TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Tokyo trip

hydra

Hey everyone.

I am on deployment with the NAVY on the island of Okinawa. Im currently planning on taking some leave up to tokyo for 4-5 days. I have been a religious TPR checker for about the past 5 years and have always wanted to go on one of your trips. Sadly scheduling and the military pretty much prohibit that. So, I want to know, what are some must do, must ride, and must experience things in the city. What can I expect for prices at the parks? Easy buses or trains to get me there?

So basically if you were in tokyo for 3 days where would you go? Thanks in advance for all the help.

-Kurt-

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once you're in Tokyo there are a ton of parks that you can do easily on trains/buses.

Do you like Disney? If you're into Disney even remotely, you MUST check out Tokyo Disney, it's amazing. Most people on this board would tell you to spend all your time there! If you're more into extreme rides check out:

Tobu Zoo - Kawasemi is the best coaster in Japan and a top 5 in the world, they also have a woodie and a looping mouse!

La Qua - Intamin Hyper and other stuff, not one of my faves but a solid ride in an amazing location.

Yomiuriland - Hyper, woodie, stand up, nice park.

This is already probably too much for 3 or 4 days, but there is also Toshimaen, Hanayashiki, Cosmoworld, Sea Paradise. All easy on train lines within an hour from Tokyo Station.

Use our Park Index on the home page to see reports from all these places, and feel free to ask more questions.

Thanks for the info.

I definitely want to check out Tobu Zoo...looks awesome. Maybe a day at DisneySea or just Disney? Which do I get more bang for my buck or in this case...yen?

The hotel I am thinking of staying is The B Roppongi. Apparently in the "heart" of tokyo.

How bad to the crowds tend to be? During the winter months will these parks be open?

I think I have narrowed it down to a day at DisneySea, then Tobu Zoo, and La Qua. Are all these parks open year round?

I know you guys have spent quite a bit of time in tokyo on various trips. Do you have any particular hotels that you would recommend?

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I leave in 4 days for Tokyo. Couple final questions.

How crowded are the parks this time of year? Should I expect crazy amounts of people?

At the parks I plan on going to(Tobu, DisneySea, LaQua), what are the backpack rules/laws?

Any last minute tips or advice?

Thanks again for all of your help. I will being taking many photos for you. Hopefully my pics can live up to the prestige of this site.