TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Matt has a bLast weekend of 09!

Trip 3: Hershey Park April 11, 2009

With the weather supposed to be clearing up at noon, my Mom, friend Brian, & I decided to give Springtime at Hershey park a go! We entered Hershey around 12:30 & it was lightly raining outside so we decided to do Chocolate world first. After Chocolate World we headed to the park & were shocked by the crowds. I guess going to GADV yesterday paid off since I only got 8 runs & 7 coasters today. On the bright side I rode my 50th run of the year today which was on the Comet! I did make a video TR so after the pics you can enjoy that. On to the PTR:

Chocolate World ROCKS!

After this ride you always want some chocolate.

I love chocolate

I think Comet is my new favorite coaster at HP. You get so much airtime on it especially in the back

It is WAY to crowded over by Great Bear so lets head over to the woodies. Fahrenheit & Storm Runner will not be operating today

After 2 hours in the park we finally got on our second ride of the day. I was really impressed with this run on Wildcat. It wasn't rought at all & there were some small pops of airtime. Rode it in the front seat.

Yay for Lightning Racers! Won on Lightning lost on Thunder.

Wild Mouse was run number 5 of the day.

Here is a look at the new wave pool for 2009.

There was even a line for the Trailblazer.

After a 45 minute wait for Great Bear it was time for one more ride.

Our last ride of the day was on Comet & that was my 50th run of the year in only a week I'm already loving 2009! Watch the video!

Day Conclusion:

Comet=2

Wildcat=1

Lightning Racers (Lightning)=1

Lightning Racers (Thunder)=1

Wild Mouse=1

Trailblazer=1

Great Bear=1

2009 Roller Coaster Season Runs=50

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=SpringtimeHershey2009_NEW_b1nj[/coastertube]

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Trip 4: Morey's Piers May 9th & 10th, 2009

It has been almost a month but I'm back! The 4th trip of my 2009 roller coaster season took place May 9th & 10th at Morey's Piers in Wildwood, NJ. My prom was on Friday the 8th & some friends & I rented a condo & spent an unforgettable weekend down at the shore. I don't think I can share some of the fun stuff we did Watch the video report at the end! On to the pics:

After almost a month a crappy Vekoma was my first ride of the weekend. On Sunday I was the only one on the ride in the front seat as well! It felt like ghetto Ert

After 51 coaster runs I rode my first flat of 09!

The Great White taunted me with test runs because it wasn't opening until next weekend.

The car show was on Saturday & all the cars were parked on the boardwalk.

This old Camaro SS was my favorite car.

Rollies Coaster was ridden most this weekend & I rode my 60th run of the year on it!

My first thrill ride of 2009!

Ah the Doo Wopper. A run on Sunday was an unforgettable one because unfortunately & for the first time ever...

I lost my hat or any kind of object in general on a roller coaster! I went to guest services & filled out a form so I can hopefully get it back when the pier closed for the day.

Flitzer. Not much to say about it.

Dante's Dungeon was also my first dark of the year! There was a lot of first this weekend. First flat, thrill, first time I lost something on a coaster, first time I thought all of the lights on the boardwalk were butterflies at night while I was...woops after prom related stuff!

First power tower of the year!

First flume of the year!

Look out their going to clyde! Watch the tram car please!

A rainbow after a quick thunder storm.

Used to be the Golden Nugget! Looks like it is heading for Knoebels

A pic of my condo.

The garage.

This cowboy hat was used a lot on my friend & his girlfriend's door.

I'll never forget that awesome prom weekend on Spicer Ave!

Oh & unfortunately my hat blew away in the wind but I bought a new one when I got home!

Trip 4 Conclusion:

Sea Serpent=2

Music Express=1

Rollies Coaster=4

Sky Coaster=1

Doo Wopper=3

Flitzer=1

Dante's Dungeon=1

Atmosphere=2

Watch the video!

