TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Amazing Race 14 Thread

holyblakbelt

If you haven't noticed, the newest season of The Amazing Race is around the corner. I am pretty hyped about this season. The teams are as follows.

Amanda and Kris (Dating)

Brad and Victoria (Married)

Cara and Jaime (The Cheerleaders)

Christie and Jodi (Southwest Airlines Flight Attendants)

Jennifer and Preston (Dating)

LaKisha and Jennifer (Sisters)

Linda and Steve (Married)

Margie and Luke (Mother/Son) Luke is the first Deaf contestant

Mark and Michael (Stuntman Brothers)

Mel and Mike (Father Son) Mike played the real Ned Schneebly in "School of Rock"

Tammy and Victor (Lawyer Siblings)

At this point, I'm rooting for Margie and Luke, mainly because I'm learning sign language and Deaf culture. With a lineup like this, this season is going to be awesome!

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to post the premiere date. The new season begins Feb. 15.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Woohoo! I love Amazing Race, and I didn't know the next season was coming up either.

I can already tell that I will also be rooting for the mother/son team. Partly, because the mother/son team should have won last season, and also because I have such respect for deaf people. I've always thought sign language should have been offered as a foreign language when I was in high school. Is it weird that I think sign language is kind of sexy?

I think I'm going to go with the Father/Son team of Mel and Mike, for now.

Not only is Mike a screenwriter, who appeared in "School of Rock," but Dad is a gay rights activist!

Best quote read - in current ish of Entertaiment Weekly #1034 02/13 - when Dad came to Son about getting "matching AR outfits"...

Son to Dad: "I'm not going to be Liza Minnelli, to your Judy Garland!"

• 2 weeks later...

Yah 700 feet is pretty extreme. I bungee jumped in New Zealand from 250 feet and almost had a severe panic attack before jumping. Kudos to them for not freaking out more than they did! I was also glad to see who was eliminated. You could just tell that they were going to be drama.

^I agree, I was glad to see those two eliminated. On a similar note, am I the only one who finds it painful to watch the hillbilly couple? I felt bad for Linda watching her get chewed out on the cheese hill, and (based on the previews) it doesn't look like the next leg will be any easier on her...

And for being so competitive, I was surprised at how well Tammy and Victor (lawyer siblings) worked together.

Good start to the season!

What I can't figure out is why a team didn't just roll the cheese down the hill. Just launch 4 rolls and pick them up at the bottom. It didn't seem like there was any penalty if you didn't carry it down. It seems like some teams got screwed because they tried to do the challenge as intended.

What I can't figure out is why a team didn't just roll the cheese down the hill. Just launch 4 rolls and pick them up at the bottom. It didn't seem like there was any penalty if you didn't carry it down. It seems like some teams got screwed because they tried to do the challenge as intended.

That is exaclty what I would have done.

It was also kind of obvious that you were supposed to set the cheese upright, which is what one of the teams did.

I think this season could be one of the best. There aren't any teams that I "hate" so far.

Of course, always nice that the "yelling" team get's kicked off first. Although, from their final interview, not sure how 2 days on a reality show can make or break your relationship.

And yeah, the bungy part was awesome.

The previews for next week look quite promising. Mrs. Virginia get's "Lost in Germany".

I know reality shows love characters but what exactly can the virginia couple do? Way too much sobbing and drama for my taste.

Did anybody else find it strange that the flight attendants are carrying around rolling suitcases instead of carrying bags? Those things are going to be a hassle when they have to run around a lot.

As others said no real teams to hate this season though i don't mind the Virginia couple leaving.

I totally would have done that too. But whatever, that cheese task was one of the funniest things I've seen! I loved the guys at the bottom of the hill laughing at them. And those things that they were supposed to carry the cheese on wasn't too sturdy. I would have attempted to make some sort of sled out of it instead.

I'm surprised nobody got seriously hurt on the cheese hill...especially falling forward with it on your back. It seemed really dangerous.

The Virginia hillbilly lady always looks drunk. Especially when she was crawling up the hill. I was sure that they would have been the first to go.

I'm glad my favorite team was in 1st place. I hope the communication barrier doesn't become an issue. At some point, I am sure he is going to be separated from his mom during a Road Block or something.

The whole two flight thing was a little boring in the end when the flight that left first got in first. THey spent way too much time on it for there to be no twist in the end. I really wish they would set it up for the second plane to arrive first.

THe best thing about this season is there no sport preceding it. I HATE HATE HATE when football bumps the start back making me unexpectedly get 60 minutes on the Tivo rather than TAR.