TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Another Death at Disney!

I can't reference the article, it's on of those privacy-sucking sites that I refuse to participate in, (Miami Herald) and got the tip off the local news teaser. But it seems that a 30 year old man has died after riding the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom. The incident happened in April, and records are only being discovered now. The man, who wore a pacemaker, lost consciousness on the ride, and later died at the hospital. I'll post more, or if someone has access to another site with the story....

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If a guy has a pacemaker he should realize he has a pre- existing medical condition.

Nothing else needs to be said.

Concerning Disney, my girlfriend who was an advanced intern said that Disney does everything they can to avoid people dieing on property and even as far as doing everything in their power to avoid having to pronounce someone dead on site.

Why is it that the most popular and richest theme park chain in the world have problems when lower rate amusement parks usually don't. A 45 year old low rate amusement park here in El Paso has never had a death but Disney pops a death up every week? Is it because 100 million dollar rides are unsafe and a cheap thrill ride is safer? I just don't get it? :?

BTW, WDW does have big signs plastered all over the rides, telling you not to ride if you are pregnant, have back, neck, heart problems, a pacemaker, etc. Is it their fault if people choose to ignore them? Should we just close down the parks because people can't take any personal responsibility in this country? Maybe Disney should require everyone to present a medical clearance from his/her physician before being allowed in the park.

For some reason, everyone seems to think that when they're in WDW, nothing can go wrong. Even though they have pre-existing conditions, some people still enter rides with that mindset. Nearly all of the "Disney deaths" you hear about were due to medical problems that they already had.

Like moinab said, they do have a lot of warnings, but they don't say that Small World could result in temporary insanity.

I gotta wonder how this slipped under the radar.

Well, could have happened on a busy news day. The man died at the hospital, not at the park, and the hospital probably didn't think to include any relevance to Disney. (Reporter:What did the man die from? Nurse/Doctor: Pacemaker Failure, gotta run!)

right... anways leave it to Disney to hide the news to the public.

If someone died on your multi billion dollar property thats income depends on the popularity of the place would you be in much of hurry to annouce someone died there?

Really though, people die all the time. I dont think a death or two on property will tarnish the allure of DISNEYWORLD or the Disney name. Its just not going to happen. It will take much, much more than that.

I can't reference the article, it's on of those privacy-sucking sites that I refuse to participate in, (Miami Herald) and got the tip off the local news teaser. But it seems that a 30 year old man has died after riding the Dinosaur ride at Animal Kingdom. The incident happened in April, and records are only being discovered now. The man, who wore a pacemaker, lost consciousness on the ride, and later died at the hospital. I'll post more, or if someone has access to another site with the story....

I know this is true...

My cousin works at Dinosaur. She said he just came back all slumped over. Basically the ride was to much for him. He shouldnt have ridden the ride.