TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: 2009 Philly Auto Show 2/5/09

Today some of my friends & I went to the Philly Auto Show. The show wasn't as good as we hoped. There weren't many concept cars & the show rooms seemed empty. It was basically the same show as last years with some newer models. Enjoy.

Chrysler was the first show room.

An overview look.

New electric Jeep.

Toyota.

Subaru Impreza.

Nice BMW!

Time for Dodge

The Dodge overview.

Viper sexiness

The Challenger is so pretty

Hey it is the car I own!

Another Viper

I wish I owned this! Maybe after college

I almost bought one of these but the poor gas milage changed my mind.

Nissan!

370z

Sexy!

Some Mercury Hybrid.

Is this a bus

The new Mustang doesn't impress me at all. I prefer the current model.

The back.

New Shelby.

The new Taurus looks nicer than the Mustang

The only SUV I would buy is the Edge.

They had a Ford Fusion race contest. I came in 2nd out of 4!

Cadillac.

Escalade Hybrid is a total waste of $75gs.

The CTS Kelly-V is the World's fastest sedan!

Chevy time

Nice Corvette!

The moment I've been waiting for! The new Camaro

I WANT IT SO BAD

Sorry Challenger THIS will be my next car after college

Camaro sexiness!

Now over to Honda. Nothing really special here.

A crappy Evo.

Yay for Supercharged!

Some custom stuff.

Totally old school!

I HATE these stupid Smart cars. Every time I see one I want to take my car keys & scratch up the car.

Hey Sam for once your piece of crap car is nicer than something

I would drive a Mini Cooper S any day.

Lambo!

Same one as last year. That was it for us & we were all getting hungry so we headed over to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner.

While leaving we saw a movie being filmed in the streets of Philadelphia!

We weren't told who the actors were & what the movie was but this looked like a driving scene. I hope you enjoyed my 2009 Philly Auto Car Show TR! Thanks for reading.

~Matt T.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great TR, great pics, thanks for posting.

The new Camaro really looks kick-a$$.

Why do you have such an aversion towards the Smart, it´s a really good concept, and they sell quite good here in Germany, mostly as a familia´s second car for the moms or for students. They are very agile, don´t need much parking space, don´t need much fuel and have a very low insurance.

I bought two as company cars two years ago, put a big ad on its side and everybody loves them to drive, they are the perfect downtown-car!

Thanks for posting.

I really love the American cars. It's a pitty it's hard to afford one out here because of the heavy taxes on the hp's.

Although I love American cars, my favorite car in above pics is still the BMW 3 series, although the 328 type is unkown to me. Probably it's only for the American market.

Why do you have such an aversion towards the Smart, it´s a really good concept, and they sell quite good here in Germany, mostly as a familia´s second car for the moms or for students. They are very agile, don´t need much parking space, don´t need much fuel and have a very low insurance.

I bought two as company cars two years ago, put a big ad on its side and everybody loves them to drive, they are the perfect downtown-car!

I just think they look stupid & are slow that's just my opinion though

And that is the kind of thinking that is causing the United States to go downhill.......

Tricia got tickets from a coworker yesterday. I'll be going to the show today after I send out more resumes....

I don´t think that this would be your opinion if you would have to pay the price for gas, the average european has to pay!

Example:

Today´s gas price in Munich: 1 Liter Premium unleaded= 1,21 Euros, that means: 1 Gallon Premium unleaded = 1,21 Euros x 3,78 = 4,57 Euros, that means: 1 Gallon Premium unleaded = 4,57 Euros x 1,32 = 6. 03 US $!!!

^Most Americans don't like small cars like that & ugly looking hybrids. I wanted the Civic hybrid before I got my car & my parents laughed at me. America really does have to take cars with better gas milage seriously in the next few years because I like most of you hate paying a lot for gas. I just hope hybrids & electric cars look better than they do now in the next few years.

That Red/Black viper is just....

i'd love to own one to cruise around in, but i love my beat up, tiny, loud, but gas-efficient buick century

seriously, you could drive it off a cliff and cause no damage, drives better than a lot of cars i know and have driven

I disagree and Agree on your Smart comment...

I disagree: Cause I love the look its nifty! They arent supposed to be sporty! Its uber funky!

I Agree: Cause I HAVE driven one, and the Trans is Terrible... and its to top heavy!

I love the new small cars... However I really Dislike the 07 and on MINI Hardtops and the Clubman However the new MINI Vert is DEAD sexy!

They 02 to 06 Hardtop and 04 to 08 Verts are the best MINI body style!

Here is the New MINI Cooper Convertible S

http://vimeo.com/2818909?pg=embed&sec=2818909

I love the new small cars... However I really Dislike the 07 and on MINI Hardtops and the Clubman However the new MINI Vert is DEAD sexy!

They 02 to 06 Hardtop and 04 to 08 Verts are the best MINI body style!

Oh yes, the Mini Clubman looks really wierd. It looks like the designers had a dream of a Funeral-Car for Dwarfs.

The Mini Cooper and Cooper S are really little bastards, especially the S, they are really fast and kinky, but in my opinion a typical girl´s-car (Charlize Theron looked sooooo damned sexy inside her Mini in the "Italian-Job"-movie!!! ) and a little bit to overpriced ( and you have to pay for every extra other cars have for free, for example the First-Aid-Kit for 90,- Euros, or the Package-Pack, that means 140,- Euros for a compartment in the front....).

But all in All a really nice small car, even some people here in Germany call it "Elephants-sneaker".