TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

I have an issue with RCT3: Whenever I click a piece of scenery or food stall, the game freezes for exactly one minute, and then it will bring up the window at the bottom right corner so I can edit or delete the object and stuff. Is there a reason why the game does this? This problem started after I added custom scenery and used the command prompt to allow images from "my pictures" in the game. It's really annoying and ruins the playing experience. Is there any way to fix this problem?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

so for my new park I am using the Manta CT. I would like to use the new B&M Flying CTR car on it. But, it only gives me the option to use the in-game flying car which is not very realistic. Does anyone have any ideas how to put the CTR car on the custom track?

Thanks,

Mracsified

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! I want to have the Junior Boomerang CT for one of my parks. I downloaded it, placed the ride and all the custom scenery, works fine...but I can't get the actual ride to run! It gets pulled up the back hill then slowly lowers back down...it doesn't actually go through the whole track. Yes, I put it on Low Friction. Any suggestions?

• 5 weeks later...

Well I guess you could crop the pic otherwise I don't know of another way. Not really difficult to use the cheat. To move at peep level, under the in-game menu under settings, find the camera option and choose freelook, you might want to turn the rate as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I purchased the RCT3 platinum edition this past August, and the game has been working fine for me until a few days ago. I have a multitude of custom scenery items and CFRs, but this issue started happening after two weeks of my last CS or CFR installation. The game loads to the to home screen fine, and from what I can tell the actual loading process for the parks works fine, too. However, within 3 minutes of my custom park opening (which already takes about 6 minutes to load), the game closes itself and gives me everyone's favorite "RCT3 has stopped working" message. I have tested between pause and play, and the game just crashes faster when it is playing. I don't know what else to do; I have tried every single compatibility mode: restarted my computer, run the game as an administrator, and turned firewall off. The only thing I can think of is to re-install the game, but I have so much custom scenery I worry I will do something stupid and jack the whole game up. Plus, the park I keep trying to load is very large and I don't want to start from scratch!

I am using a Windows HP Pavilion TouchSmart 14 sleekbook with an external disk drive. It is a 64-bit, and has tons of memory still on it because I only use the computer for RCT If anyone can help, please please please do so because I really really really want to keep posting my park on this website, and I struggled with the one I have already uploaded.

*I also tried making my park size file smaller, with success, but the park still crashes within 3 minutes*

Thanks!

Bailey

Well, RCT3 is a pretty old game, so it doesn't require much resources. However, when you use tons of CS sets, it can start to get sluggish and eventually. I think there are apps that allow older applications to use more RAM, so that the game can use more resources to load all of those sets. Don't quote me, however, as I have never experienced this problem before.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't read through all 64 pages of this post so if this has been answered already I apologize. I just purchased RCT 3 a few weeks ago off of Steam and I don't know if it's because of their servers or because I am using Windows 8.1 but the game keeps freezing to the point where I need to do a hard reset on my laptop to unfreeze the computer. Anyone have any ideas why this is always happening?

Ok, so I have just started using custom scenery and I decided to get the RR Invisible Track. I'm trying to install it though, and I can't figure out how to place and use it in the game. If anyone could help, I'd be very grateful!

I would love to help you but i think that not everyone can install them. I can´t install it. Have watched thousands of videos and I do every singel step right but then it says error. This file can´t be opened.

Anybody know why?

But the game is installed on an old computer.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried a clean reinstall? Steam will sometimes screw up some files on download if connection issues are present.

No I didn't perform a reinstall but I did run a virus scan using Malwarebytes and it did find 870 "threats". Once I removed them all I have had no issues with the program. Apparently downloading from Steam I caught a bunch of viruses, wish I had purchased a hard copy of the program.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

I recently started making a new theme park on RCT3, placing a no entry sign by the entrance of course. Then I left the peeps to their own devices to test some ideas for water rides. When I came back, I started to make a nice entrance area with shops and benches and such necessities. After a little while I noticed that the peeps were all clumped together in a big group from which nobody could escape. I tried extending the path so that they could spread out, but to no avail.

Does anybody know why this happens and what I can do to fix it?

-PotterGod

PS. Thanks in advance

2015-01-31_00001.jpg.e78b4a0e03d9588f0a4b4745a88a74a7.jpg

2015-01-31_00002.jpg.fd8bc66ed2930a1f1348765efa9c4efa.jpg

You may want to try altering the design on your entry plaza to allow for more freedom of motion. This should include allowing guests to leave, as sometimes the No Entry signs can act funky and lock your peeps in certain areas. Other times, the way path tiles are placed can prevent peeps from wanting to go to certain areas.

Just play around with some entrance designs to see what works and what doesn't. This clearly doesn't, so try something else.

• 4 weeks later...

I think the limitations in the game track files don't have inverted options for those elements. You would have to script, animate, and import a complete CT, and such rides generally have custom track pieces that only conform to one layout (generally as a recreation of an actual ride).

In other terms, you can technically do it, but you'd have to do a lot of work outside the actual game to make it happen.

If someone else makes it and has it available for public download, you should be able to use it.

I know the thread in question (Heaven's Harbour), and the OP gave a link (realtycoon3.com) in reply to your inquiry. In that case, the track is accessible for public use, and you're able to use it. However, based on how CTs work, the Batman CT could only be used to make a Batman clone: While the track may look like a variety of pieces, the only ones that are scripted into a game only conform to that layout.