TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New theme park for Hurricane, UT.

Hi there, ordinary coaster enthusiasts, extremely sad and pathetic coaster enthusiasts, and uhh...coaster enthusiasts. I stumbled across something in my newspaper that might appeal to you.

I saved the article somewhere, but I'm not sure where. But it said something similar to this (note: I'll find the article tomorrow and post the exact words):

Along with real estate near St. George and Cedar City, the project includes a theme park. The 2,000 acre theme park will be located in hurricane and its cost will arrange from 3.2-3.8 billion dollars. The project is not fully approved yet, if approved the project will take around 5 years

This sounds a bit interesting...and in southern Utah? Wow.

Once again, I'll quote the exact words when I find the article tomorrow, but can anybody confirm this?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"Please observe, if you will,

I'm Professor Harold Hill,

And I'm here to organize the River City Boys Band!"

Why do I have trouble buying into this project?

Rct3man777, was the article you read in The Spectrum?

http://www.thespectrum.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2009902250316

First, I thought I would point out to everyone that this Town's name is pronounced "HUR ih Kun" not "hur ih KANE."

Second, I'd like to know what this "All World Family, LLC" means when they say the following:

"Ron Sinclair, Chairman and Dean Hawks, CEO are strong advocates for family values and for high ethical standards for business. They are avid supporters of the Constitution of the United States and want to see the country embrace the values intended by our founding fathers."

and

"Our World Family will only employ people who meet and maintain their high standards."

This almost sounds like Chris Buttars might be a part of this thing!

Also, for everyone saying this project would hurt Lagoon's business, I don't see how that's possible. Lagoon's Market includes Northern Utah, Southern Idaho, Western Nevada, and Eastern Wyoming. It seems like this park would more likely draw people from Las Vegas if anywhere.

- Sid

Ok taking bets now. I give it 3 months top to survive IF it opens.

Reading this article though makes me think that it will have one aspect that most parks don't have. They have the ability to raise money from regular people that will never set foot in the park ala Jim Baker and Heritage USA which was a top attraction and money maker until scandal took it down. Remember, they said this this park will be built with private donations. Opening the park with zero debt would make a closing very unlikely.