TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes they show up in different folders within the game. Most sets appear in the "Walls" folder, but some (like shyguy's Rocks, for example) will appear in the normal "Scenery" folder. They may also not follow alphabetical order, so be sure to look around.

Also, open the folders you downloaded all the way through. Some creators put the folder that needs to be imported within a different folder. It's the one that contains the first set of .ovl files (they should be called something like style common and style unique), plus another folder or two that contains the actual pieces. If you import the wrong files, they will either not show in the game, or give you a "no svd for sid" error message.

Which set did you get? I might be able to help you more if I know which set you're using.

Hi Guys, i searched but didn't see an answer. I just started playing the game and i built a basic train. I made two different stations. Station one seems to be working okay. Station two, the peeps get off the train, but will not enter the queue to get back on the train. I've tried moving the entrance to the second station to different spots along the track with no luck. I've opened and closed the ride, and put it in and out of construction mode with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

Is it possible to make a park larger than 254x254 in custom scenario. If so, how?

Hi Guys, i searched but didn't see an answer. I just started playing the game and i built a basic train. I made two different stations. Station one seems to be working okay. Station two, the peeps get off the train, but will not enter the queue to get back on the train. I've tried moving the entrance to the second station to different spots along the track with no luck. I've opened and closed the ride, and put it in and out of construction mode with no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

It's one of the two:

1. Is the train used as a transport ride, the only way to enter and exit an area?

If so, don't use it as the only way to enter and exit an area. Peeps will only see it as a "Ride". They don't recognize that it's the only way to enter and exit an area. Try creating a path to link the areas.

2. You want your peeps to get back on the ride after they've got off?

If so, what is the point of having a second station if that's what your trying to acomplish? Just make 1 station.

If something else, please state what.

Edited by JonnyRCT3

• 3 weeks later...

Press F10 in the game to take a screencap. They will save to your Pictures/RCT3 folder in whatever resolution you have been playing the game in (usually 1024x768). Resize it down to fit on the forum (800x600 or smaller), and then upload your files one by one using the file upload feature when you write a post (just below the main text box). Big files will take a while to upload (even in 800x600), so be patient.

I'd recommend taking your shots with the Freelook camera. Go into Options, and change the camera. It's a bit harder to control, but it allows you to get more varied shots than the normal camera allows for. Another tip I'd recommend using is the David Wash cheat. Name a peep David Walsh and press Ctrl+U. All the sidebars and menus become hidden, cleaning up your images. When you're done taking stills, press Ctrl+U again to bring the menu bars back.

If you plan on starting your own thread, have several shots with substance to them. Don't start with one lousy screencap unless you want your thread to go from zero to locked in a few minutes. If you don't have a lot done yet that warrants several shots, feel free to post an image here in our Preview Thread to let us know what you're up to.

By the way, welcome to TPR!

^^Depending on what OS you are running, adding pictures could require a directory change in order to import files into the game (Vista or 7 changed the format of the Pictures folder from the game's native XP, so the game needs to locate the new directory). There's several YouTube videos on how to do the fix, and get your files into the game.

Making the signs themselves is a pretty easy process. Just go into Paint and put some text over an image. In the game, click on Scenery and then Billboards. If the fix worked, your images should pull up, along with any sub-folders you may have (I'd recommend creating a folder just for your billboards to keep it more organized). Simply click the image you want to use, and place the billboard in your park.

• 4 weeks later...

When ever I download custom scenery, put it in the correct folder and click on it in the game an error comes up. It says "no .svd for .sid". The strange thing is that I downloaded LoneWolf's Jurassic Park River Adventure CTR it worke fine. But when I downloaded Alpine Village Set , Main Street Set 1, or Amity Boat Tours I got the message What should I do?

^Double check. Triple check.

Some creators put the folder that needs to go in Themed (or elsewhere) inside another folder. Open your files all the way through, and see if the files are deeper than the first. The folder you need to place inside Themed (or elsewhere) contains the set, plus files "stylecommon.ovl" and "styleunique.ovl". Find that folder, and put that where it needs to go.

Some sets also require one or both expansions to run in order to function. Make sure the set is compatible with your game.

• 1 month later...

There's numerous directories for RCT3 files (tracks and parks are part of Documents, whereas the technicals like scenery and the actual ride styles are on the hard drive).

There should be a Parks folder along with Scenarios in the RCT3 folder located in Documents. Put the DAT files where needed (Sandbox mode goes into Parks, and Scenario should be easy to figure out), and they should pull up in their respective locations.

• 2 weeks later...

How to make a full-full roll on a 4d? I tried 0-180-360-360....(onwards)

but at 360, it tries to rotate a full 360 degrees every time it comes to a new track piece, instead of remaining at the 360 position throughout all the pieces set at 360.

no problem with other angle values so far, succeeded in a pretzel loop (140 degrees thoughout 8 track pieces) and a vertical loop(180 degrees)

I've been getting back into RCT3, but it's been having a bit of trouble with the tower rides. For whatever reason, after a while, my observation towers/drop towers will refuse to let peeps off the ride; and they continue to ride it again and again until I close down the attraction. Reopening it doesn't fix it. Anyone ever get this problem?