TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

Can someone maybe give me some instruction to install JCat's Steelworx for RCT3 on my iMac? I got it so it appears in the game, but when I click on it, it crashes the game. I looked up a tutorial on Youtube that shows that you need to put Pumper Steelworx in the Style/Themed, not JCat's Steelworx, and I did, but it didn't appear in the game. Anyone familiar with installing this for iMac?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I've been getting back into RCT3, but it's been having a bit of trouble with the tower rides. For whatever reason, after a while, my observation towers/drop towers will refuse to let peeps off the ride; and they continue to ride it again and again until I close down the attraction. Reopening it doesn't fix it. Anyone ever get this problem?

This is a reply to an old message, but I don't believe anyone had an explanation for what is happening. There is a bug in RCT3 that causes peeps to get stuck on some rides after you load a saved game. For instance I have a coaster that ends underground, and I use elevators to transport the peeps back to the surface. At some point I found that hundreds of peeps were trapped underground waiting for the three elevators (which were all full). None of the peeps would exit when the elevators came to the unloading station. The only solution was to close the ride, and re-open it. Then all the peeps on board would appear at the exit. I finally figured out what was causing this. If there are 5 peeps on the elevator and I save the game and exit, then I reload that park, the 5 peeps that were on the elevator when I saved the game are now stuck on the elevator. This bug also effects the drop tower ride, and maybe more rides. After loading a saved game I'll check each of these rides to make sure there are no peeps stuck on them. If there are, I close and reopen the ride to clear them out.

edit: Removed the reference to the monorail. This bug does not affect it, as I originally stated.

Edited by mabuttra

Hi,

I have recently really started getting into RCT3 and I am now starting my own park via custom scenarios after playing the career modes.

I have now started trying to download and install custom scenery and rides. I have been fine with the scenery, that seems to work and my first track ride worked but custom flat rides don't. I have followed tutorials and read the read me's, created the custom directory, placed the files in the right place (I think, where the read me's have said anyway), tried over and over again but no luck.

The problem is, most of the time the flat rides show up, it lets me select them and place them but the cars/cups/seats, basically non of the moving parts exist. It's just the base and background of the ride but no seating or moving bits. Also in the box that shows up to the bottom right hand corner of the screen (where you turn the ride on, look at details, select que/exit), only the on/off, info and dust bin are there. Although there is a on/off flag, the ride cannot be turned on.

Does anyone know what causes this and how to solve it? I have already been on quite a few sites looking for others who have had this problem but I have not been able to find anything about an issue like this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I have been building a park in RCT3, but after my last save it will not let me play it. It says I have to install an add on, however it doesn't tell me what this add on is. I have all the expansion packs, and I only have one CTR, which has worked with no problems before. Any ideas?

I'm trying to build a coaster similar to King's Dominion's Outer Limits: Flight of Fear, with a separate station for the entrance and exit (i.e., peeps get on at one station but get off at the second). I have the ride constructed with the separate stations, but no one is riding it. Paths are fine to the entrance and exit, and the ride is well within ridable limits on nausea, excitement, and intensity. Any suggestions?

• 2 months later...

Hey guys so I'm trying to download old spice custom pools for a water park that im working on but it doesn't work. When I open the installer and check the boxes and click install, it just says "could not install selected components." There is also a data folder with all the a bunch of folders that contain ovls but I don't know where to put that. Any help is appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
I'm trying to build a coaster similar to King's Dominion's Outer Limits: Flight of Fear, with a separate station for the entrance and exit (i.e., peeps get on at one station but get off at the second). I have the ride constructed with the separate stations, but no one is riding it. Paths are fine to the entrance and exit, and the ride is well within ridable limits on nausea, excitement, and intensity. Any suggestions?

Make sure the paths leading to the ride have a direct route to the main walkway of peeps. Sometimes you just have to wait. OR sometimes there is a ride near it that has a massive que, sucking up all the guests. Usually if you close that ride, the peeps will disperse and maybe notice your ride.

Hope this helps.

• 4 weeks later...

I've asked this on a few other sites, but I haven't received any help.

In a new park I'm making, called Marine Gardens, I have 2 shows. The Killer Whale Show and the Dolphin Show. The problem is, when I open them, they allow people on but they do not let them off. Also, the shows never play, even if I made one in the mix master creator. Any solutions?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok guys so I have RCT3 Platinum edition with both add ons and so today I tried to open my water park and it said "add ons not installed" so I go back out to the main menu and then try to open the file again, and this time it says, "cannot read park file. File may be corrupted." Does any body know what this means and how to fix it?

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about importing custom scenery. I have been using the RCT3 importer and Sketchup, and I noticed that it works perfectly well but the colors on the objects are just very "flat." Is this just a function of the textures or the bmp export, and is there a way to make it match the in-game graphics a bit better? Also on that note, when the ASE exporter runs, it warns about groups with more than 500 faces, though in game this doesn't really seem to have an effect. Will that become an issue when the park becomes more complicated? Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Does this run ok on Windows 8?

