TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Conneaut Lake Park (CLP) Discussion Thread

Does a dozen people really constitute a "rally"?  🤷‍♂️

I'm sure Todd Joseph doesn't give a rat's backside as to what these people think.  I'm sure he's just biding his time waiting for Pumpkin Fest and Ghost Lake to end so he can call in the bulldozers and level the rest of the place.  Oh, and sell those "new" rides back that barely operated this year.  

Maybe he can level the Dollar General too since they played host to a "rally" that spoke ill of him.  Or since he's a multi-millionaire, maybe he can get My Pillow Guy Mike Lindell to come and have a Blue Streak Symposium showing the absolute proof that the ride needs to be demolished. 

To quote coasterbill, "Stick a fork in this place".  

4 minutes ago, Kodie Lamie said:

lotta weirdos in this thread kissing the ass of a multi-millionaire property developer

I didn't see that.  I see realists that recognize that protests of less than  a substantial amount of people won't result in any sort of change, and people that have been burned by this shitty park in the past, and people that, while respecting Blue Streak for what it is, are also realistic enough to realize that barring someone coming in to save it and transport it elsewhere, it's days are numbered.

• Like 1

Looks like most, if not all of the rides are listed for sale.  I'm not sure if posting the link is permitted, but they're on a commonly-used site for used rides.  Blue Streak was listed with the carousel, but that listing has since been changed to only the carousel.  Someone pass me more forks to stick in this place.

I found those... I'm less surprised at the destruction of the park now, but still quite amused by the fact that a businessman's email address is a hotmail address...  Come on man... you're a millionaire, get your own domain and a slightly more personalized business email.

10 hours ago, FeelTheFORCE said:

Looks like most, if not all of the rides are listed for sale.  I'm not sure if posting the link is permitted, but they're on a commonly-used site for used rides.  Blue Streak was listed with the carousel, but that listing has since been changed to only the carousel.  Someone pass me more forks to stick in this place.

Hum weird!  I wonder what the asking price was for the Blue Streak!?  And why was it listed and then taken off!?  Did Todd Joseph think it could make him more money by selling it to someone who wanted to take it down for whatever reason (relocation, fire wood...)?  Or has it been sold already!?  Maybe some serious people are following this story more than we think!  Demolishing a wooden coaster of that size is not cheap.

I think one thing that people are overlooking when asking for Knoebels or Gene Staples (lol how is Quimera looking?) to come and save this ride is that it's probably in a dilapidated condition where Knoebels would have to dump tons and tons of money into it just so it could be the fourth best wood coaster in the park. Would it really make sense for anyone to save this thing when you can get a cheap new GCI for probably only a few million more that can be custom-fit to a specific spot?

Look, I'm sure with enough work this ride could be a lot of fun. I'm not trying to crap on it but I'm just being a realist.

• Like 2

The layout is a simple out and back.  Not bad but I don't think there is anything special about it.  I have to admit that relocating the coaster would probably mean putting 80% new wood in it, so might as well building brand new if the blueprints are still available.  But I don't know if it'd be a success.  The Blue Streak is great operating there at CLP if well taken care of.  It has good pops of air time, history, and its delapidated look, which induce fear amongst many riders (although the ride is safe).  Unless a new owner comes in soon to operate it, and I'm sad to say this, but I can only see the Blue Streak rotting away, and that is if it's not taken down.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

According to an article in The Meadville Tribune this past week, Todd Joseph can do whatever he wants with the park and demolishany building andrides he wants.  "In an interview Thursday with The Meadville Tribune, Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission (PHMC) spokesman Howard Pollman said the commission's legal team has found covenants, or restrictions, placed on Conneaut Lake Park's Historic District by the state didn't apply."  So that being now clear, things might start moving quicly with the new development.

• 2 weeks later...

So the owner of the park is now in a pissing match with a bunch of enthusiasts and locals who are mad at him about what he's done with the park and trying to obstruct everything in court. He’s calling them a bunch of selfish 80-year-olds.

I hate everyone involved with this but I can't turn away. It's like watching a car accident in slow motion...

Here is the full story

Here is probably the most interesting excerpt. Also, it should be noted that the letter that they're referencing is also hilarious and loaded with typos.

