TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

4 Disney parks in one day?

algram

Hi, first of all I just wanted to say what a great website this is, I've never posted before, but I've been a huge fan of the site for over a year now.

My question is this, I'm planing to go to Orlando with a friend in March, but due to budgetary and time reasons we only have one day for all the 4 main Disney Parks, is this possible to do? If so, then what do you recommend I should see and do at all costs. I haven't been there for like 5 years, so maybe there's a bunch of new cool stuff I should do.

Would it maybe be possible to get recommendations park by park? I've never been to animal kingdom and heard the safari and Everest are a must. I also remember loving the tower of terror and the Aerosmith coaster. thank you for the help

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending on WHEN you're going in March it is very possible to do all four parks and hit all the major rides.

Something that might help is if you can stay on property for that one night (even the cheapest Disney hotel) because then you can get some extra time in one or two parks with the Extra Magic Hours going on that day.

I don't think most people can help you until you tell us what day in March as park hours, if you're staying on property, and crowds will dictate your schedule.

If you want to see EVERYTHING then no, all the parks is not doable. If you just want to hit the major stuff then it might be doable. Make yourself a list of what you want to hit and stick to it. Also call ahead and see if anything is shut down for maintenance.

March should be a great time for short lines and less crowds.

yeah I think you guys are right, I'm thinking it is better to do the 4 parks in 2 days, I'll look for a cheap 2 day park hopper. if anyone knows of a good place where to get them that would be awesome thanks. Also, what is the best popcorn flavor to get at Disney? thanks a bunch, I'm as giddy as a schoolgirl at a NKOTB concert circa 1991

yeah I think you guys are right, I'm thinking it is better to do the 4 parks in 2 days, I'll look for a cheap 2 day park hopper.

It might be an idea to get more than two days and make the ticket non-expiring. The initial cost is more, but each individual day is a LOT less, so as long as you will at some point be back at Disney, it does make sense

I'd recommend combining Magic Kingdom and Epcot since you can take the monorail between them. Do Magic Kingdom in the morning, when the crowds are lighter, and take the monorail to Epcot in the afternoon since it stays open later than the other parks. Also, take advantage of Fast Passes (obviously), and if you don't mind not riding together (but within two or three cars of each other), use the Single Rider line at attractions where it's available (like Test Track).

I don't know if you're driving or planning to stay on property and use the buses, but if you do plan to bus-hop, be aware that the buses no longer travel directly from park to park (at least they didn't when I was there last January). You would have to take the bus to one of the resorts, then catch a bus from that resort to your next park. Having bus-hopped in the past, we had planned a "catch-up" day toward the end of our trip to hit what we missed at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Instead we ended up spending most of the day at the Coronado Springs and Contemporary Resort bus stops, waiting for buses that took forever to show up.

We did 3 parks in about 5 hours in March a couple of years ago (I would NEVER bastardize Magic Kingdom) and it was doable, although we were pretty much running around and it wasn't very fun. I imagine if you do it right, 4 parks in 1 day is possible. If it were me, I would just pick 2 or 3 parks, because 2 hours at most of these parks really isn't enough time.

The "don't miss" rides at the parks are:

Animal Kingdom - Expedition Everest

Disney Studios - Tower of Terror, Rock & Roller Coaster

Epcot - Mission: Space, Test Track, Soarin' (I think Soarin is extremely boring)

Magic Kingdom - Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribbean, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

As for your "2 parks in 2 days" comment, I would choose to do 3 parks one of the days, and Magic Kingdom in its own separate day. I would spend the first part of the first day to go to Animal Kingdom and ride Everest, and Studios and ride Tower of Terror and Rock & Roller Coaster. Then you could spend the 2nd half of the day at Epcot, and get to experience more that it has to offer.

I really think you should take your time at the parks and not visit them all, and come back some other time! Like I said, we did the "rush around the parks" thing and it was so much less enjoyable than when we took our time!

I went to Disney last year for one day. I probably could have gotten more, but I went on a cheerleading comp. day. I was able to get almost all the coasters except BTMR (broke down while I was in line) and the spinning coaster (choose not ride it). I had time to kill, and probably should have gotten on the ToT, but skipped it. Next time I will do it in two days. One day was rushing it.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know if you're driving or planning to stay on property and use the buses, but if you do plan to bus-hop, be aware that the buses no longer travel directly from park to park (at least they didn't when I was there last January). You would have to take the bus to one of the resorts, then catch a bus from that resort to your next park. Having bus-hopped in the past, we had planned a "catch-up" day toward the end of our trip to hit what we missed at Magic Kingdom, Hollywood Studios and Epcot. Instead we ended up spending most of the day at the Coronado Springs and Contemporary Resort bus stops, waiting for buses that took forever to show up.

I wonder if they run fewer busses in the winter months. I was down there for spring break last year and they were running busses between the parks, leaving every 15 minutes.