TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cowabunga Bay waterpark

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realize this could be the theme for a new slide or two: Tower slides into a splash pool? The Baby Drop! Really fast tube slide? Express Delivery, of course!

How about a bunch of slalom turns so that I can say that I love the "C-Sections"?

*Audience Groan*

• 2 months later...

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/19629408/land-purchased-for-proposed-henderson-water-park

HENDERSON, NV (FOX5) - The Las Vegas Valley has been without a water park since Wet ‘n Wild closed back in 2004. With a recently announced land purchase, that could soon change.

Twenty-two acres of desert near the intersection of Gibson Road and Galleria Drive in Henderson have been purchased by Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas for more than $4.6 million.

Shane Huish, who owns Cowabunga Bay in Draper, UT, has partnered with Vegas Residential, LLC for the park.

Vegas Residential, LLC had planned to break ground and build a water park in the area earlier this year. With Huish now on board they hope it will become a reality. However, plans are still being worked out.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As to be expected with all prototypes the Pipe Rider had its fair share of "breaking in." As a matter of fact we invested quite a bit just to work out the many kinks and keep it running. With that said, I must also say that it was hugely popular with the guests! We have been working with the manufacturer on fixing the problems and the improved version will be up and running at the beginning of the season.