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=Wildwood2009Prom_NEW_eyjc[/coastertube]

2009 Roller Coaster Runs=60

Nice TR. I hope I can get down to Morey's Pier sometime in the near future, maybe when they get that new woodie they are planning. Too bad about losing your hat, hopefully you'll get it back from them. I lost my Sox hat on The Dark Knight at Great Adventure on opening day, although I didn't bother to fill out a form to get it back. It did give me a good excuse to go out and buy a couple of new Red Sox hats! As I can see, you thought the same (although, not a hat I would approve of ).

And a note about the "What was the you're last coaster ride", Boulder Dash is one of my favorites as well, it might have even bumped El Toro out of the #1 wood spot... Are you planning on heading up to Lake Compounce sometime this summer?

Trip 5: Six Flags Great Adventure May 18, 2009

Today I went to GADV only for a few hours after school. The crowd was decent but I still got 10 runs. I barely took photos so I'll just break it down. When I first got to the park I headed to El Toro which was about a 20 minute wait. Rolling Thunder followed since it was a walk on. Unfortunately I sat on a wheel seat so my spine hurt for awhile After that I walked right on to the Runaway Mine Train. After RMT I headed over to GASM which surprisingly was a 10 minute wait! Following GASM I headed over towards Nitro which was about a 30 minute wait. Skull Mountain was ridden most once again only 4x today. I could have ridden it 10x but I didn't feel like staying long since I went by myself. For the last ride of the day I rode El Toro again & that was my 70th run of the year! If all goes as planned I should hit 100 runs next week at either Dorney if I can go or Clementon Park. I took some quick Bizarro photos with my phone. There is a good chance I'll be back on Thursday to do a full Bizarro update with a video & loads of picks.

Question for anyone that works at the park or knows anything: Why was Kingda Ka closed? While on Rolling Thunder I saw a crane with workers over KK's power house. Is there another problem with the catch car or hydraulic system?

Day Conclusion:

El Toro=2x

Rolling Thunder (Right)=1x

Runaway Mine Train=1x

Great American Scream Machine=1x

Nitro=1x

Skull Mountain=4x

2009 Roller Coaster Season Runs=70x

Trip 6: Six Flags Great Adventure May 21, 2009

Today I went to GADV to ride Bizarro! I got to the park around 12:30 just in time when the ride opened to the public & it was a walk on! The ride has some neat effects. The voices on the audio track are hard to understand. The flame thrower was my favorite effect right over the dive loop! There is also a nice head chopper in between the interlocking corkscrews that sprays mist. Overall it was a great transformation & I prefer Bizarro over the original Medusa. I rode it 2x today including in the back which is the best place to sit in my opinion. After my second ride the wait quickly became a 2 hour wait! I managed to get 10 runs total today on a very crowded day at the park. Enjoy the pics & Bizarro video!

bizarro2.jpg.dffa50cf200a9c51ee704162a6dc4c14.jpg

The lift.

bizarro1.jpg.25a59b0c9323f350bcd63e13a8e71c0d.jpg

May 21st is today!

bizarro3.jpg.8db6a5700eb8300cefbcbdaa3f0cebc7.jpg

I get to ride my favorite inversion again!

bizarro4.jpg.2959c4a3a56fbd6c184f9717de03e3dc.jpg

The dive loop. The flames don't always go off.

Kingda Ka got struck with lightning. It was supposed to be closed for 2 weeks as of last weekend. I hope they get it open soon since the park has been a lot busier this week than expected and KK being closed is making the other lines longer.

Trip 5: Six Flags Great Adventure May 18, 2009

Today I went to GADV only for a few hours after school. The crowd was decent but I still got 10 runs. I barely took photos so I'll just break it down. When I first got to the park I headed to El Toro which was about a 20 minute wait. Rolling Thunder followed since it was a walk on. Unfortunately I sat on a wheel seat so my spine hurt for awhile After that I walked right on to the Runaway Mine Train. After RMT I headed over to GASM which surprisingly was a 10 minute wait! Following GASM I headed over towards Nitro which was about a 30 minute wait. Skull Mountain was ridden most once again only 4x today. I could have ridden it 10x but I didn't feel like staying long since I went by myself. For the last ride of the day I rode El Toro again & that was my 70th run of the year! If all goes as planned I should hit 100 runs next week at either Dorney if I can go or Clementon Park. I took some quick Bizarro photos with my phone. There is a good chance I'll be back on Thursday to do a full Bizarro update with a video & loads of picks.

