TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New Park Map For 2009 Season

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I'm so glad they finally re-made the map. These ones look much better! Their old ones were terrible and confused people, but what I'm still trying to figure out is why Six Flags did this now, with the economy in the toilet and other problems. I’m glad they finally did it but I still think they should really be economizing right now.

Overall, I like the design of the new maps much better. The detail is awesome!

However, in typical Six Flags fashion, they really dropped the ball where it mattered: coasters are clearly the emphasis of the map. If they are trying for the "family friendly" angle, IMO they should have put more emphasis on the family attractions! Hopefully the printed versions in the park offer more emphasis on the "family friendly" options.

Overall, I like the design of the new maps much better. The detail is awesome!

However, in typical Six Flags fashion, they really dropped the ball where it mattered: coasters are clearly the emphasis of the map. If they are trying for the "family friendly" angle, IMO they should have put more emphasis on the family attractions! Hopefully the printed versions in the park offer more emphasis on the "family friendly" options.

That's not true; look at the map again. What is the only land with a different brighter ground cover? Bugs Bunny World...sure draws my eyes to it.

A theme park map needs to be accurate and detailed---its purpose is for you to find everything. Who can do that with wildly exaggerated depictions of coasters, towers, etc.? We as park "experts" already know that the silly designs are way out of scale, but the parks' main audience, the general public, isn't always served.

Six Flags indeed did a good job redoing their maps.

Eric

Is there a reason why Scream's colors are changed?

Actually, I think its still the same colors. If you zoom in on the map on the actual website, you can faintly see blue between the yellow rails. It's just dominated by the yellow, making it look like they changed the color.

And I do think it's really funny they made sure to add the parking lot under Scream! Now all they need to make it perfect are the parking spaces.

^^^It's a different color, but compared to the giant detailed coaster layouts, it's very underwhelming. It doesn't even have a true representation of all the kids rides/activities in the land. And look at Thomas Town right next to it: it's barely noticeable!

Like I said, I hope the actual park version of the maps have some text or symbols to offset this. So I'll withhold my final judgement until I see one of those, but based on the picture I get the impression the whole family friendly angle isn't what the park is really going for...

SFMM even added the parking lot underneath Scream.

LOL.

Big improvement, especially for the SFMM map.

Wow. I haven't been to Six Flags MM since 2005. Looks different. Don't remember Tatsu being on my map or Terminator (of course), but yes, Flashback was. Hehehe.