TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

WTF is it?

a Cinema Verite camera.. I'll be back in five with more.

I'll give it to you. It is the camera body of the camera that made the Cinema Verite movement possible. The camera is called the Eclair NPR, NPR is an acronym for Noiseless Portable Reflex. It was the first portable 16mm motion picture camera that ran quiet enough on it's own to record sync sound without camera noise. All portable 16mm cameras before then ran too loud to record sound at the same time. (Yes there were 16mm sync sound cameras before the NPR, but those required heavy covers called barneys which muffled the camera noise. The NPR was the first not to require a barney.)

The picture I posted is just the camera's body, both the film magazine and the lens was removed.

Here is a photo of an Eclair NPR with the lens and magazine attached:

And if you are interested in the Cinema Verite movement here is a Wiki on it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinema_verite

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably will be banned but that wont change anything. I still never typed that myself and never would have. You can all think what you want I know that I'm in no was a sex abuser I never have been in the 14 years of my life and i never will be. How it got added to my post is beyond me. If i am banned than i still want everyone to know the truth which i swear by the right hand of God. Believe what you want just know what actually happened. I think my account might be getting hacked look what it says next to my username. It says the same thing thats on the post. I think my account might be getting hacked and i did not know that next to your name it could say anything besides something about donkeys.