TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Sahara Sam's Oasis Indoor Water Park

I was there on apr 16,09. bought tix online which was a waste. Thought we could get right in but found out we had to wait in line to check in. It took them half hour to get us in and we were only 10th family in line. Meanwhile people who did not buy online bought tix and were in well before us. They were very slow checking us in and one line for this.

NEXT was the food line, WOW very long and most of the working in the food place do not know what they are doing. How do you run out of turkey at 1230pm? They were extremely slow.

Beside these 2 bumps, everything else was good, we went spring break so it was crowded but not over crowded. Very nice, looking to do it again.

hopefully they work out these bugs.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh also the locker tags they put on your wrist need to be better. the tag fell off on the first ride. ripped very easy, i saw alot of tags floating in the water.

I work at Sahara Sam's. For the most part, we've gotten a new locker key system every weekend since we have opened. Our latest incarnation are on stronger plastic wristbands that are secured better and shouldn't fall off.

^I'm not the only TPRer that works at Sahara Sam's What area do you work at? My name is Matt & I work at the arcade desk. Welcome to TPR!

Hey, I work with you. I'm the original and better Kevin! (Yeah, that's not egotistical )

But in all seriousness, it's me. I actually found this site a while ago, back when we had orientation. I Googled around looking to see what other people were saying about Sahara Sam's. I just decided to poke my head in the door and post something today.

Hey Kevin! Two TPRers that work together Yes I've been spreading the word about Sahara Sam's & we have some good feedback as you can see. In case your wondering why I am on this site it is because I am an all out roller coaster dork! I've been on this site for over two years & it has been time well spent.

DISAPPOINTED....This park is very beautiful and fun, but I would NOT suggest having a birthday party there especially during a time when economic value and customer service should be a priority. My husband and I paid nearly $600.00 for a party for our son(AGE 4) for 17 children. PARENTS were not allowed to go in and accompany their young child unless they were counted as one of the 17 guests. The wrist bands to get in the waterpark were only ONE color so the children in the party had to WAIT to go on rides while they were being held to STRICT time constraints. There is ONE party host who is supposed to be everywhere at once gathering and directing guests, ushering guests to front of lines, addressing host and guest concerns etc. There was not a large enough area for adults and non-waterpark guests to hang out together while "waterpark" phase of party was going on. My son got kicked out of his party room before he was able to open his gifts because of strict time constraints! Then to top it off we were asked to pay an additional $12 for a PARENT spectator!

^Sounds like they should have given you a better time table and instructions as to what your expectations should be.

However, I'm not sure what you mean by paying to be a spectator? Did they have an area where they check wristbands and you couldn’t go past that point if you didn’t have one? Did they say that parents had to wait in a room outside the water park building until the kids are done playing? Or you mean by parents being allowed to go into the water with there kids?

There were a few parents of children (age 4) that wanted to be physically present with their child in the water park and not go swimming. What responsible parent would allow their little one to roam around in a water park alone? These parents were expected to take a wristband and be counted as a party guest or pay. Was the party host supposed to watch people's kids too? The place is massive, it is not feasable to expect host to take charge of the party and go around ushering 17 people to the head of the line. They made no additional allowances for a party with more than 10 kids. You would think they would have been grateful for our business and the exposure of new people to their NEW park. Many of our guests drove an hour and half to get there from philadelphia and beyond.

Parents of 4 to 6 year olds that are invited to a bday party are different than "infants in an amusement park". This is not a relevant comparison. There should be an allowance or at least a discount in a "Birthday Party Package" for the children's parents to come in and supervise their child...come on? Should the party host be expected to pay full admission price for 17 kids and their 17 parents?

^I can understand your problem with this situation. From a customer service standpoint, the park should have 'righted' the situation for your group and provide observer access. For $600, their priority is you. However, I do feel that the park is right in charging each person to enter.

As teacups mentioned before, everybody pays to enter a park, even if you are having a birthday party. I (in the minority on this site I KNOW) do not like Disneyland, but I still have to pay when I accompany younger family members to the park. I'm there for them, just supervising, but I'm still out 70 dollars.

I feel the waterpark should be more clear in their policies for Birthday guests, but I dont think they are wrong in charging each guest for entrance. I understand the safety of your 4 year old, but you are 1 person in a limited capacity building. Each person pays their way. I am sorry to hear that you had that unfortunate situation.

Chris.

• 10 months later...