TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The 2009 MLB Season

Well, it's that time again where the Spring Training games have started today and the road to the regular season begins!!

My questions are:

What do you expect from your hometown or favorite team this year? How do you think the summer will treat your team or players? How will the Pennant Races go this year? What did you think of your team's offseason transactions this winter?

My thoughts (for my Tigers):

Well, they did what they needed to do when it came to filling roster spots this year. With Granderson being out for the WBC and representing Team USA in it this year, we have a small problem of him not being with Detroit for 4 of 5 spring training weeks and not getting as many at bats as we'd like with him in center field this Spring.

As for September, I have to say and wait for April and May to fill out and see where we stand there. It's too early to tell with the September races.

Summer's going to be ALOT of fun this year, the Tigers have a promising lineup this year and I think we'll be able to turn 2009 around in our favor. Maybe we'll see October and maybe we'll just having a winning season, I dunno, but either way June, July and August will BE alot of FUN this year.

I expect alot out of Maggs, Miguel and Laird this year. Not to mention Adam Everett, he's looking promising after today's game in Lakeland providing an RBI to help the Tigers to an opening win 5-4.

All I can say for now, but I wish ALL teams and their fans the BEST of luck for this interesting and exciting 2009 season.

Hope you all have some thoughts and discussions to share with this upcoming 2009 season!

32 days till Opening Day vs. Toronto for Detroit in Toronto, and 36 days until our Home opener against the Texas Rangers!

Well, everyone, Let the DISCUSSION begin!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still waiting to see of the Dodgers can somehow re-sign Manny before I decide on what kind of season they will have. I'm kind of dissapointed that they haven't: A - resigned Manny or B - told Manny to take a leap and gone after other players via trade or free-agency.

With Manny:

Having Manny for a full season means that anything less than a World Series Title is a waste. I think he was great for the team last year, the chemistry was great, and with the other off-season moves the team made I think it could only mean good things.

Without Manny:

I think they will still win the NL west, because it's quite weak. As for winning a series and possibly getting to the Series, who knows.

The Dodgers have a VERY young team, and I think the experience they gained last year will be nothing but a good thing. I'm excited for this year.

Spring training started today & the Yankees won against the Blue Jays 6-1 A-Rod hit a 2-Run homerun (I don't care if he still takes steroids as both Brett Tomko & Phil Hughes pitched. The quest for our 27th Wolrd Series has began. Let's Go YANKEES [/b]

Fixed. Yankees wont win the series....book it

Spring training started today & the Yankees won against the Blue Jays 6-1 A-Rod hit a 2-Run homerun (I don't care if he took steroids 6 years ago)

Not that i want to ruin a baseball thread with more steroid babble but he could still be taking HGH and other crap today to hit that homer. Once a liar always a liar.

Anyways as for Braves my expectation are tempered. Last year we were devestated by injuries so if they can hold off on those the bullpen will be excellent and the starting pitching will be solid. The lineup is what worries me. We have absolutely no pop at all. Other than Chipper there is no long ball threat. So the Braves have to get by with a lot of 3-2 wins if they want to have any shot at all.

You non braves fans take note of Tommy Hanson. He is the next stud pitcher in a long line of them for the Braves. At 6-6 with a nasty slider, he should be in the big leagues by the all star break.

Spring training started today & the Yankees won against the Blue Jays 6-1 A-Rod hit a 2-Run homerun (I don't care if he took steroids 6 years ago)

Not that i want to ruin a baseball thread with more steroid babble but he could still be taking HGH and other crap today to hit that homer. Once a liar always a liar.

As I stated I don't care if A-Rod TOOK steroids 6 years ago. As long as he produces on the field & we win the World Series it will all be forgotten.

^ yeah, yeah. I don't tend to be at all very negative, but really the Yankees have had their very long turn at being the World Series Kings.

As much as the Yankees are successful and that being a good thing, isn't it time for some other teams with smaller amounts of titles to take some of the limelight?

But, when A-Rod admitted that about the steroid case, and his use of them in the past my sense of RESPECT for him increased alot then what respect I had for him in the past (which, wasn't too good ). I like players who are HONEST and admit they MADE mistakes in the past.

Kudos to A-Rod for that very respectful and bold move!

^ Except for the Red Sox, Rays, Angels, Phillies, Cubs, and maybe the Mets, yea they have no competition. You dont win World Series in the offseason, the last nine years should have proven that to you, but alas your an ignorant Yankee fan and everything that is wrong with baseball.

Orioles.....who the hell plays for them these day?

Oh well, I just want to go to a game this year (don't think I saw anything more than minor leagues last year), and perhaps go to some other stadium than Camden Yards. Pro baseball doesn't interest me too much anymore. But perhaps with a few less coasters I'll be able to enjoy a few more games this summer.

The Yankees overpaid for Texiera. He had one good season.

For the record, he is by far the best switch hitter in MLB right now. If you are going to sign someone to a huge long term deal, he would definitely be a good choice! I would have loved for the Angels to have signed him to the very same deal the Yankees gave him! He's in the prime of a career that thus far has averaged 36HR, 121RBI, .290AVG, .919OPS, and 101R.

And where'd he go to school Joey?

Screw the Yankees, they won't win the series, they might not make it to the playoffs again.

Cubs win? Please! Sure the BoSox had a long drought too, but for them to end it is a cute story. The Cubs will never break out of their drought, they are just pathetic.

I hope my beloved Marlins are still in the race in September, that's about all I can hope for.

For the record, he is by far the best switch hitter in MLB right now. If you are going to sign someone to a huge long term deal, he would definitely be a good choice! I would have loved for the Angels to have signed him to the very same deal the Yankees gave him! He's in the prime of a career that thus far has averaged 36HR, 121RBI, .290AVG, .919OPS, and 101R.

I dunno, a guy that "whipped" can't be all that right.

^It has been 9 years since we won the World Series! With the $432 million spent in the off-season there should be no competition.

The Tampa Bay Rays won that division with how big of a payroll?

The Yankees have been horrible with the most important aspect of the game: scouting/talent development. They can pay all they want for all of those names but they STILL have no pitching, and therefore still will not win crap.