TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Wooden Coasters that Need a Renovation

I think anything built by Dinn could probably use a complete overhaul.

Any coaster built by Dinn with the exception of Thunder Run should be burned down.

Complete overhaul, incineration... what's the difference?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's good to hear that SFDK's Roar got some work. You don't really hear this coaster mentioned too often, but I really enjoy it.

CGA's Grizzly could be fixed very easily. All it would take is some gasoline and a match.

It's good to hear that SFDK's Roar got some work. You don't really hear this coaster mentioned too often, but I really enjoy it.

Here is a shot of some the new wood on Roar's first turn around. The top of the hill actually has a nice/small pop of air before diving to the left. I'm finally getting around to sifting through all of my photos from last weekend, so expect more soon hopefully.

-Sean

DSC_3913.jpg.040860d8212335f86e9129e1f82746f7.jpg

It's good to know that they added new wood to Roar, I actually found it fine when I rode it in December, but it's probably even better now, and Ghost Rider really just needs to be re built from the ground up, I dont think you could save that by re tracking

I think you could and it would be amazing if they did. The ride does have a great layout and really is a good ride when riding in the front, but just a little GCI touch, and it could be great.

Btw, it's amazing how much of different ride you get in the front than in the back.

Gwazi… i absolutely love this coaster, and will defend it against any and all of it's detractors (which seems to be pretty much everyone but me!), but, honestly, that's only because i ride it so damn often, and know it's “moods”: it's cranky as hell in the morning, only gets crankier as the day goes on, until it's gotten fully “warmed up” (basically, once the hottest part of the day is over, and it's started to cool down for the evening — or, it's been thoroughly drenched by rain!), and then it's probably the most completely wild, insane, out-of-control, “holy poo-poo!”, awesome roller-coaster i've ever been on in my entire life! unfortunately, during normal hours that usually leaves Gwazi with an hour or two of running at it's best, and it seems like most people try to do it first thing in the morning! eek! it'd be nice if it could run closer to it's “peak” performance all day long (like the parks steel coasters do!), and, if there's anything that could be done about that, i'd be all for it (and i'd be all for Millennium Flyers no matter what! they're just about the sexiest coaster trains on earth…)

Gwazi would benefit so much from a total re-track and new trains. I completely agree that when its fully "warmed up" the coaster really rocks. It has some amazing turns, awesome drops with great airtime, and positive g-forces. Millennium flyer's and a re-track would really show a lot of people who have had such bad experiences with this coaster how bad @$$ the layout and design is and how it was intended to perform.