TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme Park Review's Texas & Deep South 2009 Trips!

Wow that seems expensive! Plus add to that these trips are in the middle of summer when parks are

It might seem expensive, but it's a very good good value for what you get.

In fact if you priced out this trip on your own, I suspect it would cost more then the TPR trip. The cost of rental car, hotel, and admissions really add up. Though, you might be able to do it for cheaper if you crammed 4 people in a hotel room to split costs. But even then, you'd be missing out on all the perks and ERT, so it'be debatable if it would be worth it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like Larry said, we really can't do a group trip early or late in the season. Too early and you miss rides that don't open on time or have issues (I believe last years ECC US trip missed at least 3 credits because of this!) and too late the parks start closing midweek.

The trips are a very good value for what you get. You really can't compare them to any other club trip. Try one out sometime and you'll see why we have over 90% of trip participants come back on another one!

Like Larry said, we really can't do a group trip early or late in the season. Too early and you miss rides that don't open on time or have issues (I believe last years ECC US trip missed at least 3 credits because of this!) and too late the parks start closing midweek.

The trips are a very good value for what you get. You really can't compare them to any other club trip. Try one out sometime and you'll see why we have over 90% of trip participants come back on another one!

You can't really put a price tag on the "TPR Experience" and I haven't even been on a trip yet! I bet many others can agree with this.

But seriously....5 parks all around a MASSIVE state with special perks, transportation, accomodation...and entertainment for that price? Deal.

Geez I'm jealous. I wish I could take all of these trips! I wish I had your "coaster" life.

I went to Six Flags Over Texas. I am only interested in watching pictures and reports when you guys come back. Do not do ERT on Texas Giant, I had massive head ache. And I blacked out on Titan. Shockwave ERT is da bomb!
I hate the damn thing....! Till i sat in the front seat! it was a blast. I was expecting to have broken my pelvis after the last times.

I can attest to that. I remember telling someone shortly after I returned from last year's Behemoth/Flyer trip: "That was a first for me; I've never written a $1,000 check to anyone before and then thanked them for taking it."

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone!

If you want to travel with Theme Park Review to Texas, please let us know NOW!

There are still a few spots open for TPR's Texas 2009 Trip!

Friday, July 17th - Wednesday July 22nd

Cost: $999 per person

Trip includes:

Six Flags Over Texas, Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Kemah Boardwalk,

Schlitterbahn, Sea World of Texas, and MORE!

We'll have ERT at every park! At least 10 meals included!

Backstage tours! Rare Photo Opportunities! Q-Bots where available!

Snacks, Drinks, and FUN! Did we mention FUN?

All your hotel accommodations and ground transportation is taken care

of. Just get on the bus and let TPR take care of the rest!

If you are interested in signing up for this trip, EMAIL me NOW!!!

robbalvey@aol.com

We hope to see you on our Texas 2009 Trip!

--Robb

ps. The official trip flyer can be found here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/events/deepsouthtexastrip_2009_flyer.pdf

Awesome Robb, I wish that one day my wife and I could join one of TPR's trips, unfortunatly though, we are unable to head the USA this year.

On the other hand, If you wanted to fly for 20 hours for only 2 credits, then come on over to Perth, Australia for the next TPR trip, Adventure World awaits all TPR members, (your dissatisfaction is guaranteed).

Hope you all have a great time on the trips. I still feel like a nard for having to bail on the Texas Trip, but it turned out for the best, financially, health-wise, etc. Have already started saving up for next year and it looks as though my wife (who rode her first coaster--Boulder Dash--in 30 years last year) may be joining a trip also.

Live to raise hell and remember it well

Scott

Howdy Texas Partners!

Some of you may be aware that TPR will be rolling through town

in July and we do have some spots available for locals to meet

up with the tour on some days.

Below is the schedule for the tour. If you are interested in meeting

up, drop me an email and let me know the following:

- What days you can meet up.

- If you have a season pass or not

We will email you back with more details including costs for the

days you are interested and what time you'll need to meet up with the tour.

Schedule:

Friday, July 17th - SFOT All Day

Saturday, July 18th - SFOT Until 1pm

Saturday , July 18th - Kemah Boardwalk 9pm - 11pm

Sunday, July 19th - Kemah Boardwalk Morning until 1pm

Sunday, July 19th - Fiesta Texas (evening)

Monday, July 20th - Sea World (morning), Fiesta Texas (Afternoon, evening)

Tuesday, July 21st - Schlitterbahn All Day

If you are interested in joining the tour on any of these days, please

email me at robbalvey@aol.com

Hope to meet up with some of our Texas TPR members!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

• 1 month later...