economy's crap right now, but still... This is not a trip to be missed. I could lose my job tomorrow and I'd still find a way to make it happen somehow. Ya do what ya gotta do, right? (Hold up a bank, start a Ponzi scheme, sell corporate secrets, blackmail the mafia...) Where there's a will...

ERT on Thunderbird at Power Park!

For those of you on the Scandi trip, you can look forward to an hour of GCI goodness on Thunderbird! For those of you NOT on the trip...sign up now! Email Elissa or I if you are interested.

Check out Thunderbird -

Can't wait!

--Robb

that's just cruel! i'd love to be able to go on one of these trips, but the only one which looks like it may still even be a possibility is Texas, and that's only really the slimmest of the slimmest of the slimmest possibilities (basically, as impossible as it could be while still being possible, if that makes any sense!) — i hate being broke! but, yeah: Thunderbird looks so incredibly awesome, and i'll probably never have a chance to ride it (especially not with ERT!)

I'm sure this announcement is just the first of many to come! I cannot recommend the trips enough!!!

If you're interested in going but concerned about the finances, it is still worthwhile for you to contact Robb and Elissa. They might be able to work something out!

I am going to my first Theme Park Review Travel to West Coast, and I am waiting for the details of the extras preparing to enjoy before and during the travel. How many people will be going in the group?

This year we have limited each trip to only 50 people.

--Robb

I am going to my first Theme Park Review Travel to West Coast, and I am waiting for the details of the extras preparing to enjoy before and during the travel. How many people will be going in the group?

This year we have limited each trip to only 50 people.

--Robb

Sooo that means just one of those amazing TPR busses/coaches, right? You always do a great job booking those things...they look amazing!

Sooo that means just one of those amazing TPR busses/coaches, right? You always do a great job booking those things...they look amazing!

A senior citizens' sightseeing bus is a senior citizens' sightseeing bus. Unless, of course, you're talking about the VIP coach some of us had last year in Europe. Now that was traveling in style. We had to pull the shades so the people on the other bus wouldn't get jealous.

Out of curiousity since I'm not on the Deep South trip (wait why is it called "Deep" South again?) and since I couldn't find it listed on the flyer, is Ghost Town in the Sky included? Since it is looking dire again for this park, that might be incentive for others to sign up for this trip.

Also IKEA enthusiasts might be interested to know that the Scandi trip includes a stop at the world's largest IKEA store. I do need some new curtains...maybe I can do some shopping!

Out of curiousity since I'm not on the Deep South trip (wait why is it called "Deep" South again?) and since I couldn't find it listed on the flyer, is Ghost Town in the Sky included? Since it is looking dire again for this park, that might be incentive for others to sign up for this trip.

If we can confirm the coaster will be open, we will most likely add it. If not, I'm not sure we can justify going there as it would eat into our already limited time in Pigeon Forge.

I've been on contact with the park and we will see!

--Robb