TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Stitch's Great Escape

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The big reason I don't like SGE is not because AE was sooo much better.(Well AE was better!) It's because they had a chance to make a really fun ride with Stitch,but they didn't. I would have liked it if they made a ride that we were with Stitch in the red spaceship escaping to Earth! SGE may have looked good on paper,but they didn't use it in the best way possible! They did not put the money into it.

Well, I think they spent their entire budget on Stitch, the DNA cannons and the new chamber. I still think that the interaction you get with the audio animatronic Stitch is much better than a ride that just features him. A way to explain what I mean by featuring him would be, Disney could of taken the Astro Orbiters and changed the vehicles to the space cruisers in Lilo and Stitch and slapped a Stitch sticker on them. I think that the Imagineers did a superb job making a ride with Stitch, given their conditions.

In a word: horrible! It is too bad that Disney felt the need to dumb down and make more "family friendly" the one original attraction idea they have had in years. The whole Magic Kingdom is for kids! How about just ONE adult attraction?

Or better yet, finally build that adult theme park that everyone has been asking for.

I think its the stupidest thing for them to take out alien encounter for a little girl "stitch" ride. they totally ruined the fun of being scared. they are probably going to rename the place sissy world and take out all the big rides. they totally f$^^$$ up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't work for Disney, I have no say in what they do... but I really wished they had kept the original AE and perhaps built it up in EPCOT Center. It fit in so nicely in Tomorrowland but it would have also gone along well in EPCOT's futuristic setting.

I understand that Magic Kingdom is geared more towards family fun than the kind of "scary" ride that AE was, but like some people said the word TERROR was built into the name! I mean... could a family take their kid on Tower Of TERROR and expect Barney and Big Bird?

The argument I have heard a couple of times now that the bold terror part in Alien Encounter's name was enough to warn families is untrue in my opinion. When an average guest goes to Disney World's Magic Kingdom they are there thinking the scariest Disney's attractions will get is the Haunted Mansion. Families assumed with Alien Encounter it would be a fun scary and not the real terror it was.

Disney did all they could to make the general public aware that Alien Encounter was a very intense and scary attraction. Unfortunately, the general public isn't very smart or observant, leading to multiple complaints over the years of young guests being scared to much by the attraction. This lead Disney to change the attraction to Stitch's Great Escape, in an attempt to please the family driven customers that visit the Magic Kingdom.

The big reason I don't like SGE is not because AE was sooo much better.(Well AE was better!) It's because they had a chance to make a really fun ride with Stitch,but they didn't. I would have liked it if they made a ride that we were with Stitch in the red spaceship escaping to Earth! SGE may have looked good on paper,but they didn't use it in the best way possible! They did not put the money into it.

ITA

I never experienced AE. I love Lilo and Stitch. I was 100% disappointed in SGE because they didn't put any effort into it. I thought the animatronics were pathetic - Tiki Bird level. I mean, come on - it's 2005! Couldn't they have done something better? Disney Imagineers are capable of so much more than this lame piece of crap.