TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ocean Park Discussion Thread

This will be a stand up coaster. A quick talk with someone at Ocean Park (I live 20 minutes away from there) revealed that they were wanting to build something that no other park in this region of the world had. For those who are wondering about Ocean Park's current Arrow coaster, it is safe. That thing usually has at least a one hour wait when I go there. The park is trying to expand to stay ahead of Hong Kong Disneyland. It would not be wise of them to remove anything at this point unless a ride costs too much to maintain.

^^

I totally agree. I've always been a fan of the B&M Stand up coaster. Riddlers Revenge is my favorite and even with a lot of negative comments I've read in the past regarding Mantis, I rode it for the first time in 2010 and really liked it. I dunno, guess it's just me. I've heard good things about Georgia Scorcher at SFoG and I'm looking forward to getting there soon to get that one added to my coaster count.

As far as the "ball squashing" comments in previous posts....you just have to do a proactive "junk adjustment" prior to the restraint lock down. Always works for me.

As far as the "ball squashing" comments in previous posts....you just have to do a proactive "junk adjustment" prior to the restraint lock down. Always works for me.
QFT! I did it wrong once. ONCE! That's all it took to learn my lesson. Adjusting a little clearance between the junk and the bicycle seat is all it takes to have a much more enjoyable stand up ride experience.

^^

I like just sitting down and pulling down a lap bar.

The only 'above average' standup experience I've had was on Georgia Scorcher; which was badass. Mantis, Vortex (Carowinds), King Cobra...all very whatever. Mantis has crushed my balls many a time. Even though I follow the directions in the station that's supposed to give you an enjoyable ride, I hardly get that experience.

Yeah, I agree. I like the stand up coasters. I mean yeah, it does suck to have your balls crushed,but other than that, I like the feel of them. When I go to carowinds every year, I always get 2-3 rides on Vortex before I leave. I'm really liking that color scheme.

I don't have to worry about the family jewels getting "damaged" while riding KD's shockwave,it's just some of the headbanging turns I hate having to brace for.

I've been beaten up by a stand up or two, but I feel like the whole "ball crushing" thing sounds ridiculous to me. Have you never ridden a bike? are you pulling the bicycle seat as far up as you can before departure, or are your knees buckling during the ride? Its hard for me to imagine a situation in which your body weight is actually resting on your privates...

I've been beaten up by a stand up or two, but I feel like the whole "ball crushing" thing sounds ridiculous to me. Have you never ridden a bike? are you pulling the bicycle seat as far up as you can before departure, or are your knees buckling during the ride? Its hard for me to imagine a situation in which your body weight is actually resting on your privates...

Not sure about the B&M's but the togo's seat & upper harness assembly all adjust vertically as a single unit.

^Considering the level of coasters mainland China has been getting, it seems like they could have done better.

Though I agree it's the only Stand-up in all of China, so at least it's unique for the region and country, and Hong Kong isn't exactly China's Roller Coast.

^Considering the level of coasters mainland China has been getting, it seems like they could have done better.

Though I agree it's the only Stand-up in all of China, so at least it's unique for the region and country, and Hong Kong isn't exactly China's Roller Coast.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but China hasn't appeared to have installed any floorless coasters yet.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but China hasn't appeared to have installed any floorless coasters yet.

Not the classical floorless, though they do have floorless dive machines. I'm digging that China is getting GCI's and Megalites and cool stuff like that.

You're wrong here.

In unrelated news, might anyone know if this beautiful piece of B&M will be open by April?

I went to Ocean Park when I was very young, in fact I think it was my first time out of Australia, I agree it's very spectacular on the cliff side. If they'd but in an Intamin hyper, megalite, or pre-fab woodie I'd consider heading over real quick.

The blue B&M's first drop looks more like a slc, but of course this is a B&M. It's nice to see them step to finally putting a dive loop on a invert and a zero-G roll on possibly a standup, but what strikes me more is them making a new type of ride 6 years after the flying coaster.

(the dive machine re-makes don't count to me)

This is a big year for B&M.

Edited by crazywolf88

You're wrong here.

In unrelated news, might anyone know if this beautiful piece of B&M will be open by April?

Technically Taiwan isn't really considered China....and for arguements sake I take it as KDCOASTEFAN was refering to mainland china.