TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

CONNEAUT LAKE PARK — Looking around Conneaut Lake Park, brothers Tim and Richard Lisko see two things — a challenge and potential for the future.

“The potential is here,” Tim Lisko, 42, said of getting some of the rides at the amusement park operating again after a two-year absence. But it could be slow-going at first. “It will be three years to take off — to get the reputation back.”

“We can see growth here,” Richard Lisko, 40, said of the historic 117-year-old amusement park. “It’s a big resort area. It’s family-oriented.”

Lisko & Sons Amusements out of Lowellville, Ohio, recently signed a multi-year lease agreement with

Trustees of Conneaut Lake Park to operate rides at the park this year. The brothers are part of the second-generation of the family-run business.

The park will reopen Memorial Day weekend with its Kiddieland rides and a half-dozen other adult rides to be ready for the opening — Paratrooper, Flying Scooter, Tilt-A-Whirl, Tumblebug, the carousel and Skydiver, a ride the Lisko brothers are bringing to the park.

The park will be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. After the opening weekend, plans are to operate four days per week — Thursday through Sunday — through Labor Day weekend and possibly additional dates in September.

Some other rides — Dodgem cars, Devil’s Den and the park’s popular miniature train — will be added during the season, the brothers said. The waterpark will reopen by July 4, but the famed Blue Streak wooden roller coaster won’t be operational until 2010.

www.meadvilletribune.com/homepage/local_story_119231509.html

And of course a downer

www.meadvilletribune.com/local/local_story_119231653.html

• 3 weeks later...

^ That was a pretty fun video!

Any word on what is happening with the Round Up or the Ultimate Trip? (I know that building collapsed on the ride, but I heard they had a new Scrambler in storage.)

^ That was a pretty fun video!

Any word on what is happening with the Round Up or the Ultimate Trip? (I know that building collapsed on the ride, but I heard they had a new Scrambler in storage.)

They disassembled the Scrambler and took it out before the building collapsed. They couldn't get the building to pass an inspection, so they pulled it out. Good timing on that one.

They disassembled the Scrambler and took it out before the building collapsed. They couldn't get the building to pass an inspection, so they pulled it out. Good timing on that one.

Oh... Okay thats good to know! Obviously my source was wrong and got some things mixed up.

I hope the Scrambler does come back soon as it's a low maintenance and high capacity flat ride, but I know thats not the top priority now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi TPR

Im am happy to report this update

The Musik Express has been saved from the scrap yard and has reopened!

Splash City Water Park is reopen!

The Bessemer Railway System is also open!

The Blue Streak Fry stand is open serving up Funnel Cakes and the Original Park Fries!

Crowds have been heavy and work is on going to reopen other rides.