TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Announcing CoasterTube! TPR's New Video Section!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Robb,

I had some serious problems when trying to upload a video to coastertube:

Tried it with my mac (Opera, Firefox and Safari), but when I click on the upload button nothing happens (maybe a script problem with the upload progress bar, which should be normally displayed after clicking on the button).

So I switched to my windows machine and could successfully upload my video with IE 7.0. But after the progress bar reached the end, the site starts to reload like forever.. Waited for more than 15 minutes, then I closed my IE. I suppose that the videos ("Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.wmv" and "Six Flags Discovery Kingdom 2.wmv") has been uploaded and you can see them on your server, but there's no mapping between the videos and my account so I cannot see them...

Thanks for any help,

Ivan

PS: if the player can handle *.m4v as well, would be nice to allow the filetype for upload.

• 2 weeks later...

So I think CoasterTube is almost ready for prime time. I see a TON of videos have been uploaded in the past couple of weeks and none of them seem to be having any problems.

The only real issue is sometimes the video gets all squashed to the top of the screen. I put a note that says "If the video doesn't display properly to refresh the browser" as that's the only thing I can see right now to help fix that.

Is anyone having any other problems recently?

--Robb

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to stop the buffering/downloading of an embedded Coastertube video when you open a forum thread? When I'm reading through the forums, the embedded videos immediately start buffering and it takes a long time to leave the page (either clicking a new link or hitting the back button). This is even worse when there are more than one embedded video on a page. I got stuck on page 8 of this thread and after sitting for over five minutes trying to get pass the page, I had to close Internet Explore all together and restart it. Embedded Youtube videos don't start buffering/downloading until you hit the play button. Is there any way to mimic this?

Also, what are the requirements and limits to uploading videos to Coastertube? I thought it was mentioned at one point, but I can't seem to find it. Or am I confusing it with the old uploading rules?

• 2 weeks later...

Robb I'm going crazy from not being able to watch Coaster Tube videos so I have finally decided to let you know.

Whenever I try to watch a Coaster Tube video it loads EXTREMELY slow. A one minute video loads in like 20 minutes!

I have high speed internet and I use Fire Fox... Any ideas what wrong?

Well it's an m4v file and the web browser is Safari. Is there some sort of size limit where it refuses to upload a video too large? If so, that might explain why it won't upload.

^ Right, but I need to know, is the upload button not active, is it "grayed out" etc.

This problem seems to be isolated to just a few people and I'm trying to figure out what may be common among everyone where it worked a month ago, but it doesn't work now.

--Robb

^The upload button does appear, but when I click on it, the uploading bar flashes for a second, and then it disappears and it's like I never pushed the button.

• 5 months later...

Okay I notice alot of uploads are not uploading correctly right now. Can you please tell me if you have had this issue recently and post a few pieces of info about the video file please.

The info that we need is:

1) The file size

2) The file type

3) Is the file getting uploaded 100% before the page directs

Also any extra info you can give will be very helpful.

Thanks,

-Craig