TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Harry Potter

Curt

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say that The Half-Blood Prince has been my favorite book to date.

There was never a dull moment, each chapter kept my interest going and I couldn't wait to read on.

J.K. Rowling has done a wonderful job with her Harry Potter books, I eagerly await the final installment of this incredible journey of mister Harry Potter.

It was a really good book but of course it suffers from the fact that it's the second to last and the ending feels incomplete (which it should). I can't say it's my favorite book of the series, but it does the job it was supposed to do and that is set up the final chapter. It's the "Empire Strikes Back" part of the series and that's just fine by me. I just wish the last book would come out sooner.

I have started the first Harry Potter book up to a few pages, then I gave it to my brother. This were the first and last pages of HP, for me. It is not my world. However, I have seen each movie. I think that is enough Harry Potter for me!

--Sören "favorite author is Clive Cussler" Schomburg

The 7th movie might be rated R. Let's see. what person is a virgin at 17 these days, Harry has to murder Voldemort, there's going to be some swearing (obviously).

Aaah, this brings back memories of the first book. I read three chapters, put it on a chair, and started from the beginning a few months later. Then I read it about 30 times again, to this date.

For some reason, I got the 6th book twice. Yay, me!

I thought "Half Blood Prince" was the strongest of the books. Part of that is, of course, that she's writing at a more mature audience as she goes, so the books get more intricate. But even barring that, Order of the Phoenix was really meandering and could have used some good editing -- Half Blood Prince was a much tighter story.

But I still prefer Tolkein

• 1 month later...
The 7th movie might be rated R. Let's see. what person is a virgin at 17 these days, Harry has to murder Voldemort, there's going to be some swearing (obviously).

You are lead to believe Harry is going to kill Voldemort...don't you know her writing style by now? Things are never really as they seem. I never assume anything when I read her books, because most of the time I am dead wrong.

BTW...Book 6 was phenomenal. It was very sad, but very necessary to move the story along.

Edited by Teddymonster