TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but as far as I know, the piece does absolutely nothing unless it's placed directly after the station. It's supposed to make the train launch gradually as opposed of cannonballing out of the station. The more pieces you place in a row directly after the station, the more gradual the launch is.

When ever I try to download anything from old spice it takes me to this adobe flash reader thing, then it says file cannot be open !!!! But I see people using things from old spice all the time. Does anyone know whats wrong???

7-Zip is much better and it's free.

I don't know of the user Old-Spice's nationality, but for some reason a lot of the custom content creators that hail from Europe like to use RAR compression.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having some serious trouble.

It is like ringing a bell when I try to change some wallpapers and they seem not to be in the My Pictures map. They used to be there a second ago when I changed an billboard-thingy, when changing/adding another billboard with in example the same (or a different) picture, there are just purple if I'm right blocks.

Than the game gets stuck and I see this:

When pointing my mouse towards, it will disappear. Perhaps you experienced the same or just do know what is wrong? It occasionally started with the billboard-issue, but later on the game just froze when trying to add an Atlantis wall of 1 height... Weird?

Hope you can help me out as I'm on a project that will be on this forum too...

So I just installed Wild on top of my previous Soaked installation. It runs fine, all my old stuff is still there - but when I load a saved game I'd made in Soaked, none of the new rides from Wild are available. I find this especially odd since the buttons for adding animals are there. Is there any way to use the new rides in this save?

I'm pretty sure opening your saved game in the scenario editor and going to "setup inventions" will let you get the Wild objects into it. You can still save it as a "park" and open it in the Sandbox mode like usual afterward.

Edited by A.J.

Lack of custom scenery won't make the game crash; it will just leave blanks wherever there's a piece of custom scenery that you don't have installed.

However, I believe that lack of the saved game's necessary custom flat/tracked rides will make the game crash.

• 3 weeks later...

No you shouldn't be worried. It does not limit anything. It probably means that the RCT3 maps that are in "My Documents" are ticked as "Read Only" in the properties. You can remove this by going to "My Documents" and then right click on the "RCT3" map. Then choose Properties. Untick "read only" and hit Ok or Apply. That should remove the warning.

If thats not the problem, then I don't know what is. But it doesn't limit anything or create problems, just the annoying pop-up.

The problem with your water can be that your graphic settings has been set back to minimal or something? Or do you have multiple water area's at different heights? Cause only the largest waterbody is reflecting, along with other waterbody's at the same height

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, you can see the actual scenery item that the fire comes from if you to into construction mode (building a ride, placing scenery, placing a path, etc).

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, so I'm attempting (there's the key word there, Attempting) to do the World of Color show at California Adventure in RCT3. While I'm only going to do the opening and closing themes and try to do somewhat of a recreation with my own stuff in it, I can't even get the song onto RCT3. I downloaded it off of YouTube and put it in the RCT3 music folder as an mp3 file, along with some other music, and it doesn't show up in the game at all. Am I doing something wrong here?

your doing it right but you just have to go into the options menu in game and check the box that says, "Use music from My Music/RCT3 folder" and your good to go

Okay, so I'm attempting (there's the key word there, Attempting) to do the World of Color show at California Adventure in RCT3. While I'm only going to do the opening and closing themes and try to do somewhat of a recreation with my own stuff in it, I can't even get the song onto RCT3. I downloaded it off of YouTube and put it in the RCT3 music folder as an mp3 file, along with some other music, and it doesn't show up in the game at all. Am I doing something wrong here?

your doing it right but you just have to go into the options menu in game and check the box that says, "Use music from My Music/RCT3 folder" and your good to go

To add to that, remember that the folder structure is changed in Vista and 7 - "My Music" doesn't exist. You'd have to re-route the folder so that RCT3 knows where to find the tracks. Essentially, you need to do the "Vista Billboard Fix" but with the Music folder instead of the Pictures folder.

If you're running XP, you have nothing to worry about though.

So I have a MAC first of all, so I need some MAC help.

I don't know much about using my MAC. I have RCT3 and I want to know how to download all these cool things (new cars, brake run rails, lift walkways, cool supports) and I have no idea how to get that kind of stuff, or how to save save and apply it. Can someone help me?!

So I have a MAC first of all, so I need some MAC help.

I don't know much about using my MAC. I have RCT3 and I want to know how to download all these cool things (new cars, brake run rails, lift walkways, cool supports) and I have no idea how to get that kind of stuff, or how to save save and apply it. Can someone help me?!

To install it, I'm not sure, I use Windows. I only know that Custom Scenerys should be unziped in the "style/themed" directory of your RCT3 game. To get CS and cfr, I suggest you to search on google, because most of the RCT3 CS websites closed, including Vodhin's community, Das Matze's RCT3 Island, and rct-something.de, which was repertoring all custom scenery's or almost.

If you want to search, here are a couple of sets you should REALLY get :

• Most of Das Matze's, including fences, office day, swizz it!, utilities (contains excellent footers for custom supports) etc.
  • ATH Catwalks, for catwalks on the side of your lifts
  • Jcat's Steelworks - supports, not very customizable but good starters
  • Moby's Steel jungle V.1 - custom supports, customizable but complicated
  • big burger's Timbers, custom wooden supports
  • etc.

As I said, I can't help for mac installation, I suggest you to wait for a reply or search on google or a video tutorial on youtube. Good luck !