TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Boy and His Blob for Nintendo Wii Announced!

This looks fun, going back to the roots of side scrollers. I haven't played the original NES version, but this looks like an extreme update while hanging on to the classic game play. Is this a Wii-ware title or is this going to be sold via Walmart/Target/Best Buy/etc? I'll have to get this when it comes out, looks fun!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be? A game that actually makes me pick up my wii-mote and dust it off?

This will probably be the best Wii game to date!

Seriously what planet are you guys living on? Don't Metroid Prime, Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda, Animal Crossing, Guitar Hero etc. make you want to pick up and dust off your wii-motes?

I'm not knocking this game at all. I love cute, art house style visuals and the game will probably be a blast. Conrats to Robb to being involved in such a cool project.

Matt

That's one of the prettiest wii games I have seen in a while! They don't usually put enough effort into the graphics department on wii games for some reason. Tis quite a shame. And as if you weren't famous enough from this site now you're on the famed IGN! Go Robb!!!

Wow, this looks awesome! The original "A Boy and His Blob" was the first or second NES game I ever cleared.

I'm surprised they didn't update it for the new millennium and call it "A Boy and His Blog."

EDIT now that I've actually had time to read the article: Wow, Robb, I didn't realize you produced "Aladdin"! That was my sister's favorite Genesis game. I still remember how the apples Aladdin threw would split in half when thrown at the knife jugglers if they hit just right!

Congrats on your new product Robb. I'm curious, Is this a dan-approved due to the Jelly Bean angle?

Ok, someone was going to say it eventually, so I did it!! Anywho man, Thank you for remaking one of the better titles for the original NES!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a couple more interviews for A Boy and His Blob that feature yours truly:

Joystiq Magazine:

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/03/20/joystiq-interview-majesco-wayforward-spill-the-jelly-beans-on/

I love this bit on Joystiq:

" -- and managed to even talk producer Robb Alvey down off a roller coaster to join the conversation -- "

G4 TV:

http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/693838/Exclusive-Interview-WayForwards-Voldi-Way.html

And a couple new screens....

Looks like a cool game so far. I'll keep my eye on updates and such through here, ign, and wiki.

Could it be that they'll actually make a decent controller for the wii that works? sorry but the wii remote & nunchuck controller just DOESN'T cut it for most of the games on that system,although the wii wheel is nice for most racers like MK for instance.

Oh, I just saw this the other day and got all giddy. The art is VERY Wayforward, which makes sense since Wayforward is making it and etc. Congratulations, I'm really looking forward to this.

Oh, and dumb question: Did you have any association with the DS Boy and his Blob game that has since vaporized?

Looks like a cool game so far. I'll keep my eye on updates and such through here, ign, and wiki.

Could it be that they'll actually make a decent controller for the wii that works? sorry but the wii remote & nunchuck controller just DOESN'T cut it for most of the games on that system,although the wii wheel is nice for most racers like MK for instance.

Buy the classic controller then. In my opinion, it's a great and innovative controller that works very well. If you want to play it like every other console, then go buy/play an Xbox 360 or PS3.