TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Another lawsuit in the works: Busch Gardens

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say he doesn't as he has no control over his false leg so can not guarantee that his leg would stay attached to his body. They should have let his daughter off but saying he can't ride was fair and just.

But then again I am English.

if he knew the prosthetic would not accidently come off and become a liability, then yeah he should be able to ride. BUT..I have a major issue with the crew sending the train out with the child riding without her father. that wasn't right, especially if the child was visibly upset and crying.

I think that the child should have been taken off too cause clearly she was in distress. As for the amputee I think that he should be able to ride only certain types of coasters for safety reasons. Obviously Montu being inverted would be a restricted one.

The thing with the child is not quite right. But I find NO point suing because they wouldn't let you ride a inverted coaster with a prosthetic leg. I would not let that guy on a inverted coaster at all. I don't care how good it is connected to your leg, you have no control of your leg once your riding it! Better safe than lawsuit.

How much do you want to bet that the gentleman did not follow standard protocol, and visited guest relations first to see what rides he could or could not ride?

http://buschgardens.com/buschgardens/fla/pi_access.aspx

has a stipulation about casts and braces, but no mention of prosthetics. (Though, a leg brace and a prosthetic leg are pretty much the same size.) Common sense, I hope Busch wins this.

I side BG on this one...it was more of a judgement call & if the dude HAD lost his leg on the ride, he would've been suing over the damage to his leg & emotional damage cause he watched his leg fly off, etc, etc.

Though if BG doesn't have a stipulation on prosthetics...he may win it!