TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

All I can tell you is to build the ride using the normal omnimover (B&M) track, then build the monster truck track directly over top of it (with the options.txt edit, of course) - but I don't know how they line up.

I read through it, but it doesn't say anything about putting ertain cars on different tracks.

I'm trying to use the omnimover cars on the Haunted Hotal track (because I want to use sharp turns for my newer dark rides).

What I was saying was to use the "Allow Track Intersect [x]" options to build the Haunted Hotel track over top of the Omnimover track.

If you really don't want to do that, you have to use the CTR Creator.

I read through it, but it doesn't say anything about putting ertain cars on different tracks.

I'm trying to use the omnimover cars on the Haunted Hotal track (because I want to use sharp turns for my newer dark rides).

What I was saying was to use the "Allow Track Intersect [x]" options to build the Haunted Hotel track over top of the Omnimover track.

If you really don't want to do that, you have to use the CTR Creator.

"Allow Track Intersect" still wouldn't allow me to use the sharp turns from the Haunted Hotel track.

How would I go about the second option? (CTR Creator) -Please don't hold back on details.

Another problem I have is that whenever I place a food stall in the game, it takes 30 seconds for the stall to be placed. Then if I click on a stall or even a scenery item (trees or walls) that has been placed, it also takes 30 seconds for the options bubble to appear. Is there any way to stop this from happening? My game never did this before.

Where can I find a scenery list?

Rct-world.de and shy-guy's CS list doesn't work for me.

P.S. I'm making a park but I don't know what to call it, any ideas?

I was thinking of calling it Discovery Park but I don't know if that is already a park or not.

Another problem I have is that whenever I place a food stall in the game, it takes 30 seconds for the stall to be placed. Then if I click on a stall or even a scenery item (trees or walls) that has been placed, it also takes 30 seconds for the options bubble to appear. Is there any way to stop this from happening? My game never did this before.

Hey there all of you...

I'm new to this forum so hoping someone can help me out on this one.

I have seen some awesome movies and pics from some spectaculair coasters on RCT3.

Now I'm trying to build one but I stumble upon a designers question...

How can I get the rocks (of any kind) to overlap each other?

That way I can make a rocky surface (or wall) without those stupid gaps in between the rocks.

I've seen on the movies (eg. Winter Wonderland) that it is possible, yet the maker isn't there to respond.

If anyone knows the trick, please do tell

Thanks for your time and assistance.

PiCa

Edited by QueerRudie

More than likely the rocks you see are custom scenery objects.(CSOs) They don't have the same spacial requirements as the stock scenery. This is for walls and pathcovers as well. There is a decent list here at shyguy's world. Otherwise there are countless other sites that have custom scenery, rides, coaster trains, etc. Hope this helps.

Yeah, you are likely seeing custom scenery. I don't recommend you download all the sets you see, as it will increase your load time one hundred fold. I do recommend the basic sets though.

I recommend nearly everything on the first page, and most of everything on the second. Anything with the creator of shyguy is a must have.

That would give you the bare basics. The rocks you are searching for are the first on the page. You simply extract the sets to your desktop, then cut and paste them into your rct3/style/themed folder.

Edited by QueerRudie