I'm running on 8, works fine. Not sure on 8.1, haven't upgraded.

If I want Steel Jungle supports or other downloadable add-ons, what do I do after downloading the programs to get them to appear on the game? Sorry if thats a stupid question.

While Im at it, how do I get my own music into the game?

Scenery generally goes in your hard disk files under RCT3/Style/Themed. However, some other files need to have other folders modified, so check any readmes included with your download to get the files in the right places so they work in game.

Imported music goes in your user profile's Music/RCT3 folder. Just make sure the game looks there when you're playing (there should be a little check box that says something like "Use music from My Music/RCT3 folder" under Options).

• 3 weeks later...

There's two pretty easy ways to go into your guest's perspective. The first is naming a peep "Jonny Watts" which literally takes you into perspective of your guests. However, since the peeps can't be directly controlled, there's not really any good way to line up a shot with this method. This method works fine for perspective on certain places you can't normally get (inside aquariums and pathways where navigation is difficult, for example), but no results can be fully guaranteed from it.

If you're looking to get shots that can represent (but may not fully replicate) a guest's view, try changing your camera in your options. Freelook is my favorite, and it allows for almost infinite angles and possibilities for shots of your projects (just takes a bit to get used to the altered control scheme). It works really well for both overviews and detailed shots of what a guest's perspective might be because you can move the camera practically everywhere.

Another tip I'd like to give for screenshots is to name a peep "David Walsh" and then press Ctrl+U. Since a screenshot takes a snap of whatever's on the screen, this normally includes all the menus. This little cheat toggles them out of the way so they're not blocking your shot. I included a personal screenshot below showing the versatility of Freelook along with the removal of menus from the David Walsh cheat.

Shot0166.bmp

• 3 weeks later...

I just started playing with CS, and have run into problems with a few sets. While Moby's Steel Jungle, Steelworx, ATH catwalk set, and a couple other sets all work fine, I cannot get Gadget's Goodies or Ody's goodies to show up in-game. I have put them in the same directory as the others, unzipped them directly into the directory Program files (x86)/Atari/Rollercoaster Tycoon 3/ Styles/Themed, but they still won't show up!! I am running RCT3 Platinum on Windows 8.1. I saw someone a couple years ago had a similar problem, but he never posted how he solved it..... HELP!!

I just started playing with CS, and have run into problems with a few sets. While Moby's Steel Jungle, Steelworx, ATH catwalk set, and a couple other sets all work fine, I cannot get Gadget's Goodies or Ody's goodies to show up in-game. I have put them in the same directory as the others, unzipped them directly into the directory Program files (x86)/Atari/Rollercoaster Tycoon 3/ Styles/Themed, but they still won't show up!! I am running RCT3 Platinum on Windows 8.1. I saw someone a couple years ago had a similar problem, but he never posted how he solved it..... HELP!!

You didn't read the readme's in the folders. Certain CS sets require extra work to be done. For example NF Particle Effects and Invisible DooDads require extra things to be done. or you didn't go deep enough into the folder. Sometimes they'll be u wanted junk in the sets. To fix this just keep clicking on the set until you get to files that look like you need them. Sometimes you'll have unwanted readme's or extra acknowledgements to the peole who built the set.

• 2 weeks later...

I have rct3 on mac, and I have two problems.

Firstly, sometimes CS I download works fine, and sometimes hovering my mouse over them crashes the entire game. I can still get quite a lot of CS and most of the essentials (Steelworx etc.), but is there any way I could fix this issue so I can get everything??

Also, at night, everything seems fine watching over the park, but the second I go on POV, all roller coasters appear in white, whether I'm on a flat ride or the coaster itself. You can see from the second screenshot that it's only nearby pieces of track that appear in white, as well as the cars on the track and certain nearby scenery. I think it has something to do with the lights, even though I'm using the in-game lights mostly.

1) Everything seems nice and normal

2) Nearby track/scenery appears white, even water bodies (not included in picture)

p.s. it's the App Store version if that helps...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I just recently got RCT3 again and started making a new park. Everything works fine, except for a few things:

The first thing is that I can't load images for my custom billboards. I tried changing the Command Prompt, but that doesn't seem to work with Windows 8. All my pictures are in my default "My Pictures" folder, including the RCT3 images folder itself. I even tried moving the images I wanted to the RCT3 folder in the "My Pictures" folder, but still no luck.

The second thing is that whenever I press "F10" to take screenshots in the game, I can't find them outside the game anywhere. There are only like four of the snapshots I took in the game, but none of the others.

And the last problem is music. I have the box ticked in in my settings to allow importing music from my computer, but still no luck, even with the rct3 music folder in my "My Music" folder, and my soundtracks being in the RCT3 music folder. In fact, I don't even see anything about custom music in the game when i try to select a track for a coaster.

BTW, I have an HP 2000-2b09wm laptop, which came out in 2012.

If anybody could please help me with any of these issues that would be rad and I thank you in advance!

**EDIT: I have figured out the screenshot and music issues, thanks anyways though.