TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo Report: I fought the snow

spaceace12

In Indiana we finally got a descent amount of snow. They originally predicted 3-5 inches north of my area and more south. Monday the snow started, we got around 3 inches. Yesterday the snow started back up around noon, and we quickly got 2 inches. I woke up this morning....10 inches of snow. They cancelled school for tomorrow already. Anyway, onto the photos.

Starting alittle late into the snow clearing, I had already cleared part of my parking spots and my moms car.

A nice little snow pile coming here.

Trash can shows how many inches we got.

Big snow pile at the beg.

My car still burried,

I cleared up to the footsteps in the foreground.

Yeah Almost done with parking area.

Snow pile got bigger.

Had to put the snow someplace else.

Car is cleared off and running now.

A path to the car is nice also.

Problem, 10 inches of snow behind my car with more piled up beside the road. Do I move it or just floor it out

Clear it.

I am free.

Car in parking spot, like my new hubcaps, they melted off later.

Former parking spot.

I did get stuck trying to turn around in my uncleared road. Of course this doesn't help though.

I need new tires.

Fun fact about snow. Ever notice that it is quieter when snow happens, that is because snow is filled with air.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait a second...you have SUN????

Tomorrow I will post some pics of the snowstorm we got today in Western New York...I can no longer see my mailbox at the bottom of the driveway (buried) and it is STILL sneauxing!

Got stuck in the bottom of the driveway when I got home from work (fun), plowed the driveway, then shoveled out the car. There has been close to four more inches of wet snow accumulation since 2:00 PM.

Now all of this is not just from this one storm mind you, but we have not seen the grass since early November! Ahhh...the joys of Lake Effect Snow here in Western New York. I need a theme park vacation...soon!

Snow makes things quieter because the air pockets in fresh snow absorb and trap sound waves. But ambient noise returns when surface snow hardens and begins to reflect more sound. In places where there is really hard snow, the icy surface will actually cause noise to travel farther.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/forcesofnature/snow-facts.html[/u]

I am 3-0! Yeah. Today was a big job, a 100 foot long driveway.

Look at what I am up against.

Half done! Still getting used to my cell phone (the finger pic), takes descent pictures though.

ugg, it has to be done. Up until last year, grandparents went to Florida for winter and they have a rear wheel drive car.

The end of the drive is snow plowed in, had to chop it up. Did have help today though.

Done!

After we did this drive, we did one for an older person in town.