TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

Alright, I have a question/theory.

We know that theme parks are being built in Dubai, correct? Because of that, maybe B&M is making many roller coasters for many parks. So maybe they are using their European, and American factories to make many coasters at once? I dunno if its true, but supposedly Busch is going to have a Kumba, Montu, and Griffon clone, in their Dubai park. So, is it possible that this is what it could be? Coaster clones? Or is it too early for work on those parks/projects? .....Just a thought.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm no expert on how long it takes to create coaster track, but I think it's safe to say that if they are starting right now they will have plenty, and I mean PLENTY of time to create multiple coasters done being manufactured before the park opens.

Can you imagine the kind of shipping they would charge Busch if they were manufacturing the parts in America? Eek.

People's insight into this amazes me.

I was looking at TPR's thread of the mysterious yellow B&M, and I looked at a recent link to gravityphotography.com posted by Bill Boy on page 103. I looked for the guy's photos of the B&M plant, and I saw part of a shipping container.

The name that recovered from the pic said Hapa... (the rest was blocked) so I googled "hapa" to see if we could determine where the container was going based on the shipping company's areas it ships to. The company is Hapag Lloyd, German based. But unfortunately, it's a global company, so we can't necessarily knock off certain continents. However, after looking up their main site, I discovered you can trace a container. You can search the Hapag Lloyd containers for the container number, and according to the "format" followed by the company, the code is a series of four letters followed by seven numbers. If someone can find that code on the container (if it's even on the container), someone can punch in the code and track where it's going.

Could have told him it was a Hapag Lloyd container without google I have an alternative plan as to finding out where this is going though. What if we wait until yellow B&M track starts appearing at a park somewhere. Then we can look at the code at the container the track arrived in, use their website and find out where it was heading

^ World's of Discovery was cancelled after InBev bought AB. And I'm pretty sure that if a Dubai park wanted a B&M, they would manufacture the parts in Europe.
BEC has not cancelled Worlds of Discovery in Dubai, it has only been put on hold.

^ World's of Discovery was cancelled after InBev bought AB. And I'm pretty sure that if a Dubai park wanted a B&M, they would manufacture the parts in Europe.
BEC has not cancelled Worlds of Discovery in Dubai, it has only been put on hold.

No the plans themselves have been shelved although I was wrong about the fact that it was InBev's decision.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/orl-kassab0409feb04,0,2251456.column

http://www.lifthill.com/news/dubai-busch-gardens-seaworld-plans-canceled/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uLECuGK07U

You might need to click the link to this video...

There aren't enough YouTube videos in this topic.

It's a real shame that the track and the supports don't fit together though.

It is only a shame that it does not satisfy our curiosity...

It is hardly a shame that there are now TWO yellow coasters in the works for 2010!

Hey does Intamin keep their factory more covert? Because you never hear anything about it and their rides do pop out of no where...I think, I havent been a coasternerd long enough to see a mysterious intamin thread

Intamin's track/supports are imported from overseas that's why such a thread has yet to be posted.