TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Amazing Race 14 Thread

holyblakbelt

^ Yeah, I saw these two ripping on Luke on his communication skills and that elbow from Luke (that I saw as accidental) took it to another level. I can't wait to see Kisha and Jen gone. When they finish the season on tv, I'd like to see them go to a Deaf event. They would rip on them so badly. But at least Margie and Luke are still in it!

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Yeah I saw it completely different than you. Yes they shouldn't have called him a bitch, but it was pretty clear that he was the one instigating both times they ran into each other. I also don't think Kisha and Jen were laughing at him. If they were, I don't think Phil would have stepped in and defended them.

Totally agree with you. I think they were laughing at the absurdity of the whole situation. Sure he is deaf but that Luke is one sneaky guy. Is there one episode where he hasn't whined about something?

I thought it was pretty sad that these people had to act like bulldozers, just because they arrived at the same time, at the clue box(es). Gotta get that clue first, huh?

He could have let her go first. Or she could have let him go first. But they both decided that physical blocking was the best course of action, to save what? Two seconds (or less) between getting the clues out of the box?

And Luke is whining and complaining just as much as (most) everybody else, is.

Well boo hoo, get over it, try to act like adults, and get on with The Race.

I thought it was pretty sad that these people had to act like bulldozers, just because they arrived at the same time, at the clue box(es). Gotta get that clue first, huh?

I know, like who gets to the clue box first is really going to make a difference in the race! It all seemed like a big misunderstanding though, and they all just got caught up in the moment. Out of the people that are left, I'd definitely like to see Margie and Luke win.

It's been a while since they did a (literal) two-parter in the AR episodes.

Poor Jamie and Cara.

They were really really hoping to be actually first, this time.

I may be in the minority here, but I want Jen and Kisha to win and can't stand Margie and Luke. I find Luke to be a very sneaky and dirty player. I'm not basing it on the fight last week because I think they all could've handled it better. The reason I don't like Margie and Luke is because they used the Blind U-Turn on the team I liked. That team didn't pose a threat to them so there was no need for them to do that. They only used it to try to save Jamie and Cara since they were their "friends". Why make potential enemies when it doesn't even benefit you?

^ Agree with you totally. While two weeks ago no one was allowed to laugh at her son's deficiencies, but it was totally okay for Margie and her son to make fun of Jen's fear of water. I sooooo do not want them to win, hopefully they will get eliminated this week.

Sorry... I totally disagree, and here is why....

A few seasons back, they had the chick with the artificial leg. That beotch used her handicap to every advantage when it suited her, all why being every bit as capable as her fellow racers. The one thing you have NOT seen Margie and Luke do is play his disability for help or sympathy along the race. They have had to opt out of (potentially) easier challenges because he would have had a disadvantage because of his impairment. I have never seen them ask for assistance or ever even tell a travel agent, ticket agent, etc that he is hearing impaired. Granted, I think they may have all gotten a little out of hand, but the reality is that Margie and Luke have played a clean game. Meanwhile, you had Mike and Mark cheating as they went through, and Keisha and Jen pushing and shoving.

Just my 2 cents!

Shari

For the first time ever, I can honestly say I hate the final 3 teams so much that I don't even care to watch the finale.

For my reasons stated above, I can't stand Margie and Luke. Jamie and Cara are just ugly Americans for the demeaning way they speak to everyone that the encounter on the race. I think Tammy and Victor had an unfair advantage, especially since they spent quite a bit of time in China. They also had absolutely no reason to U-turn Jen and Kisha. They've come in first almost every leg and if they "had" to use it, it should been used on Margie and Luke.

With that being said, I think Jen and Kisha basically eliminated themselves. Was peeing *that* important that you would give up your spot in the final 3 when you were neck and neck with another team for the final spot? If you had to go that bad, just wet your pants!

^I was in China for the Olympics and those Porta Pottys were state of the art and self cleaning. After every flush soap was automatically sprayed into the bowl. This not only kept everything clean, but kept the bathroom from smelling.

I would have hit the pit stop mat, let it all run down my leg onto the mat, look up at Phil and say...

"Too late to get to Hong Kong Disneyland, huh?"

(I kid, but am still they won't be in the final leg of it.)

Well, all you Margie and Luke haters I bet loved the finale. I think it was a pretty good finale though...a lot better than last years. I'm glad for Tammy and Victor. I knew going after that horrific leg that they had they were going to make up and do really well. Good for them. And even though they may have had an advantage the leg before...no one had an advantage this leg because they all arrived at the same time.

I can't wait till next season!

This was a really good season. I think my fav episode was the stop they did in Switzerland with the cheese roll.

So now that Amazing Race 15 is next, Robb and Elissa what do we have to do to get you guys on there?! With your world travel experiences, I know you two would totally rock it. Plus it'd be a blast to see you guys on TV every week. Do it do it!

LOL!

I'd love to get on that show! But with everything going on I don't even have time to fill out whatever forms and make a video, and everything you probably have to do! If anyone wants to submit us, go for it!

Seriously Elissa?!

I just looked at the application and it doesn't look too bad. It's 13 pages, but the last 3 pages are just waiver type stuff. The questions look fairly easy. Application.

I wish I knew how to answer some of the questions and I'd totally submit the app for you! It looks like there are no casting calls at the moment, so I wonder if they've already selected the teams for AR15.

^ I saw somewhere that the teams were infact selected for the next season. Usually their air a season in the fall so i am pretty sure they might have already started on the production process.

R&E would totally rock TAR though. With their world travels, i would not want to be a contestant on that season, plus Robb would a great character and they are always on the look out for interesting people.

I know last Fall's Amazing Race was filmed during the summer (around August) because when they were in Portland Oregon I saw the gas prices and they were really high during that time of year. I submitted a video and filled the application out when I was 21...it wasn't really that hard. Their selection process doesn't take too long but the only bad thing is that you have to pay your way to where all the interviews are and stay in that city as long as you need to.

I can't wait till next season!