TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Coastertour 2009 USA - East Coast

scars

Hey all,

im 23 years and yes, im addicted to rollercoasters

Since we visited all amusement parks in europe we are about to visit to USA this year from May to June.

May you got some good advices for me ?

What should we await for the visits in parks, will they be very full ?

thanks

tour2.jpg.5a66d3139bc581511096235b5546dcac.jpg

google earth tour

tour1.jpg.bf69349025e3112ce4f51f6e93206224.jpg

tour

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a pretty good route planned out, but your completely missing Holiday World and Six flags Kentucky Kingdom, and the route you planned goes almost directly through them. You've definitely got to check out those two parks, they both have really friendly staff and are really enjoyable. Definitely two parks you don't want to miss.

^At GAdv, Superman: Ultimate Flight can get a very long line, so you should probably knock it out either after El Toro and before Kingda Ka, or just after both.

Also, I can tell it's a very long trip and you're trying to stick with larger parks, but while you in Pennsylvania Knoebel's is a great park, especially if you just want to sit back and relax.

Good luck!

Knoebels is less than an hour from both Hershey and Dorney, and has one of the best wooden coasters on the planet, Phoenix. It would be a real shame if you were to miss Phoenix, especially since you're doing Dorney which doesn't have any outstanding coasters. You should really think about going to Knoebels...

Oh, and Niagara Falls is 2 words.

Wherever there are flash passes or fast queue options available I can't recommend these enough if your budget allows it, especially for places like Great Adventure and Great America.

Knoebels and Holiday World are excellent parks, well worth visiting.

It is also worth noting that some coasters are particularly good at night like Ravine Flyer II, Boulder Dash & Phoenix.

At SF Great America, get there about 30 minutes early and head for Superman: Ultimate Flight. They let people into that park of the park only and you can line up early for it. If you wait on Superman, even on weekdays, the line is well over an hour within 30 minutes of opening. After that hit V2 and Raging Bull. Both lines can get over an hour by noon on weekdays. The Gold Flash pass for just 2 people will run about $100, so if you can hit those 3 early, you can do everything in a day easy.

My other advice is to hit Kiddieland on the same day as Indiana Beach. The park takes under 2 hours to do everything in the park twice. The place is a great throw back to the days of the 50's kiddielands that were everywhere in the country.

^At GAdv, Superman: Ultimate Flight can get a very long line, so you should probably knock it out either after El Toro.

I'm not a big fan of Superman but yeah ride that after KK & El Toro. Also DON'T SKIP KNOEBELS!!!! The airtime on Phoenix is AMAZING as is every ride in the park except the sky ride which I almost died on literally!

It's is unclear from your schedule but if you are staying in the Niagara falls area at night and then visiting the falls the next morning before heading to Waldameer, i suggest the following.

Try to visit Martin's Fantasy Island at night. They have a very cheap night time admission price and an awesome woodie that is very rerideable. Adding MFI to your itinerary would not force you to drive more than 20 minutes extra if you are staying in the Niagara Falls area one night.

Also, I agree with everyone who suggested replacing Dorney Park with Knoebels.

Hey all,

i forgot to allude one small notice, im from germany so my english isnt very good, but i try hard too write almost correct.

If you don't understand anything or some phrase made no sense please let me know.

first thank you for your replies

jds03

i know, Six Flags St. Louis is also not so far away, but we got only 21 days and this is in my opinion the best compromise.

King of Ka,niiicolaaah,BeemerBoy,downunder

thats what many people told me, knoebels seems to be a realy good park, but i got qualms because we're both not really big fans of wooden coasters (ok, maybe our wooden coasters here in europe sucks )

downunder, Mr Starr, monsterfan99

thanks for that advice with the flashpass. Do we have to mind something when we get them ?

Groteslurf, larrygator

when we finish Six Flags New England we drive as far as we come, im not sure that we make this ~400 miles on that evening, so we take a motel on the route, next day we will visit in the morning the Niagara Falls and later that day Waldameer to reach Sandusky on Saturday evening.

King of Ka,niiicolaaah,BeemerBoy,downunder

thats what many people told me, knoebels seems to be a realy good park, but i got qualms because we're both not really big fans of wooden coasters (ok, maybe our wooden coasters here in europe sucks )

I wasn't a big fan of woodies before I went to Knoebels. Ever since I rode the Phoenix I was hooked on them! I haven't been to Europe so I can't compare them to American woodies but you WILL NOT be disappointed at Knoebels!

Hey all,

thanks for that advice with the flashpass. Do we have to mind something when we get them ?

With some of the better wood coasters in the USA, it is not so much whether you are a fan of wood coasters but rather whether you a fan of airtime. Phoenix has extreme airtime and minimal restraints, one guy on the east coast tour was sitting on the lap of the person next to him by the end of the ride.

With flaspasses, you are a given a small electronic device which looks like a pager which you select what ride you want to ride and it tells you what time you can get on, and you go to a special entry which bypasses the line.

Hey all,

downunder, Mr Starr, monsterfan99

Great America is the pager style system. There are two version. The regular version you basically wait the same amount of time that you would in line but are free to do other things until the reservation time. The gold one is basically a 15 minute wait and your up, despite the number people in line.

One thing to remember is the cost of them. At great America they will run you $37 for 1 person and $24 for each extra person for the regular and $64 for one person and $44 for each extra person for the gold. There is a season pass discount if you have one (not sure on the percent). With that said, you only can use it on Batman, Superman, Raging Bull, Dark Kinght (at least last year you could, not on the site now), Iron Wolf, Whizzer, the drop tower, the rapids ride and a log flume. With the day of week and time of year, you should be ok without one. Most schools around here should still be in session due to the amount of snow days taken this year.