TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I know what's on tap for next year! Pennsylvania trip 2010! Not only CLP, but Hersheypark (been there before but it was back in 1995), Kennywood, Lakemont, Dorney Park, and maybe Waldameer! That's great about CLP, though.

I really hope it works out. In this sluggesh economy it will be hard for the park to make it. Hope you all can get out and support it as if the park dont get enough visitors than we many not have our Blue Streak ever again This is the parks second (well third) Chance show we want it to stay!

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the park today and there is some good news. There was a lot of work going on at the hotel. As far as the rides, there was a group of business-like men holding clipboards looking at and measuring a lot of the flat rides. I wonder if they could be looking to lease the rides.

I was at the park today and there is some good news. There was a lot of work going on at the hotel. As far as the rides, there was a group of business-like men holding clipboards looking at and measuring a lot of the flat rides. I wonder if they could be looking to lease the rides.

Do you know what rides they were looking at?

I first saw them walk out of the park office building, look at the Musick Express and Tumble Bug, then about 15 minutes later, I saw them in the front of the park looking at the Paratrooper, Flying Scooters, Tilt a Whirl, and Ferris Wheel. I also heard them make some remarks about the Blue Streak.

• 2 weeks later...
*TRAFFIC ALERT*

If you plan on visiting CLP this year take note that the North Bond exit ramp on I-79 will be closed all summer for construction. You will need to take the Cochrantan exit and follow the signs to Conneaut Lake.

How did the hotel re-opening go yesterday?

Hi Everyone!

It's that time of year again! Spruce Up The Park is scheduled for April 25 & 26 and May 2 & 3, 9:00am - 4:00pm each day, rain or shine. We will meet on the veranda of Hotel Conneaut. Lunches will be provided for our volunteers by Conneaut Lake Institute, Inc. and Conneaut Lake Area Business Association. Rooms are available at Hotel Conneaut. If you plan on working around the Hotel, rooms are free. If you plan on working elsewhere in the Park, rooms are $40 per night with a $20 credit per night. Call 814-213-0120 for reservations. Tell them you're a CLP volunteer. Please remember this is a PARK clean up with the Hotel included, not just a hotel clean up. As has been the case in the past few years, Mike from Fairway 12 has donated 12 rooms free of charge for Friday, April 24th and Friday, May 1st & Saturday, May 2nd. Rooms may be available on Saturday, April 25th, but they are hosting a benefit dinner, so we're not sure about that night. Please call 814-382-5775 for reservations.Tell them you're a CLP volunteer.

We will be working our tails off in many areas of the Park. Since there are so many flower boxes that need filled, we are asking everyone to bring one (1) flat of flowers and/or a bag of potting soil. Other items you should bring are:

Rakes

Lawn mowers (push or rider)

Weed trimmers

Hedge trimmers

Tree trimmers

Paint scrapers

Sand paper

Paint brushes

Drop cloths

Garbage bags

The Park is still in need of some tools since losing Dreamland and it's contents. If you have any of these items and would like to donate them to the Park, please bring them along.

Power saws

Drills

Hand tools

Welding equipment

Air compressor

General shop type tools

Remember, this is early spring and the weather is very unpredictable. Please bring sufficient clothing to keep you warm if it's cold and sun screen if it's not. If you plan on volunteering, please email either Kelly at KellyL58@neo.rr.com or Laura at ORIE942@hotmail.com to let us know what days you'll be there and how many in your party. This is for planning purposes only.

We can't wait to see all of you again and, if you're new, we can't wait to welcome you into our CLP Family of Volunteers!

Sincerely,

Kelly, Laura and Betty

Conneaut Lake Park Preservation Society

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey all heres some updates from CLP. I arrived late saturday and got there just before lunch. I was shocked to see the Ferris wheel missing from the front gate. It was all gone and work was going on at the Flying Scooter.

I got to lunch to see a huge turn out. we had 75 people at the event a record number. We were treated to some lunch and Greg Sutterlin made an Appearance he told us about the work going on in the park. He also said the Hotel will add a Heated Pool and may add a Hot Tub if one fits.

After Lunch I had to work for my Free Room at the Hotel Conneaut so I did some work in the Beach Club cleaning the Kitchen and Sweeping. After I took a walk through the park and cleaned here and there. Liskos crew was working on the Flying Scooter and the Tilt A whirl inspecting and painting the rides. I talked with them for a bit than I meant with the "Blue Streak Guys" at the convention center I found out there from the park head of Maintmence that they are bringing in a new 60 foot ferris wheel to replace the old one and the old one.

After that I got my room at the Hotel Conneaut and tried to crash for the night well 10 pm I heard a crowd come through it was a ghost tour going on. I could not sleep so I joined along. We went all around the hotel and I saw several things. I also scared the whole group by flicking the lights in one of the halls. I miss scaring people for a living. We did a Spirit summon in one room and had some weird activity such as it felt like someone grabbed my arm. After our tour guide spit we did some looking around I found out one in the group was a worker at Kennywood and another was my Mailman . We spend 30 mins looking around before we crashed. Could not sleep because My room was very creepy and I was startled when my door handle rattled.

The next morning I woke and went to the meeting. We all waited for Betty or Volunteer Coordinator very nice before splitting off. I went and helped the Blue Streak guys clean under the Blue Streak of Leaves and trash. We were told inspectors were coming in and to make it look nice. So we cleaned all that up. Than cleaned the Midway before I had to take off. Over all it was a fun two days and it was nice seeing old friends. If you have not been to a clean weekend I suggest going to one it is very fun and you will make new friends all with the same goal of making the park look nice. We have one next weekend so come out its fun.

Quick run down

The old Eli Bridge ferris wheel has been removed and will be replaced with a new 60 foot wheel.

Kiddieland rides are quickly being worked on and reassembled.

The Flying Scooter has received a new coat of paint and the Tilt A Whirl is getting some love.

Lisko will bring in 2 adult rides besides the wheel and some kiddierides.

Also soon the Hotel Conneaut will add a heated pool.

The train may also be run in the opposite Direction.

The Water park will also be open this summer

The Blue Streak was inspected.