TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Official RCT3 Help Thread

So I was playing around with it some more. I don't think order has anything to do with it. I think it is more the largest body of water gets the reflection. I have come to the same conclusion that it is just a matter of the game engine not rendering reflections for more than one body of water. Thank you for trying to help.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a CFR called pandora jump on RCT-3.org (German site) and it says to not download without permission of the creator (rocker79)

How do i contact him i cant find him on atari or themeparkreview

Is the file up for download? If yes, how can he stop you???? Just asking.

Have you tried Googling "rocker79?" Sometimes that will lead you to the creator.

I'm trying to undertake the monumental task of custom supporting a wooden coaster. The problem I run into is that the support killers(SK) that I have won't kill the supports all the way to the track. If I raise it to the highest level before the track, it usually leaves one segment of In-game supports. Not to mention it gives the ugly support killer shadow. If I bury the support killer below the ground one height level, removing the shadow for that SK, it has no effect. I mainly use the SK in JCat's Steelworks, but I have another in one of the catwalk sets that gives me the same problem. What SK's do you use or recommend? is there a way around the SK shadow besides burying it or turning off shadows? Thanks

You need to turn the draw distance for your supports off in the options. It's the quickest, most hassle free way, especially if the woodie is the only coaster in the park and it is being fully supported.

I use invisible paths to kill wood supports. The only problem that you would have is with the landscaping.

EDIT: Does anyone know how to make a single track invisible while still having another track visible?

The only was is to create the track you want invisible as an invisible track using the Revolutionary Rides mod. There is a download that has this created with all cars available on one track in game. I'm assuming you are making the invisible track something like a train or a water ride.

http://www.ataricommunity.com/forums/showpost.php?p=11766773&postcount=43

Here is the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?mjmlmemnmzm

Unpack it to your RCT3dir\tracks\TrackedRides directory (you need to install the invisible track for it to work).

That should do it.. You have to have the Invisible Track installed through the CTR Creator though. Some quick googling of 'Revolutionary Rides' and 'CTR Creator' should solve that.

To the mods: This isn't my file, so it isn't uploaded to the exchange.

Thanks! I am actually trying to create a coaster like Revolution at Magic Mountian.

To my understanding, I would be able to use the CTR Creator to make a coaster with the mini coaster track but then switch to the looping coaster track when I select the loop from the elements index. Is this correct? If so, then I would like to know how to do this. Thanks in advance.

Here's a question for you guys, any of your running RCT3 off of an external hard drive?

I bought a 1TB drive on Saturday, now I want to see if I can run it off it. Or at least install it so that it looks to the External for the game files (music, pics, scenery, etc.). Not sure it's doable, but I want to see if it'll speed it up.

Thanks! I am actually trying to create a coaster like Revolution at Magic Mountian.

To my understanding, I would be able to use the CTR Creator to make a coaster with the mini coaster track but then switch to the looping coaster track when I select the loop from the elements index. Is this correct? If so, then I would like to know how to do this. Thanks in advance.

Yes, you would be able to do that. I don't have tons of experience combining tracks. But to my knowledge you would simply copy the track pieces from the minicoaster, and then copy and paste the two loop segments from the looping coaster into the bahndaten, and the wagendaten you need to have the looping coaster cars selected, not the minicoaster cars. It's a simple process on the surface, but there's always unforseen issues... So if you encounter them, simply redo the process from start to finish.

I have the CTR Creator now, and I want to make CTRs. However, when I attempt to save the CTR, I get a message that says "16,000 is not a valid floating point value". It does this for all values.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.

Edited by Twitch

hey guys, so im getting back into RCT3, and i have the Neton 2.1 scenery pack, but the included support killer is leaving odd shadows, is that normal? Also, is there a better support back than the included one, cuz im not a fan of it.

Also, it doesnt seem like the mainstreet scenery pack was included and the links yall posted a while back seem to be dead, is there another place to get them?

It is normal for the support killer to leave shadows on the ground. The best way to get rid of the shadow is to sink the support killer below the ground.

Shyguy's World is a good place to look for any of the shyguy sets.

I have the CTR Creator now, and I want to make CTRs. However, when I attempt to save the CTR, I get a message that says "16,000 is not a valid floating point value". It does this for all values.

EDIT: Nevermind. I figured it out.

So, how do you do it. I have the same problem.

The first thing that I did was write the CTR_Bahndaten without the program. (With Notepad and the models. There are examples in the CTR Creator folder. There is also a tutorial at RCT Lounge on how to do this. Just google search RCT3 CTR Creator tutorial). When that is done, save it and click on the button that says GUI for CTR_BahnDaten. It should bring up the CTR _Creator assistent. At the top of the window, "click open ride" and open the CTR_BahnDaten that you saved earlier. This should replace all of the ","s with "."s. For example, 16,000 becomes 16.000. When it's loaded, make sure that everything is right, and make any final adjustments and hit "Save Ride(*.txt)". It should save the information as a .txt document. Close the assistant and hit "Read CTR_BahnDaten.txt". Select that same notepad document, and then hit "Create Ride.ovls". Finally, hit "Install Ride.ovls in RCT3". Let me know if anything is not clear, and I will try to make it easier to understand.

The McDonalds scenery you saw was probably the McDoughnuts set, which I believe is in one of the NetOn packs. I don't know about the station though. Following up the station question, Is there any way to make a station platform invisible via the CTR Creator or other means?

Edited by Twitch

help, I can't get any pictures to load on my game, so I can use billboards. I put the pictures in the RCT3 picture folder, but when I play the game, they're not loading within the game. Can anyone help me?

Edited by djbrcace1234

The path changed when windows updated their OS. There are plenty of videos on youtube that explain it. This one is Vista, but it is the same issue and it worked the same for me. Someone please correct me if it's different.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_x8ot08W9U