TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

You are probably right unless someone else is buying the property.  Apparently he was considering reselling the whole property, but at a high price.  As much as I would want that place to come back alive with the Blue Streak, sadly I think it is pretty much over.

The only news I've seen is that they posted that the carousal is going to be back next year (after they had it listed for sale earlier this fall)

image.thumb.png.868a59699d5851895c520dd246be39ce.png
Honestly kind of ridiculous that they had to announce that it will be there in 2022, but I guess that's good

1 hour ago, ricklap77 said:

You are probably right unless someone else is buying the property.  Apparently he was considering reselling the whole property, but at a high price.  As much as I would want that place to come back alive with the Blue Streak, sadly I think it is pretty much over.

I kind-of hope he does this. When he noted that if everyone who was so concerned with the future of this park, they should have bought it or even made an offer considering he was the only bidder he wasn't wrong. He's actually entirely right and if he puts it up for sale again and nobody bids again then it just makes all of this blowback seem even more ridiculous than it already did (if that's even possible).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's in a PA facebook group someone I know is watching now, with photos so it appears to be true, and if so will probably be in other news soon.  Apparently Blue Streak is currently on fire.  Supposedly a "controlled burn" at the park that isn't so well controlled and several fire departments coming in.

Nothing like a little arson and insurance fraud, huh?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

lol. I had a feeling he would either burn it down or push it over and claim it blew down in a storm. What a crappy ending, but part of me is just glad it is finally ending. 

I've watched so many beloved wood coasters fade away, but this one hurt a lot because I almost got to ride it before all this happened. 

While I'm sad that I'll never get this pre-WWII credit, from all the reports I'm not missing much.  And yeah, an "accidental" fire is much cheaper than an actual demolition crew.

37 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

You know what "hurt a lot" more than NOT riding Blue Streak?

Riding it. 🤣

Like I say about Wildcat at HersheyPark.

the best seat on it, is the bench out front of the queue!

IMG_5181.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How about some pics? (From the local news article posted earlier, thanks ricklap77) There's also some video in the news article, but I couldn't get it to embed so RIP that...

Link to video: https://www.erienewsnow.com/clip/15287443/blue-streak-fire-scene

image.png.c4e8a11a5d9b8c04a5b52575a1e1824a.pngimage.png.ad46666e5c74c0f136523746c1e466ee.pngimage.png.0567e1d98f2459735f9ae13d3dc50b2d.png

First off...WHO ON EARTH THOUGHT THAT A "CONTROLLED BURN" IN THE MIDDLE OF SH*TTY OLD THEME PARK WAS A GOOD IDEA!!!!

Also...apparently they were burning wood from...half the ride that they had already demolished today...(surprise surprise)

Supposedly he had a permit to demo the coaster (where's ACE and the "Historic Coaster Foundation" when you need 'em...), but who actually knows. (Or cares at this point)

I don't know the park at all (never been and now probably never will) but apparently several other "adjacent buildings" (according to the news article) burned as well. From the video it looks like the station building was hanging on, but had already been stripped of its signage and anything else meaningful prior to the fire. No word on the whereabouts of the NAD trains.

RIP Blue Streak 1937-2022

RIP Conneaut Lake Park 1892 - "just put this place out of it's misery all ready"

Very disappointing that this poor ride ended this way, and with the direction the park is going. I know there wasn't much hope to begin with, but I guess I hoped against hope that come good would come out of this place. I'll miss this discussion thread...

Edit: Quote of the year (from another news article): "Conneaut Lake Park owner Todd Joseph could not be reached for comment."

Edited by swfan1988
Added "Quote of the year"
  • Like 1

Update: A demolition permit has been issued for the ride (Did they have one to begin with? Maybe...maybe not...) and the remainder of the ride (including the station) will be demoed tomorrow.

https://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/fire-heavily-damages-conneaut-lake-parks-blue-streak-demolition-permit-to-be-issued-wednesday/article_ba3a2bf6-6dba-11ec-af2f-d79c8c461eec.html

https://www.goerie.com/story/news/local/crawford-county/2022/01/04/roller-coaster-fire-blue-streak-conneaut-lake-park-damaged/9095843002/

Edited by swfan1988
Extra link added

I am fully on the train of this being on purpose. That freak is such a loser. 

Edit: https://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/fire-heavily-damages-conneaut-lake-parks-blue-streak-demolition-permit-to-be-issued-wednesday/article_ba3a2bf6-6dba-11ec-af2f-d79c8c461eec.html

You have to be joking if you think this was an accident. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, swfan1988 said:

He applied for a demolition permit after the fire (and tearing half of it down).  So no, he didn't have one beforehand.

Best I can guess is with the ride's historic status, there was still something keeping him from just tearing it down, so... "oops."

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, swfan1988 said:

Update: A demolition permit has been issued for the ride (Did they have one to begin with? Maybe...maybe not...) and the remainder of the ride (including the station) will be demoed tomorrow.

https://www.meadvilletribune.com/news/fire-heavily-damages-conneaut-lake-parks-blue-streak-demolition-permit-to-be-issued-wednesday/article_ba3a2bf6-6dba-11ec-af2f-d79c8c461eec.html

Do you think that the Summit Township's zoning officer just openly pronounces his last name as "Fuck" or does he pretend it's exotic or something and exaggerate the Y like we're not all supposed to notice that his name is "Randy Fuck?"

• Haha 3

How did his parent's not think about that when choosing the name Randy? Even if Fyock is pronounced wildly different, there's almost no chance the dad ever made it through his school life without another kid picking up on the similarities. Unless he was born looking like this guy:

randy savage GIF

Then yes, Randy Fyock would totally fit.

• Haha 2