Track Spottings!

Go to:

https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Click2GovPZ/Index.jsp

Search by Name: Kings Dominion

Select the project that comes up: 09 – 30000009

Navigate on the left side to "Documents"

Review the DPW documents for details

Or go directly to:

https://www.hanovercountyvirginia.org/Click2GovPZ/HTLTR/PZLTR/PROD/PZ2009/P0041850.DOC

I am not an engineer, so most of it does not make sense, but a few things are pretty clear:

1. It states "Kings Dominion 2010 Expansion" and "New Roller Coaster".

2. 3.41 acres of disturbed land

3. Mention of a Ride Photo building

4. Mention that the Park Service Road will have to be relocated

5. Mention of location near Rebel Yell

6. Lots of talk of water and drainage, a "basin" and "tail water", whatever that is. Sounds like a B&M splashdown pool.

Never thought I'd imagine KD getting a B&M hyper but the thoughts on the splashdown make it possible.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ What about an Aquatrax??

As far as other parks, no way is CGA getting anything. Nothing has been rumored, and if anything, they'll get that GCI coaster they were supposed to get last year.

Nobody said anything about CGA getting a B&M. Or at least I don't remember posting anything regarding CGA getting a B&M.

I DO think I took this thread kinda seriously though.

Well, I don't understand I guess...all the CF parks will now have a new coaster from 2007-2009.

I would think the cycle would start all over again.

You've got it!

EDIT: Man I need to post things faster.

Would Kings Dominion install another coaster thats painted yellow? They already have Volcano and Dominator.

Dominator is orange,save for the loop & CF will install whatever colored coasters they choose in their parks anyhow.

CGA will not be getting a B&M,they're still trying to get the woodie that was cancelled this year.

Hyper with splashdown at KBF, with the station replacing KBT/KOD and the bulk of the ride running over and out past Bigfoot Rapids.

/There, I said it.

//Book it. Done.

I too have heard that they could get said hyper.

However, the area that you've described doesn't sound like it's big enough to support a massive coaster. Not to say that they couldn't circumvent that, but I think it's more likely that it will not just be in those areas. From what I've heard, they may try to cross the street again.

Sincerely,

R.C.

Hyper with splashdown at KBF, with the station replacing KBT/KOD and the bulk of the ride running over and out past Bigfoot Rapids.

/There, I said it.

//Book it. Done.

I too have heard that they could get said hyper.

However, the area that you've described doesn't sound like it's big enough to support a massive coaster. Not to say that they couldn't circumvent that, but I think it's more likely that it will not just be in those areas. From what I've heard, they may try to cross the street again.

Sincerely,

R.C.

I've heard this rumor for easily three years now, and so far, no hyper! I have little hope in this one.

My thoughts: Bill Gates is purchasing it, he'll call it "Screw Steve Jobs: The Ride"

^That is a possibility but if you look at the clearing just south of FOF that seems to be the focus of construction activity for the time being....I didn't know that waterworks over on the south end of rebel yell had that much empty land,but then again according to the photo it appears to have been an image taken just prior to 2007/2008 as HS:XLC is still there & the 09 additions clearly are not.

And you realize Cedar Point managed to get Top Thrill Dragster (Red) then Maverick (Red). Color doesn't matter at all.

As long as it's not named creatively- "Red Hyper 1" "Red Floorless Coaster 1" "Red Invert 2", etc.

Magnum XL-200 & Iron Dragon are red as well so make that 4 red coasters CP has! As you stated I don't think color matters when it comes to a new coaster either.

Now before I post this. I don't want abuse. Im not saying its true. But it may be an option. This is what is on Wikipedia. It has been for a few days.

NOW, I know that the track isnt flying track. But Australia would get a Sit-Down, Stand-Up or a Hyper. This may not be true. But it may be an option

Or its two dueling 600ft Mcdonalds theme B&M Aquatraxs.[/img]

^ Well its from Wikipedia, so I personally wouldn't fully trust it. It seems a little late for a new for 2009 coaster though. Do you know when Austrailia's 2009 coaster season starts?

Dan - Unbelievable! An Aquatrax and a B&M Flyer in the same season? - Nguyen

And you never know. The Batavia plant could be fabricating a second set of track if Dreamworld is getting a B&M Flyer. That doesn't necessarily mean that the yellow track is going to Australia.

The plant in Ohio only produces track for the US & Canadian markets,aside from the few orders recently done for China the other B&M's are produced in Europe.

I'm sticking with my bets that the yellow is for Carowinds & the red is for KD.

I seriously doubt Cedar Fair is buying two B&M's in the same year. Those are very expensive, and with the economy and all..

Back in 2007, before Behemoth it was rumored that Cedar Fair had struck three hyper deal with B&M, so I assume the hyper is going to a cedar Fair park. For the other, my guess is Asia. Lot of possible parks there, maybe even some we haven't heard about.

The hyper for Carowinds has been rumoured a long time, and seems more probably than KD. Maybe KD is getting a GCI woodie? Cedar Fair was supposed to buy three of those too...

It seems a little late for a new for 2009 coaster though. Do you know when Austrailia's 2009 coaster season starts?

Dan - Unbelievable! An Aquatrax and a B&M Flyer in the same season? - Nguyen

Our parks are open all year. But their most popular from October to April. January being the peak. So it does work for an Australian Park.

I was just at Dreamworld in March, they just opened a MotoCoaster this december. I doubt there getting something new.

Motocoaster opened in September 2007. And they do have a new ride every 3 years. I'm sorry but both Movie World and Dreamworld are due for new rides in the next two years.

The plant in Ohio only produces track for the US & Canadian markets,aside from the few orders recently done for China the other B&M's are produced in Europe

But Australia has no B&Ms. So where they would manufacture them is unknown. And considering Australia is closer to USA then it is to Europe it would make sense.

Robby

I think we can chalk up this Dreamworld B&M as utter bull, it was just some random edit on Wikipedia, most likely by some fanboy or whatever trying to live out his fantasy.

I don't know why you would even bother re posting it.....If it was news from a reputable site then maybe, but wikipedia