TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

West Coast Bash 2009 - Six Flags Magic Mountain

As I was beginning my drive home from getting off work about an hour ago, I saw this huge charter bus pull out of Hilton Garden Inn's parking lot and proceed down The Old Road THE WRONG WAY!!!

Folks PLEASE BE CAREFUL in the construction area in front of SFMM's entrance! Just because you may know where you're going, and what side of the road you should be on, does not mean every other driver does as well. Please be safe out there!

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard it raining this morning as I knew Robb and a bunch of you were out there for registration, but it is sooooo SUNNY out right now that I've had to close my blinds!

KidTums is still asleep!!! She had quite the day yesterday (thanks again everyone!) but we'll be on our way to the park as soon as she decides to get up!!!

My partner and I have been relaxing in our room all afternoon after a fun morning of riding roller coasters! We just had dinner and now we're heading back to the park for nighttime ERT!

Thanks to Robb, Chris, and SFMM for making it such a great day for all of us!

Kevin

Thank you to everyone who attended WCB 2009! We hope you all had as much fun participating as we did creating the event. For those of you who are interested, I will be posting the answers to the quests in the blue packets sometime this week. In addition, I will eventually take several photos to show you exactly where the Martin J. Jaska plaque is located. We attempted to focus the game around theme that couldn't be altered, and we didn't anticipate park guests moving trash cans to affect other teams. (If we have a scavenger hunt next year, we will ensure that nothing can be covered.) I will also post some photos from the opposite angles of event photos you may have; such as 700 people waiting outside the gate shot from INSIDE the gate.

It was wonderful to meet so many of you at the event, and I thank all of you who gave such wonderful feedback for all aspects of the event.

And if you though this event was great....

....just wait to see what we have in store for next year!

~William

And if you though this event was great....

....just wait to see what we have in store for next year!

~William

I already can't wait. Totally coasted out and that's a great thing. Got on everything at least once. Had some of my best rides ever on Viper and Revolution. Kudos to the X2 ride crew in the morning - flawless load and unload when I rode. After hearing during Q&A of some of the bits of TLC that will come over the next few years and more info about Terminator Salvation: The Ride: The Theming I only see great things for the future.

Thanks to everyone at TPR, Ride World, and Magic Mountain for putting on such a great event... even with the manic weather of rain, sun, hail & winds.

I'd like to send out a big thank you to Robb, Chris, and Six Flags (including their amazing management) for a great WCB 2009.

Right now, I'm trying to clear out space for my Sierra Twist guide wheel and signed piece of Terminator: Salvation. Tomorrow I'm going to try and upload some photos of this amazing event.

Seriously, after meeting the management and seeing how the park is looking, I have faith in Six Flags again. They truly want to make this place the best it can be.

Sincerely,

R.C.

Thank you to Everyone who made West Coast Bash possible! Sarah and I had a great time! We got in a lot of rides, but suprisingly our favorite part of the day was at Magic Moments Theater! We can't (But Will) wait for the next Bash!

Thanks again!

Cody "That GhostRider Guy" Davis

Words cannot express how I felt all day at this event. Everything I did today at West Coast Bash was awesome in every aspect of the way. From the unusual rainstorm that we had in the morning to dry, then that hailstorm coming out of nowhere. IT was great, I met great friends and hopefully I'll find them here!!! hehehe. I thought the ERT was AWESOME!!! it gave you more experiences on which rows feel more open and which were less open to it. I I would like to thank Six Flags Magic Mountain for letting all of us do this as a group because it was just in a word AWESOME!!!...I would also like to Thank Rob because you are just AWESOME in every aspect of every way. I have been wanting to this for years, and finally it came true. I was also a Big Mike Winner today!!! hehehe hopefully I can do my first trip report and YES YES YES I SOO cannot wait until NEXT YEAR!!!. THANK YOU SOO MUCH!!!

WEST COAST BASH 2009: SUCCESS!!!

