TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Matt has a bLast weekend of 09!

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess what everyone? I quit my job at Sahara Sam's & got a job as a ride operator at Clementon! I officially start full time next friday the 26th. After that I will have an idea on what area of the park I will spend the most time at. If you ever want to brave HellCat say hi to me if you see me! By the way HellCat is getting retracked on the last turn but it will be open in a few days. I'll keep everyone updated on the ride's status.

Dude, You are awesome for working at Clementon. If I was 16 I'd be there too but Gadv hires at 14 so I'm going to stay here so I can Op Toro lol. That is my goal!

Hellcat is getting retracked...again. Didn't it get work done by Gci in 2005. Is there anything else new in the park besides Polly's Pedal Boats and the Cabanas. How's the arcade doing? Is Chaos still in the lot.

Being a Ride Op can have bad days too. I am just giving you a heads up. Customers may try to get to you but do not let that happen some try to get you fired for lets say there kid was to short to ride your ride and they start up just keep a smile and listen to what they have to say. Also be nice I know from experience you will get times that the power will go to your head do not let that happen. But most of all have fun thats what it is all about and it will help improve the guest experience. Good Luck!

Congrats! Being a ride operator is definately a lot of fun, it's definately the most rewarding job I've ever had. I just found out on Friday that I will be learning "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad" starting this coming Sunday, that's attraction #3 for me!

Congratulations! I wanted to be a ride op for awhile...Maybe next year?

I applied to be a ride op too at my local park but I got rejected. They said that the only job open availiable was sweeper. I took it.

Also I heard that being a ride op can be fun but also stressful. You might get yelled at by people and be prepared to break the news to kids not tall enough to ride standing on their tippy toes.

~ Jess "A failed ride op sweeping garbage at Playland" Chan

So today they told me to go right to HellCat! I was an attendant all day. It is a pretty easy job & I like it so far. My left thumb hurts a little from holding it up for "All Clear." I was on both the loading side & unloading side so I got to press the Enable Dispatch button. I hope I can be a permanent HellCat attendant. By the way HellCat is back Open!

Trip 11: Six Flags Great Adventure June 23, 2009

Today was the first day of my summer vacation & since I had off work I decided to go to GADV today. I wanted to go to Dorney but I couldn't find anyone to go. My goal for today was to get to 150 runs for the year. When I arrived at the park around 11:40 AM I was greeted by a full parking lot. My first ride was GASM. It was a 10 minute wait. Next I headed over to the Golden Kingdom & to my disappointment Kingda Ka was closed So I headed over to El Toro. I noticed both sides of Rolling Thunder were working & the line was only 15 minutes. Since I did not ride the left side yet I decided to give it a go. It was actually a very enjoyable ride! I sat in the front & for the first time I got some good pops of airtime After Rolling Thunder (left) I started to wait in the 2 hour line for El Toro. It broke down after 20 minutes so I left & headed over to Skull Mountain. Thankfully there wasn't a line for Skull Mountain so I rode it 5x in a row Finishing my mini marathon on Skull Mountain I did not feel like staying any longer so I headed over to Nitro which was a 10 minute wait & I rode my 150th roller coaster ride of the year I then headed home. Tomorrow I will be hopefully going to Dorney since I am surprisingly off work for 2 days in a row & I am taking advantage of it. I was hoping to go to Kings Island today & tomorrow but I delayed that trip until at weekend in September when hopefully the lines won't be long & SOB will re-open (I have never been there so I want the credit). Thanks for reading!

Day Conclusion:

Great American Scream Machine=1x

Rolling Thunder (left)=1x

Skull Mountain=5x

Nitro=1x

Crazy lines can differ that much in a day. Great Adventure wasn't crowded at all yesterday. Kingda Ka was 10 minutes, Bizarro was 10 minutes, Toro looked to be around 15 minutes, everything else was less than 10 minutes.

Dorney was empty today, at one point Talon had 3 riders on a train. All coasters except the Wild Mouse were walk ons. The only lines were in the watepark but it wasn't too bad there either. I'm sure it will be the same tomorrow.

When I arrived at the park around 11:40 AM I was greeted by a full parking lot.

Surely, you are embellishing. A "full" lot on a Tuesday in June. If so your wait times would have been much longer than you stated.