TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Found this on RCDB.com http://www.rcdb.com/8983.htm Looks like one set of track is headed to China. Seeing i doubt SC stands for flying coaster, the yellow track is still missing, but maybe this is for the other coaster that was at the yard.

A few weeks ago, there was an announcement posted here about a brand new park in China getting a B&M Flyer next year. I'm gonna try to find it and post it here...

The Flying Coaster abbreviation is LC...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably for universal studios Dubai? By any normal construction rate this would have been almost up and running now. Look at Intimidator that was manufactured after, and is almost standing complete! Something probably happened that delayed construction of this one. So which parks do we know that recently has been postponed and was supposed to get a B&M Hulk Clone? Universal Studios Dubai! And that fit perfectly with this being a looper too.

^^ Is Universal Dubai even being built right now? I highly doubt this coaster is going to Dubai anytime soon because none of the Dubai theme park projects have really gotten off the ground including Universal Dubai.

In contrast, a lot more work has been going on around Universal Singapore than Dubai...

From my understanding, the park was announced back in 2007 and broke ground some time last year.

Besides some major groundwork/dune moving, the only part of the park built and standing is the infamous Universal arch.

I may be wrong, but if this park was to get approval initially, they must have their contracts with companies set in stone. Meaning, the contract with B&M would have already been set and the ball would have been set in motion. The global economic crisis hits, the park gets put on hold, and therefore the coaster sits idle in the parking lot. What I am trying to say is, it is not completely unreasonable for the yellow track to be going here since the contract was already made.

none of the dubai parks have really gotten off the ground

Correct, but wrong. If you look at what Dubai was supposed to be and what is in the works now, it was a fail. However, Ferrari World and the F1 race track were set in motion and both are nearing completion. So in that sense, one of the great parks of the area made it off the ground and should be opening any day now.

The global economic crisis hits, the park gets put on hold, and therefore the coaster sits idle in the parking lot. What I am trying to say is, it is not completely unreasonable for the yellow track to be going here since the contract was already made.

Exactly. This park was originally supposed to open 2010 or 2011, and manufacturing of the track need to happend a long time in advance in order to have enough time to ship it, built it and theme it.

But The Hulk is not yellow.

Nothing ever said it was gonna be themed to Hulk. I kind of doubt Universal has the rights to use the Marvel characters in that part of the world. It was just supposed to be a clone lay-out wise

^^ Is Universal Dubai even being built right now? I highly doubt this coaster is going to Dubai anytime soon because none of the Dubai theme park projects have really gotten off the ground including Universal Dubai.

In contrast, a lot more work has been going on around Universal Singapore than Dubai...

This track is not going to Singapore. Period. The park is way to ahead to put in another coaster, and there isn't any more room. I live in Singapore, I've seen the sight and there is no way that track is opening with the park. Of course it could be for a future attraction, but since Transformers is opening in 2011 this would have to be for 2012 at the earliest. And I don't think B&M would manufacturer track for a 2012 ride in 2008.

Of course it is still a big question if this will ever happened, especially as Dubai World, the big investment company keeping Dubai going is close to bankruptcy. But I think there is some yellow B&M track laying around somewhere in Dubai.

I wonder how much of the payment B&M had got. Maybe they will withdraw from the contract, and try to sell this ride to another park?

Wow! I haven't seen pics of the Universal Dubai arch... Maybe I was wrong about Universal canceling plans to build a Dubai park.

^ Of course the yellow track isn't going to Singapore (or we would've seen pictures of a gigantic yellow B&M coaster under construction). I was just comparing the progress of Universal Dubai to Universal Singapore...

However, Ferrari World and the F1 race track were set in motion and both are nearing completion.

IIRC, Ferrari World isn't exactly located in Dubai, but F1 Race Track??

- There really hasn't been much info about the yellow track aside from what type of coaster it is.

- Doesn't B&M have a plant in Europe which covers European countries and the Middle East while the American plant covers East Asia and North/South America. If the yellow track was to go to Dubai, wouldn't the track be manufactured in Europe?

^That took forever, but I found it. I was talking about the construction of the F1 track and the construction of the Yas Hotel.

Picture of the yas and track can be found here.

Anyways, back to the coaster world, I was always under the impression that the coasters were designed in Switzerland and then fabricated in Ohio. Additionally, at IAAPA, I spoke with B&M and they said that the only coaster going to America in '10 would be Intimidator, aka look for it to be foreign.

^ Of course the yellow track isn't going to Singapore (or we would've seen pictures of a gigantic yellow B&M coaster under construction). I was just comparing the progress of Universal Dubai to Universal Singapore...

- There really hasn't been much info about the yellow track aside from what type of coaster it is.

- Doesn't B&M have a plant in Europe which covers European countries and the Middle East while the American plant covers East Asia and North/South America. If the yellow track was to go to Dubai, wouldn't the track be manufactured in Europe?

Sorry, I misunderstood what you said! Yeah Singapore is a long way ahead of Dubai, but then Singapore didn't try to grasp too much. And when they say a date in Singapore, things usually open on that day

We know the track for European coasters are manufactured in Europe, but apart from that we don't really know. Of course this could also be for a Chinese park or something, but I would have guessed we would have known something by now. The long time since we first saw the track tells me somethign might not have gone according to plan. Just a thought

The Alex wrote:

But The Hulk is not yellow.

Nothing ever said it was gonna be themed to Hulk. I kind of doubt Universal has the rights to use the Marvel characters in that part of the world. It was just supposed to be a clone lay-out wise

Getchya gotchya, good

It's always amazing to have someone with information to dish.

Thanks for all of the tidbits!

• 6 months later...

We've got some new unpainted B&M track to speculate about!

B&M - (5/31/10) A Screamscape reader went by the steel plant where all the world’s B&M track is produced. While there was no bright freshly painted track on site, there was a few pieces of unpainted track laying around. There is no telling what this is for yet.

Screamscape

db_2010_0530_BM11.jpg.63a0344a4690ebae3be2a7eaeff6c189.jpg

db_2010_0530_BM21.jpg.579145f0e894a181528df42e8c98d212.jpg

db_2010_0530_BM31.jpg.6ae9d9b8913856756998a9b560f5e6d4.jpg

db_2010_0530_BM41.jpg.d2c41f07e52ab2da760f3ccceb01243a.jpg

^Im going to go ahead and assume it was for this...but I could be wrong...

rcdb.com/8983.htm

We decided a really long time ago that the track wasn't for a flying coaster...or an invert, hyper, or dive machine.

Ya but I completely forgot everything that happened in this discussion lol

Thats the only confirmed B&M on rcdb within the last year that we don't really know anything about color or layout wise though

Thats the only confirmed B&M on rcdb within the last year that we don't really know anything about color or layout wise though

Gardaland?

I dunno, since the labels on the track said "XWORKS" and it couldn't be matched up with any theme park or company, sure sounds more like a "project code name" to me!

Isn't that new B&M design supposed to be similar to "X"?

Maybe this one is a version of X...that WORKS!

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

Maybe it's for this:

http://screamscape.com/html/hersheypark.htm

2011/2012 - New Coaster - (6/1/10) The latest rumor sent in about Hersheypark claims that they may be looked at obtaining a new B&M coaster creation in the next two years. While nothing is set in stone yet, I’m told that the rumor going around is that the station may be placed in the Comet Hollow section of the park, which is also expected to see the Tilt-A-Whirl removed after this season. More when we find out.