Where in the world are Robb & Elissa? Part III

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My random thoughts:

- Woohoo for another bag-o-crap!

- Awesome video. The quality was great!

- I'm glad the coaster finally turned right at the end.

- How was Saw?

- Joey, did you break out the skates at that rink?

- Now I'm wanting SFOG to turn a car around on theirs.

- Did Guy win?

- You guys are like the TPR Tiffany with that winter mall trip. Robb, you should re-edit that video to "I think we're alone now."

- You guys are like the TPR Tiffany with that winter mall trip. Robb, you should re-edit that video to "I think we're alone now."

We did actually consider adding on Lotte World and Cosmo's World for the ultimate "Malls around the World" trip!

--Robb

Is it just a Mirror Image of the Drier Looping/Magnum Force from Flamingoland,

No, this was MUCH bigger and far more intense. I'd been on Magnum Force and thought it was pretty good (still prefered Bullet, though), but this ride blew us away...especially backwards!

--Robb

Yeah I have to agree, Bullet was a far superior Adrenaline kick, I would however advise from riding one of the Weiner Loopings the morning after a heavy night on the beers.....I remember greying out on 2 rides back to back quite badly, only woke up when the operators prodded me!!!!

What a rush, its certainly the only ride thats ever happened to me on!

Andrew "hangover plus heavy g's not good" Shakespeare

- Joey, did you break out the skates at that rink?

I wish we had time! The mall was seriously so big, there was no way to squeeze everything in. I definitely do want to go back though!

Yup, there is even a full size water park at the mall where Candians can float around in Cheerios.

No, no... Canadians actually float around in donuts. Remember Rich at Canada's Wonderland?

Dan "I just searched for a half-hour for that photo and couldn't find it..." Smith

One thing Robb did you get to do the Cat walk tour? I did Edmonton Mall way to many years ago and That ride was just insane. Yes I did get to ride Mag. Force and Bullet, and Texas Tornado I have to say it's right under T. Tornado almost tied. Great TR.

It's really cool to see you guys visit a park that I take for granted.

The funny part is that you actually hit a warmish day here. Sunday and Monday this week was -30. It was -5 today and it was almost shorts weather. And of course we got another 4-5 inches of snow over the weekend so that made driving even more fun.

I agree the Mindbender is a really good ride but there is something in the transitions of a schwartzkopf that are really bad for head banging. Although i don't usually take shots to the head its usually in the neck, and that can sour you on a ride.

Ken

I just watched the Mindbender video and honestly thought that you two had been to Edmonton for that credit long ago. It looks like a great ride...too bad we'll never see anything like it here in the U.S., though the old Texas Tornado/Zonga/etc. was probably the closest.

Eric

Oh my. You saw it, but didn't ride it!? Solar Flare is INTENSE! There's a button on every seat that stops your car from flipping, or you can leave it sit, when you go over the top there is intense airtime, you can even hold your seat so that you're upside down at the bottom and right side up at the top, and the end cars are actually stand up seats! It's incredibly awesome!

I'm so glad you guys loved Mindbender, Galaxyland and the rest of WEM. The Waterpark is also completely awesome. I hope you guys enjoyed Galaxy Orbiter as well.

I'm happy your experience in Edmonton was a great one!

Mindbender blows Spongebob away...but then again they are VERY different rides and it's hard to compare. Seriously, Mindbender is just insane, intense, fast, surprising, awesome. Spongebob is a lot of fun, cute, and a really good starter upsidedown coaster for younger coaster people. I could ride Spongebob all day! I could only ride Mindbender like six times in a row and only once backwards!

As for the two spinners Fairly Odd Coaster/Timberland Twister BLOWS Orbiter away. Orbiter was just VERY odd. Almost like it wasn't designed right for that space or something. Some parts were super fast, some was very rough, it had three odd lifts, there was just something really weird about it. I thought it felt like they were trying to do more of a Mauer Sohne type spinner, but just failed at it.

Thanks, mindbender does look really cool, i'm not sure if I would ever go there though, since I live near six flags great America, and can just drive to MOA. Is it worth it to go to West Edmonton mall?

btw, the thing I liked about spongebob was the awesome drop.

^If you can afford it, I would highly recommend a weekend trip to the West Edmonton Mall.

It's pretty much it's own city...and has everything you need to keep yourself busy. There was so much stuff we didn't get to do that looked cool: the ice rink, waterpark, paintball arena, lazer tag, go karts, a haunted house, more shops than you could ever imagine, bowling, etc.