Thanks to @boldikus for bringing this shitshow story to my attention. I’m enjoying it immensely 😂 

Joseph said he has been harassed since purchasing the park and names a woman who has been banned from the park after what he says was an assault against his wife. He went on to say that he is seeking a restraining order against her and others who have interfered.

Joseph wrote: "If these people bringing this nonsense to you and me, wanted to run this park, they should have bought it. No one even showed up to bid."

Joseph, who says he has invested $1.5 million in the park in addition to the $1.2 million he paid to purchase it, explained his thinking.

"People don't like change, what worked in 1950 for these 80-year-old people, simply doesn't work now," Joseph wrote in his letter to Deller.

He continued: "We are changing out 80-year-old rides for more modern active attractions. These people do not want this. They want status quo. Which has not worked for 30 years."

Joseph was referring to objections over the sale of the Tumble Bug and numerous other park rides as well as the removal of the train and the elimination of what he said were blighted buildings

"What they are doing is selfish, young kids and families do not want to come to this park as is, because of how outdated and old it is. Yet these 80-year-olds want it this way, for their own selfish reasons."

Joseph's bottom line, as expressed in his letter, is that clinging to the past won't work.

And he stresses repeatedly that his detractors have nothing to say about how he runs his business.

According to his letter, "These people are not entitled to tell me what or how to run a property I bought."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"These people are not entitled to tell me what or how to run a property I bought."

Tell ya what Todd.  Last time I checked, people are allowed to say whatever they want about you.  If they want to be upset with the way you were so secretive about the park's future, they are allowed to feel that way.  If they want to voice their displeasure with the removal of the Tumble Bug and other "80 year old" rides, they have every right to do so.  Who are you to tell people what they can and can't do?  Now to be fair, some people are apparently taking things a bit too far, and that is unacceptable.  I don't condone that at all.  But you Todd cringed at even the slightest negativity online, so you banned comments on the park's Facebook page.  if you are going to run a business, you need to have thick skin and take the good with the bad.    

So Todd Joseph, you can continue to throw shade at all of your detractors as much as you want.  Just know that your detractors have every right to voice their opinions as well, and if it's something you don't like hearing, you can't just drive your pickup to their house and threaten them to stop.  

On the bright side Todd, only 2 more weekends left of Ghost Lake before you can bring in the wrecking balls and take down the rest of the eyesores on that beautiful property of yours.  Am I Right?  

(FYI - I am fully aware the park is a business and is currently Todd's to do with as he sees fit.  I just don't appreciate people using the tired pro wrestling heel-style "these people" insult for anyone he doesn't agree with) 

7 hours ago, BitterOldHag said:

Tell ya what Todd.

Yeah, you tell him 🤣

PS: Todd will never read this, but if he does then your screen name does nothing to help the stereotype that he's created in his head.

... I'm going to miss this thread after this place gets demolished in a few weeks.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, coasterbill said:

Yeah, you tell him 🤣

PS: Todd will never read this, but if he does then your screen name does nothing to help the stereotype that he's created in his head.

... I'm going to miss this thread after this place gets demolished in a few weeks.

Don't worry, I'm sure it'll pop up once or twice a year like the Geuga Lake thread does with some crackpot theories about somehow restoring it.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, coasterbill said:

Yeah, you tell him 🤣

So sorry to offend you Bill.  I was trying to be facetious and all considering the tone Todd Joseph took in the article about crazy 80 year olds and such.  Apparently it didn’t come off that way.  Sometimes things sound better in my head than they do in written form.  Although I did say that I understand it’s his park and was hoping that would have perhaps signified that I wasn’t really being serious.  Do my prior comments in this thread make it sound like I am totally concerned about what happens to the park?  I didn’t think so, but hey, considering how misunderstood this post was, perhaps I wasn’t clear enough there either.

So again, my sincerest apologies for making you think I give a rats ass what happens to the place.  I visited the park every year, but it’s become such a dump I am totally fine with them tearing the place down.  But I’m sure that will probably get twisted around somehow too and I’ll be lectured about how a businessman can do whatever he wants, so I’ll just stick to my horrendously bitter life where I hate everyone and everything.  🥳. Toodles!

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...