TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: Robb's Trip Around The World!

No duck head Elissa? I guess Robb can bring you a pigs head instead, or maybe duck feet

WOW, man one of these days I have to get to some of these awesome places you guys get to see

Nice pictures

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I got into this late!

Awesome TR all around so far! Fat ACEr's swanky hotels, awesome HK architecture, a ridiculous indoor coaster, 85 million escalators, an amazing sky ride... this one's got it all. Great stuff Robb!

And BiCoastal beat me to the explanation of the two bank towers. Doh!

Albert "One of these days I'll earn enough money to travel like royalty... or at least Robb" Lam

I miss you! =(

Bring me back something cool! (Not a Duck Head!)

That is sad.... poor Elissa..... Don't worry he'll soon be home.... I spent three weeks in Denver last year with work and left my wife (to be at the time) at home. It was horrible but it passes before you know it

Black" and six flags wasn't open in Denver.. it was going to be my first experience at six flags"current

^ Hey Mark, thanks for clearing that up! And welcome to the boards. Any idea what the story is on the Sky Train?

Anyway, tonight we had a company function that was in the club district of Hong Kong. Really nice area and the restaurant/club was really odd. First we got dinner, then we got Elvis! :shock:

Yes, it's true! Have a look at the photos.....

hk76.jpg.a439c017a19d6d3ad6aceff7c876f611.jpg

This was an add for some bridge or something. Jeff, does it count as a credit?

hk77.jpg.de6c557cee64019ea39da3d355e13329.jpg

Starbucks, KFC, and 7-11. 'Nuff Said!

hk73.jpg.58c4a29287649165d1868774c9e7df84.jpg

Just some more random photos of the area, and of course, more red and white Taxis!

hk67.jpg.9110d0acf8e4e0ebaaa8e6022fada171.jpg

BOOOOO!!! I did NOT go in the California Place!!!

hk66.jpg.6ff5a9347bff1a4320eed89caf58a2cd.jpg

There area it was in was pretty upscale and reminded me more and more of Tokyo.

hk72.jpg.83cd4149ebcaf9a7ae07dd5dd21f37f8.jpg

First we got dinner...then we got Elvis. Yup....

hk70.jpg.89ef1aeb7a0b4bb817f75db4d623547c.jpg

A lot of the guys really appreciated this! =)

hk71.jpg.f8597beb8cada16fd4f7d458f5a2cab9.jpg

The dinner/club place was apparently some famous club in Hong Kong.

hk75.jpg.4dcac3627692b45776e395b5d8f26f8d.jpg

Here's a couple more for you "building enthusaists."

hk74.jpg.3d6e0babd8c0e3b884f9eeeb0a17de91.jpg

On the trip to the funky club we passed by some more cool looking buildings. I figured Rock would appreciate this! =)

*score*

That is, indeed, one funky building! Thanks! That makes me happy. 8)

But really Robb, how can you miss Two International? It's the really gigantically tall one built on reclaimed land across from the water your hotel... it's been *just* outside of a few of your pics. You've probably walked by it like 5 times by now!

If that sign is a credit, than RCDB is missing a few thousand from it's database.

AND you get to fly out of Chep Lap Kok airport... the largest airport terminal on earth... 135.9 square acres is a lot of floor. It just isn't fair.

^ Any idea what the story is on the Sky Train?

Once upon a time there was this powered coaster. A really high powered coaster. One night the powered coaster got so high that it drifted off into hibernation.

Honestly, I didn't even know this ride existed, so thanks for finding it.

-Mark

*score*

That is, indeed, one funky building! Thanks! That makes me happy. 8)

But really Robb, how can you miss Two International? It's the really gigantically tall one built on reclaimed land across from the water your hotel... it's been *just* outside of a few of your pics. You've probably walked by it like 5 times by now!

Is this the one:

hk78.jpg.ccead49b523fc1995ffe9a62e1ced739.jpg

^ NOOOOO not Sue! She honestly scares the crap out of me, I can't stop the disturbing images of her actually doing the things that she talks about on her show from popping into my head (no not that one!). That and the fact that she looks like my neighbour!

And the drinking age up here in Canada is 19!