Group photo from today below -

DOWNLOAD HI-RES VERSION HERE

This is by no means everyone who was in attendance and I apologize if you didn't make it into the group photo. We quickly took a group shot with whoever was at Magic Moments at 3:45. Great group...FUN GROUP!

Thank you again to everyone who made it!!!!

--Robb

wcb2009s.jpg.f8ba156f23a8ee0486b6fc00614b18ff.jpg

My first TPR event, definitely won't be my last! Awesome event. The fire on X2 helped warm us up :]

The hail was a nice bonus. Pretty stark contrast in the crowds from saturday to sunday even in the afternoon. Tatsu was like a walk-on at 3pm still even with X2 down.

I wish I could have stayed for the Night ERT but I had to catch my flight back home since I've been off work for a week drinking beer in San Diego!

Amazing event. Quite simply the best "Coaster ERT" event I've ever been to. And it wasn't even close.

And I even missed the night ERT, so I can imagine how much better it would have been had I been able to stay.

Thanks to Robb and the TPR crew, Chris and the RideWorld crew and all of the management and staff at SFMM. It was a truly awesome event.

I think one of my favorite memories is eating lunch in a freak hail-storm, and it not ruining anybody's fun. I think it actually made it more fun.

Thank you ALL for organizing the even! It was lots of fun and unique. My friends loved it and are already asking about how to sign up for next year's event. lol The weather was crazy, but it made it more special. I met some great people and even Big-Mike, whom was a really great guy. Thanks again and I hope to be there next year!

Here is the link

to the Signal above mentioned article.

I wish I would have been there, just for the Q&A alone. But of course, although I am living in Hollywoor, I had to be in europe during this past weekend...arrrggghhhh....well, there is always next year!

I just wanted to type a quick little something in my last few moments in California before my flight back to New York. To my ride-buddies and new friends: Dane, Chris, and Hector, YOU GUYS ROCK! Also, I wanted to thank Robb, for helping make WCB the best it can be, and for letting me tell him my life story at the pre-party. I'd also like to thank Six Flags Magic Mountain for offering one of the the best park experiences I have ever had... this is probably my most favorite Six Flags park now. I can't wait for next year's WCB!

Thank-you TPR, Ride World and especially Magic Mt for an amazing experience.

What an adventure, with showery skies parting to blue right at park opening, that lunchtime hail storm, and rides, rides, rides.

We nearly ended our day stuck on Superman. We flew up the hill, rolled back down and blew right through the station at full speed. Thank-you rare earth magnets, the e-brakes that can't break down. That was fun.

Otherwise, so much more. Terminator looks like it'll be a beast, plus those plans for better theming.

To have park executives put themselves out there for some of their most demanding fans was... well, unprecedented in my experience. I can't imagine too many others doing it. I'm happy and relieved to see that someone with a long history at the park is at the helm. I see it getting better and better. The best days of this park may be right around the corner.

Night time ERT on every coaster in the park, with the lights turned out! What a blast. Ok, X2 was down from the wind, but otherwise they were all going. So many other impressions. Thanks again to those who made it possible, and for sharing it with such a large and happy group. This was our first TPR trip experience; I hope it won't be the last.

I also wanted to say thank you to the TPR and Rideworld crews. We simply had an incredible day at SFMM.

I have one comment on the management. After leaving the park we discovered a flat tire on our car. Not only did SFMM's mechanic come out and change our tire for us, but Neal stopped and waited to make sure everything turned out ok. (Long after everyone else was gone.) Now that is what I call service and management that cares!

Awesome job everyone!

I want to say THANK YOU! It was the best trip to a theme park ever! I got 19 coaster rides in total. Thank you Robb, Thank you SFMM and thank you 24 and XII for putting up with us and not running away screaming.

I can't wait for terminator and next years West Coast Bash! Once again, Thank you!

Now it's time for the 5 hour drive back to Vegas, but it was worth it.