Question for anyone that works at the park or knows anything: Why was Kingda Ka closed? While on Rolling Thunder I saw a crane with workers over KK's power house. Is there another problem with the catch car or hydraulic system?

Day Conclusion:

El Toro=2x

Rolling Thunder (Right)=1x

Runaway Mine Train=1x

Great American Scream Machine=1x

Nitro=1x

Skull Mountain=4x

2009 Roller Coaster Season Runs=70x

I was actually there riding Bizarro.... That shot of the Cobra Roll, Im in the last row

What song is that? It's intense!

The ride looks really nice now, it was in need of some love.

The song is Midnight by Cornandbeans.

^Well the GP is stupid & doesn't realize that it is Medusa with a paint job & some neat effects. You won't believe how many times I heard "How long did it take them to build Bizarro?" & "What happened to Medusa?" I guess those quotes should go in the 'Weirdest things the GP have said' thread

The ride looks really nice now, it was in need of some love.

You're darn right! Last year I thought it had one of the most rusty and faded paint jobs I've ever seen. Surprisingly, it was one of the smoothest coasters I've ever ridden. I really like THIS Bizarro's paint job; the one in New England however looks a little weird.

And it seemed like there has been a rumor since at least 2006 that Medusa was going to get a makeover. How bizarre that it happens three years later!

Kingda Ka got struck with lightning. It was supposed to be closed for 2 weeks as of last weekend. I hope they get it open soon since the park has been a lot busier this week than expected and KK being closed is making the other lines longer.

Do you know if it will be open by June 1? That's when I'm planning to make the 3-hour drive up to SFGAdv, and I really want to ride KK and El Toro.

Wow, talk about ironic!

Since the whole story line for Bizarro is that Medusa got struck by lightning and was turned into what it is now...

Trip 7: Six Flags Great Adventure May 28, 2009 (No pics just a TR)

For the 3rd time this month I went back to GADV. Today I was planning on going to Clementon Park but I just got my season pass & left because HellCat wasn't operating. Since I get home from school at 10:45 AM I waited until my friend Max got home at 2 PM & gave him a call asking him if he wanted to go to GADV for a few hours since I got a bring a friend for $14.99 coupon. He was able to go so we headed for Jackson around 2:45 PM arriving in the GADV parking lot at 3:35 PM with great timing since it usually takes at least an hour to get to the park. As we approached the gate we noticed that S:UF was a walk on! We made our way to Bizarro first & only waited 10 minutes. After Bizarro, which felt a little rougher than last week, we walked right in RMT. While on RMT we noticed how short the line was for ET so we headed over to it. Since the GP is stupid & crowds around the front of the station it took about 10 minutes to get to the back. After ET we only had an hour & 15 minutes before the park closed so we decided to head over to Skull Mountain. We ended up riding Skull Mountain 6x in a row in the back seat without getting off the ride Following the mini marathon on Skull Mountain we had 20 minutes left until the park closed. Our 10th ride of the day was on Nitro in the back seat. I hated the first ride because I got stapled in my seat & got no airtime. The second time was a much more enjoyable ride because I sat on the other side & my friend Max got stapled that time. That was our final ride of the day. 11 runs in only about 2 hours. This trip was the first time that I actually brought a friend with me to GADV & that made it much more enjoyable. Sometime this weekend I will hopefully go to Clementon Park & ride my 100th run of the year on HellCat & definitely make a PTR & possibly a VTR. Next week I will be in Orlando from Tuesday-Saturday for my senior class trip & will be riding Manta! I will hopefully get that report up sometime in the middle of the following week. Thanks for reading!

Day Conclusion:

Bizarro=1x

Runaway Mine Train=1x

El Toro=1x

Skull Mountain=6x

Nitro=2x

2009 Roller Coaster Runs=91