TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Skoosh.com for booking a hotel

I am currently looking at booking a small add on to the Scandi trip and am looking at hotels. I am finding the best prices through a website called Skoosh.com. I have never heard of this company so I am a bit skeptical. Has anyone ever heard of this company or better yet, used them?

From what I can tell they are based out of the UK so I figure some of our European TPRers may have more experience with them.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of these guys before. Personally, I never use online booking sites. We had a bad experience in Branson a while back and got screwed out of a room for two nights after it was paid for. We use the websites to find a hotel, then we book through the hotel's website. It works a little bit better for us now.

I find them very comparable to Hotels.com. They are a legitimate company. If you do use them, make sure you post a review when you get back. They are pretty consistent with giving future discounts when you post a review. I have used most of the online bookers and the only problems I have had usually occur on the hotel's end. It takes time but everything gets resolved.

Working IN a hotel I can tell you that I have never heard of that company. Whenever booking through a third party agent, make sure you call the actual hotel property before your visit and confirm the dates of your reservation, and the fact that it is already paid for. It can save you a TON of hassle when you arrive.

As mentioned earlier, I would always recommend calling the actual hotel and booking direct. The reservation is more versatile, and cancellation policies are usually less strict. Rates are generally identical unless the hotel is sold out and the booking engine still has a few room blocks left.

Chris.

Hi,

I don't know the website but I've asked my brother-in-law, who is running a travelagency, and he knows the website but doesn't have any experience with it.

I've then been looking on the net to find reviews of skoosh.com, but didn't find much useful.

So sorry, but I can't give you any solid advice.

I work in the hotel business as well, I have never heard of these guys but most of my hotel reservations come through differently, so some people may use them to book rooms with. I strongly urge that if you are going to use a 3rd party site to book your room, please double check with the hotel prior to arrival that your room type and all is what you want because sometimes people book non smoking rooms and they come through our system as smoking rooms. Just be careful and safe shopping for your hotel room.

-Brian-

I am currently looking at booking a small add on to the Scandi trip and am looking at hotels. I am finding the best prices through a website called Skoosh.com. I have never heard of this company so I am a bit skeptical. Has anyone ever heard of this company or better yet, used them?

From what I can tell they are based out of the UK so I figure some of our European TPRers may have more experience with them.

I got some VERY good deals on European hotels for my pre-Scandi trip using Priceline. For example, a Holiday Inn in London for ~$70/night. Though I didn't book anything in Scandinavia specifically.

You might give Priceline a try. Here is some bidding history:

http://biddingfortravel.yuku.com/forums/113

Not sure how all the 3rd party policies are, but my wife and I booked a Williamsburg hotel for our honeymoon and they wouldn't allow us the hotel discount for BG because we didn't book directly through them. What we saved on the hotel we ended up spending on tickets becasue of this. Just a little something to think about....

The one and only time I booked a room with Skoosh I remember calling the hotel to make sure I was getting a 2 bed room and them telling me they had no reservation in my name,luckily I booked a couple of days ahead of time and about 3 days after I booked the room the reservation did show up,but I didn't need the stress of worrying about if the company was legitimate.Also the hotel I booked with them is in my top 3 list for WORST hotels I've stayed in.I was trying to book a cheap room in one of those super busy weekends in Orlando and I found this unknown hotel,no real hotel brand but it was cheap and I booked it.Well we ended up in a room next to a bar that was located in the hotel and worst of all the A/C wasn't working right,I could deal with the room next to the bar,especially since there wasn't really anybody there but no A/C,no way.I called the front desk and they said they didn't have any other rooms,it was so late I put up with it somehow but we left the next day and found another room the next night for our second and final day there.I always use Hotwire or Travelocity,Hotwire is a bit risky since you don't get the hotel until after you book but I've gotten amazing deals with them and just about every hotel has been worthwhile.

I've used Skoosh.com once during my spring break of 08 for a trip to Orlando. The room we got was at the Quality Inn near the world's most unique Mcdonalds on International Drive. Overall the room kind of sucked, even though everything worked in the room, but then again my mom works for Hyatt so I'm kind of spoiled by those 5 star hotels. But as for the price, we paid around 20-30 bucks so it wasn't too bad.