TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

A Boy and His Blob for Nintendo Wii Announced!

Hey everyone!

It's not often I get to do this because games take so long to make but here goes!

A Boy and His Blob was announced today! So now you all can see what I've been working on in my "day job" for the past 8 months. Read the interview with yours truly and the rest of the Blob Team here:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/959/959250p1.html

And here are a few screen shots to get you excited!

In case you got distracted by the pretty pictures - READ THE INTERVIEW!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/959/959250p1.html

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be sure to check this game out. I never had the opportunity to play the originals but I think since I have the Wii I might as well get this one and give it a shot. It's not often I can say I played a came Robb Alvey worked on for his "day job" for 8 months.

This will probably be the best Wii game to date!

Jimmy "Congrats on the game Robb" Bo

Nice, the screenshots have a real artistic feel to them, this looks like it's going to be a great game.

So how much of the game is played with the motion sensors on the Wii-mote rather than the nun chuck analogue stick? In that first screenshot, will the player have to use the Wii-mote to crank that lift device?

So how much of the game is played with the motion sensors on the Wii-mote rather than the nun chuck analogue stick? In that first screenshot, will the player have to use the Wii-mote to crank that lift device?

There is an interview...READ IT!

--Robb

I remember this game.......lol! I had the original on my NES long time ago, i thought it was horrible, i was so upset that I wasted my allowance on a super boring game. But this looks ..... well updated for sure, and i hope it is so much better than the original for the Wii owners out there.

I remember talking to you at Behemoth Bash in regards to your day job and I gotta admit, I am extremely happy for you.

I remember back in the day playing the original...if I am not mistaken I had my parents by it for me back in the day...it is definitely nice to see someone revisit this series...never thought I'd see this game revisited ever again.

The art design and animation is very well done. It's great to see developers going back to 2D...gotta admit, I miss a good 2D side scroller.

Well done Robb, I look forward to playing this when it comes out.

- Josh

I'm glad some other people have posted that they played the original... I was feeling super old.

Still I will admit I nearly nerdgasmed at the news... This is seriously exciting stuff given that I loved the concept of the original but found the controls very stiff and unforgiving. I hope it gets the attention it deserves... Although I fear if it releases at $50 people will pass it by.

Any chance this engine will be reused for a certain WayForward property due for a resurrection that keeps getting hinted at?

Another silly question... Any idea who has the rights to the original now... Could it become a Virtual Console entry before this release?

What would happen if we feed Robb jelly beans? Or was it Wonka candy?

I think you use Wonka Nerds as the power up to have Robb become invincible or something...

Looks great, Robb! Congrats! I remember playing the original way back when....