TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okokokok. I downloaded the Griffon CTR, Put the car & track in the right place, then I put the accesories into the Themed folder, but when I went in-game I only had the CTR and no accesories. I really need the Catwalks to be honest. So can anybody help me?

• 2 weeks later...

Ok sorry if this has been asked before but I downloaded RCT3 Platinum from atari and I don't have a Style/Themed folder so I don't have a folder to download custom scenery into. I've tried to make a folder and it didn't work. So does any one know if I'm just waisting my time trying to get custom scenery or is there a way you can get the folder to put custom scenery in?

First off, you HAVE to have a Style > Themed directory, because the pre-loaded in-game scenery is in there as well.

It's probably hidden. you'll want to set up Windows to show hidden files and folders for your RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum directory (do a Google search, this isn't a PC help thread).

• 2 weeks later...

So I tried to download the Neton2 pack with the 40 CSO sets in one, and the first time I downloaded it automatically only the custom scenarios would appear in the game. So then the second time I downloaded them to the Style folder and everything appeared but freezed the game when every I tryied to do anything with the objects. Any helps would be appreciated.

^ You need to make sure that you have extracted the file or files from the .zip or .rar before copying them into your C:\Program Files\Atari\RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum\Style\Custom\(Name of CFR creator) folder. For whatever reason I have found that this causes the no svd for sid error. Hope that helps

Well there are tut's on youtube that are much more helpful but this is basically it:

-Make sure you have a program that converts rar files such as Winrar

-This is because some CS that you download are rar files

-In this steps below i'm going to put the program as Winrar

-Find the file that you've downloaded (should be in your downloads folder or wherever you've saved it to)

-Using winrar, right click on the file then click extract to

-Just extract it to your downloads folder

-Now you should just have the file/multiple files and sometimes an installation guide

-Then put the folder that you've downloaded, lets say its Shy's Main Street Set 1 into:

C:/Program Files/Atari/RollerCoaster Tycoon 3/Style/Themed

Thats it really, it's a bad tutorial since i'm not very good at doing them but if your still not sure then just look one up on youtube

It should be noted (this is the biggest problem for people installing custom content) that in Vista and 7, RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 is located in the "Program Files (x86)" folder.

You have to go through Tools -> Scenario Editor then locate your park by pressing load once the scenario editor opens, select the dropdown menu and choose 'Parks' and choose your park. In one of the menus on the side you have the option of expanding the land.